News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Small Boats for Banished Waters

Started by Paeng, May 04, 2017, 12:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

As we get more and more nice waterfront items, I been looking for boats, just for inspiration...

I packed a small zip (1.4Mb) with some I found -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4od4urq8g10dl3u/boats.7z?dl=0

Also saw a raft that I'd love to see on my rivers (attached)...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Gatherer

Looks good. Needs F-variant with the canvas roof.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Paeng

Quote from: Gatherer on May 04, 2017, 02:05:19 PMNeeds F-variant with the canvas roof.

Well yeah - the textures generally need improvement, and it's too dark...  :)

But I love the idea, and it's maybe not too complicated to "re-build" for our talented modders...  ;)

QueryEverything

I would love to see a small deco mod for boats and rivercraft :)  Great idea @Paeng :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

tanypredator

Yeah, looks nice. It can be made as storage, it looks like that. And what about boat housing or temporary housing just for one family? I was thinking about that.

Paeng

Quote from: tanypredator on May 04, 2017, 10:46:46 PMIt can be made as storage, it looks like that. And what about boat housing

Yeah, storage sounds good...

Houseboats - yep, always wanted them, too...   :)

embx61

I never build a 3d model boat before (I build wooden model ships though) and after the production Set 2 is finished I have a go at it.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

The Pilgrim

I think the one problem with making boats usable is that it would require them being connected to the shore so that the baniminions can get to them. If not I think it would be like when a piece of dock is finished but not connected to land yet and the builder gets stuck and starves to death.

Paeng

Quote from: The Pilgrim on May 05, 2017, 05:18:54 AMit would require them being connected to the shore so

Naturally...  Functional pieces need to connect to shore (e.g. with a jetty or dock piece), decorative companions should be ghosted...  :)

Abandoned

@Paeng I like the idea of storage and houseboat too, like that picture.  :)

QueryEverything

I'm feeling the love and inspiration for watercraft & water living :D 
I posted some photos as while back in a thread here & over on BL with some lovely houseboats and paddlesteamers, if the idea was expanded to included houseboats (for housing), and paddlesteamers for food (restaurants most are used as now on the Murray as well as entertainment), then there could be a lot of scope for water craft, that's functional.

I support @tanypredator & @Paeng ideas on this for that reason.  :)

In other news, I check Turbosquid and found only 3 houseboats under $49 :( ; but happily I found my inspiration posts I made months ago :) 
1:  ( @RedKetchup has since made the gorgeous beach houses for me)  http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1374.msg26375#msg26375  & 2: 
@:  http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/topic/589-stream-big-get-it-like-dream-big-lol/#comment-2146

Emmylou is still one of my most beloved Paddlesteamers, she was where we spent part of our honeymoon, hubby & I.  :) 

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Paeng

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 06, 2017, 01:25:53 AMI check Turbosquid and found only 3 houseboats

I checked a number of 3D sites - main problem is that all 99.9% of houseboats I found are motorized, which is not really what we're after (yet  :D )...

* And hey - when the age of steam(punk) comes to Banished, I get first pickings LOL ... j/k

;)

QueryEverything

Hahaha :)  You're more than welcome to offer your Steampunk ideas up.
That would be pretty awesome :)

You know, with the new smelters & blacksmith chains, you never know we may get there sooner, rather than later @Paeng ;)  That would be very inventive!  Bannies in Steampunk gear, holy batwings, that would be something to see!

Paeng

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 06, 2017, 01:59:38 AMoffer your Steampunk ideas

Oh, I've been pining for steam for a couple of years already, not pushing it though  :)

But with all the new developments (choo choo, particle "steam", heavier industrials etc.) that age might come closer... maybe one of the flags left will be turned into a new form of energy  ;)

QueryEverything

Would you mind sharing your Pin board @Paeng  ?  If not publicly, but at least privately? 
(No offence if you say no), I would love to see some of your style ideas!! :) 

I think I'm going to change my own up with a new gaming only one, haha ...  I'm getting a larger collection of gaming ideas pinned more recently than anything else.  At least I've stopped spamming with hair colour, ROFLMAO!