News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice - FULL version 1.11 (Bugfixed)

Started by RedKetchup, August 31, 2018, 08:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

crop fields don't need fertilizer.only the RK  greenhouses use it.

Maldrick

Quote from: littlelamb on November 21, 2018, 04:32:48 PM
Hi folk

A quick question
Is there any way to stop bannies walking through decorative fences?

Thankyou

Might have a look at Necora's Empty Square mod. Pretty sure its intended use was just for this...Adding impassiblity to ghosted stuff.  He expanded it to add some other functionality, also.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

littlelamb

Thank you for the replies brads3 and Maldrick

RedKetchup

Quote from: littlelamb on November 22, 2018, 03:22:11 PM
Thanks for the reply Redketchup.  I have some more questions.

With you mod installed do the farms and plantations require fertiliser?

Is there any way to pin your RK icon so that it stays open all the time? It would be great to not have it close when I select other icons.  For example - the destruction icon.

Thankyou

fertilizer is for the greenhouses, not for the plantations. the greenhouses.

no there is no way to pin an icon or toolbar.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

donwolfkonecny

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 19, 2018, 02:24:11 PM

it refers to how adult the seeder need to be old for seeding a new tree near it.
0.9 number set to be 90% fully grown, 90% of adult.

vanilla tree:
   // maximum growth before death, -1 for ever living
   float _maxGrowth = 5.0;

// growth +- some amount
   float _maxGrowthTolerance = 1.0;

// length of growth period to maturity
   float _growthInMonths = 40;

Okay so this means
1) float _maxGrowth = 5.0;
A tree will grow to 5 years then die. (It would be cool if firewood only appears when a tree dies, but maybe too much work. Does firewood appear randomly then, or near trees regardless of age? it seems to appear in empty spaces)

2) float _maxGrowthTolerance = 1.0;
What does this mean? Does this mean it might grow to 6 years?

3)    float _growthInMonths = 40;
I think this would be better named Maturity and it means that's when it can seed (even though some humans seed before they are mature!)

at 90% of that age it will begin to seed. in this case for months 40-60

// re-seeding.
   bool _autoSeed = true;
   int _seedChance = 12;
   int _seedDistance = 8;
   int _seedTimeMonths = 3;
   float _growthForSeeding = 0.9;

each month there is a 12% chance it will seed. randomly up to 8squares from the parent. It will be three months before it can seed again. and .9 months before it appears as a tree on the map. Please correct any of this.

I personally think in real life, everything can seed very far, from wind and animals eating seeds and poohing them elsewhere. That's the point of the seed, to carry far. No harm having very far seeds in the game. But okay.
If I harvest everything, then nothing will grow in the center of the harvested area, it has to grow back from the edges, rather slowly because the tree or thatch must reach maturity before it will reseed.

So one strategy would be to harvest everything except one mature plant, and this would reseed the fastest, naturally.
But if I wanted to produce lots of thatch, I would need a fodder farmer who will plant fodder. I never tried one because I didn't understand what it did. Perhaps the description could read "Plants and harvests fodder"?

Flowers. Does the Florist "Plant and harvest" flowers? Description makes it seem as though it only gathers, like gatherer, not forester. If it does not plant, how can I make more flowers?

Where is the mod for using thatch as fuel?

And lastly, when I attack bears and boars, can you please make them attack back? I built a hospital but it seems a waste of space and I'd like to see it used for something. Game in general could use s a little more combat.

RedKetchup

1-2) yeah if =5 equal 5 years and + 1.0 would mean it could get to 6 years. and no, there is no way make something spawn on purpose when a tree die , ie. firewood or deadwood.

3) 40 month before it gets mature, which mean max graphic height. at 40 month it becomes adult.
the 90% is 90% of the 40 months, so 36 months before it can reseed itself every 3 months it has a chance (12%) up to a 8 tile away max.

again, the float _growthForSeeding = 0.9; means 36 months (90% of 40 months)

about thatch , thats simple, instead of a tree, it is a grass patch. the grass patch has the same properties as a tree with some different numbers and a different list of spawn. the fodder farmer building is exactly like a forester building but the difference, it remove trees/ores/stone/flowers/etc and plant a grass patch. and when that grass patch will be adult, it will harvest it and put another new grass patch at its tile.

