Kimbolton

Happy Birthday Wishes to you Red!

(Sorry I'm Late)

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

DesoPL

RedKetchup

i started the armor maker building to go with the new weapon maker building.....
i wanted both!

i did the overall building yesterday and today i finished it and added all the little details :)
the code is left to do for being able to see it in game.

Kristahfer

Very, very nice. I really like all the details that you put in. It is a shame though that we can not get a closer zoom in the game without using the cheat engine, which I can not use, not enough computer to do so.

hopledor

Nice !
Now can you make deco bannies with armor and weapon to guard our city gates ? :)

RedKetchup

So.

This is the new Armor Maker.

Armor Maker is taking iron, wood, and some expensive metal and do sheilds and armor pieces.
8x9. Cost 32 wood, 40 lumber, 32 stones, 36 iron, 6 glass.

it has 4 recipes:

Shield [2 wood +2 iron +1 coal]
Fine Armor [1 iron +2 leather +1 coal]
Noble Armor [2 iron +1 silver +2 coal]
Royal Armor [2 iron +1 gold +2 coal]

they all create 3 (uneducated) to 5 (educated) and their value are:

Shield: 12 value
Fine Armor: 16 value
Noble Armor: 40 value
Royal Armor 54 value

tuggistar

The new Armor Maker looks nice and beautiful. :)

Some other production will be for construction?

Maldrick

Looks amazing, RK.  Lot going on with that building and it looks amazing.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

tuggistar

Hi Redketchup. A small request. How about make a small mod for RK Editor Choice, such as for example-Cold realism, separately. That wild growing food could Grew in spring and prosper summer and autumn time and then in the winter time with arrival of minus temperature all wild growing food disappeared and with arrival of spring again appeared. You can make the wild growing food be slightly temperature dependent.
To sometimes play more difficult and interesting. :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: tuggistar on December 12, 2018, 06:07:46 PM
appeared. You can make the wild growing food be slightly temperature dependent.
To sometimes play more difficult and interesting. :)

yes i can check that !
and compare to onions, shrooms, berries and roots.

RedKetchup

since 3-4 days, i am trying to play with numbers about how a map should generate trees / trees 2 / grass / flowers at the map generator.

i finally found some good settings with trees/trees2/grass... only left to fix back again the flowers.
i also fixed my "lakes" in the Lakes map, i liked them alot.

after, i will gonna see if in the other map like plains/mountains/valleys... if i can make those optional lakes a bit better, smaller than Lakes map but more looking like those.

the screenshot was a fail, but it was also the trigger on about what i was trying to find. you will see how the trees tend to spawn. of course i played with the numbers then after to make alot more of them, but, this is how i wish to see them gathering, tight, in grapes formation.

EDIT:
why did i had to go back to deal with that ? because adding a 2nd layer of trees is making there way too much trees for one, also it reduced the grass alot and the spawn of flowers/wild fruits combo mechanic. having all tiles already allocated, it left not a lot of space for these. at begining i thought it was the "spawn chance" numbers.... but in fact, the spawn chance has almost nothing to do with the map generator, but more in spawn chance triggered by a neightbor tree.

so i found out with if play with other numbers like "_noiseOctaves"  "_noiseScale"  "_noiseCutoff" i am getting more control on the map generator.

EDIT2:
screen shots 2 and 3 show how it is now, thats the same number of seed i used last 24 attempts ^^

RedKetchup

i can say, some numbers about "lakes" inside a mountain map.... i say it makes things very ... interessant. random, shaped_by_mountains, and curiosity.

----------------

EDIT:

even if i dont necessairly have screenshots to show... (like weapon/armor makers...) i always work on this almost, almost everyday. these are tweaks here and there
thats all little details that make a good mod... a very good mod :)

RedKetchup

while i still applying the new lakes into other kind of maps like ... mountains, plains, valleys....

i did a little change to grass between the compile processes....
i asked the grass going a little more deeper like reeds, but without being reeds... and i like it. i like what it does.