News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Workplace V2.05

Started by kid1293, February 19, 2017, 07:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maldrick

Awesome, so I got that big set loaded...Tried all of the small covers (the stall-type ones) from Workplace and Rowhouse Business...They are all fine except that one from Workplace.  It causes a crash when selecting it after placing it.  To be specific, there are two with multicolored brick/tile on the roof...It's the one that has the tan / earth tones in it.  Pretty sure you all call that "Happy" but could have it mistaken for the other one (that's more pink).

Going to start disabling mods and see if I can get it narrowed down.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

brads3

since the community icon,it is harder to narrow down conflicts. you can click the minimize button on the mod under the  mod order and it will show a list of mods it conflicts with.it will be a long list since any mod using the community icon will show red.check the list for mods conflicting above the workplace mod. as you scroll down below the mods conflicting, there is a list of files that conflict.the 1st set of lines is going to be related to the community icon. way below that will be actual files that impact the function of the mod. if you can narrow down which file it is, you might have a chance of solving it with mod order.

i will give you an example. the NAT DIV and season FX conflict. knowing the files, i can figure out what i will lose depending on my order. since my reason for the seasonFX is the texture of crop fields and nothing else,i swap it below the NAT DIV.

sorry for not having an easier way to find it. since the community icon and 1.07 changes there is some weird conflicts that are harder to narrow down or fix.i do think this mod affects my duckhunters,even though it has nothing to do with ducks.not KID's fault, just odd.i can solve it with putting the workplace mod lower in my mod order.it is a give and take now. i have it below the bakery plus mod. the placing in mod order does seem to be more picky now than before the 1.07 change.

Maldrick

@brads3 Really?  Somehow I've never seen that.  Will have a look when I go back in.

I pulled all of the mods I knew I wasn't using the first time I ran into this crash....Was a totally different theme and eleminated a lot.  Just now got all the roads, bridges and deco stuff vetted and removed.  That knocked the set down by about 2/3 so that should make this go pretty quickly, now.

Thanks for that tip.  Never saw that before.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Maldrick

Oddly enough, nothing was conflicting.  I'm down to just Workplace in the directory and it's still crashing clicking on that one cover.

Going to make sure my video drivers are up to date, redownload the mod, and maybe run a file check on Steam if I can...Or reinstall the game.

Maldrick

Re-download for the win!  Could have sworn I updated everything when I came back from my break a couple months ago but must have missed Workplace.  Apparently, whatever bug Paeng found that kid fixed as mentioned in the patch notes fixed this, too.

Awesome!

Edit: I see now what I did.  I did download the current version when I came back but neglected to replace it in my "Standard Mods" file that I have set aside the various mods I always load when starting a new set...roads, deco stuff, etc.  Workplace is a standard :)

kid1293

Blame it on me that you did not find it sooner!
Of course it was that bug I fixed for Paeng. I just did not remember.
I am glad it all got sorted out! :)

triangle

Hi, Thanks for the response,
and sorry it took so long to check back..

I have since tested this latest update fix hoping it solved this issue on the flour on a new seedmap/save and sadly I get the same error..

What I am noticing is the same problem even dropping the workplace tiny storage shed that comes with the mod along side the grinder.. the grinder worker takes the wheat or oat and adds it to the grinder, stands there for 30 seconds bends down to take the flour out from grinder and ..popuperror  *i click ignore* window goes back to game.. the grinder worker then walks to the shed and bends down to add the flour to the little shed ..popuperror the grinder repeats this and then the baker worker goes to get the flour ..popuperror he then drops it at the oven to bake bread ...popuperror.

Strange that this also occurs even if I shut off the baker and keep the grinder working.. the marketplace vendor picks it up to take it to the market place or someone else takes the flour from the shed and adds it to the vanilla storages ..popuperrors   

The flour is stored fine but not without all the pop-ups consequence
so it just sits there as a resource until the baker gets to it.

I had this exact same "cant place item into storage!" assert issue with "The North" for v1.6 mod & can't remember which exact resource it was but it did exactly the same thing, So what I'm wondering is if it's not really a "mod issue" but a "Banished Build" Issue that doesn't play nice with older mods syntax ..*shrugs*

Thanks for the info & thanks for the effort in making the mod
I always enjoy condensed tiny mods like this so I hope you keep up the good work!  =)

kid1293

Yes, it could be an issue with flags. Either by Banished version or another mod
somehow changing them. Did you try without any other mods?
I am clueless to what is happening. I don't have that error.

Maldrick

That's what you told me! :P

Happy New Year, @kid1293 :)

kid1293

Right back at you @Maldrick !

Happy and healthy New Year!

triangle

almost forgot to inform you so people don't think there is something wrong with the mod.. tom sawyer solved that above error popup issue I was having.. It's not a problem with workplace mod as long as you don't use modkit to play it with.

If you play it normally as you should this wont happen.

I threw a few mod pkm files inside banishedkit windata folder thinking rather then switching between banished/modkit all the time I can test & play in the same engine without switching..
It's the same game after all  durr ..but yeah,  Don't do that because modkit will not be silent when it dislikes a storage recipe and warns you about the issue thinking your making this wrong.. here's an error.

So my bad, not yours   ..carry on.

kid1293

kid1293

@child_of_air

Just a small update.
Grinder now handles Wheat, Corn, Oats, Wild Oats, Barley and Sorghum.
(should be save compatible)

Link to download

galensgranny

Thanks, Kid, for adding the sorghum and barley, which now makes the small grinder good to use for your small garden plots that can grow sorghum and barley.  :)

Maybe you might think to add a small jam maker to this workplace mod, being as the small garden plots can grow strawberries. Someday, please, I wish and hope.

These small workplaces are very useful in the game.  I like the Bannies to have some different bakery and dairy products at the same time, so next to a regular large bakery I put a small workplace baker to make an alternate product than the large main bakery, and likewise near Red Ketchup's creamery I put a small dairyman to make an alternate dairy product.  That is better than going back to switch out the menu of the larger buildings to make something else.

taniu

@ kid1293 :D Thank you - a nice surprise - I play with small mods - great work. Regards