News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New Medieval Town v 1.1b

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wood Cutter

Is there a problem with the download link. I notice that there is no file size on the link.

RedKetchup

nan, canadian : cogeco cable. i have one of the cheapest deal.... cant affort the ultima 55GB unlimited ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 02, 2015, 04:26:40 PM
nan, canadian : cogeco cable. i have one of the cheapest deal.... cant affort the ultima 55GB unlimited ^^
wow, your ontario neighbours get 15Gigs more per month on the same package!
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Herrbear

Wood Cutter

The canals.
Is there a criteria for how a trader will use a trading post on a canal. I have set one up which goes from a main river to a lake then out of the lake via another canal back to the river. So far no traders have detoured through the canal. I sometimes think that the canaks are purely cosmetic but if that is so why can the trading post be stocked with merchandise.

Xenon89

Since you introduced water as a food-ressource in your mod, why not using it at the bakery to make bread out of water and flour? Its more "realistic" and the water can be used for something.

Paeng

Quote from: Wood Cutter on July 02, 2015, 08:35:51 PMI sometimes think that the canals are purely cosmetic
Definitely not... they are fully functional as intended.

See a successful "Canal Story" here...

If your traders do not "see" the canals, maybe you did not connect the canal pieces well - the point where the canal meets the river needs to be rather smooth or straight... it's a bit tricky at first try.  :)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Gordon Dry

Quote from: Xenon89 on July 02, 2015, 11:18:23 PM
Since you introduced water as a food-ressource in your mod, why not using it at the bakery to make bread out of water and flour? Its more "realistic" and the water can be used for something.

I agree and second that.

Gordon Dry

I see that already 5 people downloaded the torrent file but I didn't upload anything yet.

I'm connectable, so I don't know what is the issue.

Nilla

Quote from: Paeng on July 03, 2015, 12:41:06 AM

Definitely not... they are fully functional as intended.

I totally agree on that. In my last big settlement with the elder version, I had dozens if these canal trading ports, couldn't have done without them. You can see some pictures in my blog; http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=918.0

If you have connected the canal somehow with the main river, you only have to wait until the merchant arrives.

Xenon89

Just got an addtional idea für your mod while I was playing. What about implementing a cooper to make barrels for the tavern/brewery?

chillzz

Quote from: Gordon Dry on July 03, 2015, 01:14:19 PM
I see that already 5 people downloaded the torrent file but I didn't upload anything yet.

I'm connectable, so I don't know what is the issue.
I already have the new version from ketchups onedrive link.. but for sake of testing i added both the .torrent and magnetic link.
added @ 16:12:57 CET  now at 00:28 CET still 0% downloaded. somehow it will not connect to a seed or peer.

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

i think this cause the 'torrent' havent been registrated on the servers.
i suggest to just abandon the idea. anyways the file is one 'Mega' and on 'OneDrive' at them both , there is certainly 1 or the 2 can provide effectively

RedKetchup

So, everyone, no crash ? no other bug to modify ? (out of the 'esc' bug ?)

i can release this Medieval Town v 1.1a ?

Wood Cutter

Further to my comments on the canal trading posts, is there a big lapse in time before a boat will arrive. It seems to take for ever and so far (2 game years at least) there have been no boats. Also if you straighten the edge of the river with the flattening tool to make a nice flat entrance for the canal will this affect the operation of the canal. I made a nice short canal to test the process. I know it must work. I guess it must be case of getting things laid out properly.