florist is exactly like a gatherer hut, instead to harvest berries/onion/shrooms... it harvest flowers. Gatherers dont plant anything, so florist dont plant anything.

no need mods for using thatch as fuel, your wood cutter building has an option to make firewood from thatch ( 5 thatch = 5-8 firewood)

and no we cannot ask the bears attack. make mods is not programing a new game. we cannot change game mechanics.

donwolfkonecny

Thank you very much for the information.
How do I make more flowers?
If I wanted more forest food, I would grow more trees. Do flowers grow under trees so I need to make more trees?

brads3

should the trees spawn new trees at a younger age,maybe 50% or less of maturirty

DON,as RED said the fodder can be bundled for the houses to burn by the vanillla woodchopper.because  i use the pine mod,i don't have the firewood scattered or spawning.i use KID's forest outpost for the Nat Div mod.this way my houses wil burn fodder without it being bundled. a workaround that works with my mod list and order.

RedKetchup

Quote from: donwolfkonecny on November 26, 2018, 09:32:28 AM
Thank you very much for the information.
How do I make more flowers?
If I wanted more forest food, I would grow more trees. Do flowers grow under trees so I need to make more trees?

you "make" flowers by placing a fodder farmer in a zone, convert it to meadows(grass) and the grass will spawn tons of flowers.

how you make "forest food" ? take a place, take all the ores, take all the stone, keep the trees, let grass to spawn a fair amount of flowers. Cut the grass, keep the flowers... you will get a gatherer hut to farm 4000 food per year. with 4 citizens, you will feed 40 citizens.

trees are not spawning flowers, nor spawing grass. it only spawns classic wild food and deadwood.

tuggistar

I tested the Hunting Season 3.0 mods with RK Editor Choice-FULL version 1.11 (Bugfixed). Had the game at maximum speed on easy start level-three years on large map. Put the fisherman, woodcutter, gatherer and Hunter. Huge herds of deer roamed all over the map, along with animals from RK Editor Choice and no problems were found. MOD influenced only by the population of deer and other animals are not affected. Only Hunter hunted deer only.

You can increase the population of animals on a map of mods RK Editor Choice a bit and that with them falls as a separate mods. For those who want to separate. Problems in the game should not be the case, given what the population of deer roamed all over the map.

taniu

@RedKetchup  :D I have a question, does your fashion RK Editor Choice - v 1.11light and v 1.11 Full - occur wild bees? I think you did not put them in your editor - because recently I tested for many days and finally came up with the idea to install the "Wild Been" mod since December 31, 2016 - then they appeared. I tried with mod "New Flora Gathener" - there were wild bees, but because of that your wild animals have disappeared from the forest - I have a request - can you add wild bees to the forest? - I'd be happy.? I do not know if they can be added to the editor - because there are many other wild animals and plants? Personally, I would not waste my time looking for them in other mods and would have them in one editor? - I do not know if there is also wild flax? if so, who is collecting them? I've seen blue flowers - but I'm not sure if it's flax? - there are a lot of colorful flowers.
is it necessary to add New Flore to the game - in my opinion, this is pointless? - and secondly, your Editors are great - they have a great time, only the building is missing to collect wild honey and collect wild flax - they are needed for further production - maybe you can add these 2 sections to collect flowers or grass? Cheers

RedKetchup

i dont have wild bees yet, nor i have wild flax and wild cotton. maybe later.

i think new flora works fine. before or after rkec... i dont remember what was been said.

taniu

@RedKetchup :D :D thank you for the answer ."New Flora Gathener" - this mod does not work even if it is placed at the top of the list @ KID 1293 wrote that its mod "Workplace V2" are not this not compatible with RKEC - that's why I'm very happy that later you will add wild bees, wild flax, wild cotton. I will wait patiently. Cheers

kid1293

Hi. I think it is a conflict with NaturalResourceTree.rsc and spawning.

brads3

i did a map with the new flora mods and RK.it was a while back but i do think the wild animlas worked. http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2504.0

mine would have had the pine and pine patch mods loaded. with my setup i do give up the scattered firewood.you can check thru my notes on it.if my memory is right ,not all gathering huts would collect all items.KID's FO gatherer did seem to collect a better variety between the many mods.

as KID pointed out 1 mod different can cause chaos.using the foreever/immortal tree mod with the RK and the 1.05 version of pine mod does cause issues with gathering.