News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice - FULL version 1.11 (Bugfixed)

Started by RedKetchup, August 31, 2018, 08:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

I've had a problem where the animals stayed in the trade port and never moved to the pasture. They were CC animals, but I don't think it really matters which mod they come from. The game thought the animals were in the pasture but they were stuck in the port. It might be a random bug. I've only seen it happen once.

littlelamb

Hi brads3

I had 2 workers in the pasture, also tried adding the 'Duck gives feather's mod put if just under RK but no luck.
At present I am testing. I took out all mods except RK Tested and Ducks were okay, si it seems that a mod way the problem. I am now testing. Replacing the following  Debug, I see fire, Horse and Wagon and CC Journey - one at a time - to see what mod need to go. Just hope it is not Debug.

I will be back to let you know what I find out.

Hey Redketchup - good sense of humour - I am a bit slow today - took me a while to catch on. Ducks hiding because they feel unprotected. Good one

brads3

never saw a duck gives feathers mod.i have seen a less feathers mod.the feathers mod,you would want above the RK since it influences  setings of the ducks in the RK. general rule: topmost mod affects mods below it.  if you are using the CC journey without the RK choice,you can use the ducks with feathers mod by RED http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=482. place it above the CC so it overrides the ducks included with the CC. if you add that above the RK you should have ducks that give feathers.
                   the debug never causes issues.doesn't even show any conflicts.very handy for quick testing.did you search blackliquid for any answeres? i never had that problem but didn't buy ducks for pastures often either.always used the duck hunter blinds for them.

ELEMENTAL,that seems to be due to placing. if you place the TP just right,the spot that the animals leave is over water.then no animals will walk off the TP docks.luckily i have not had this happen.wonder if different modders have fixed it somehow too. you can try to add dock pieces beside the TP.they might walk off then. i have had a barn where bannies would get stuck betwen it and a dock TP.few dock pieces and they walked around it. if that didn't work,i would terraform a 1 tile space next to the opening of the TP.

donwolfkonecny

Hello.
#1) Could you please add the Action of Hunt? North has one and that allows me to amass food at the start before building hunters.
#2) I've begun a game of RK EC. I absolutely love the variety of animals and plants. However, when I see a herd of animals, I place a hunting shack there. It's far from my city because no animals come near my city. The workers get cold and hungry so far away so they take a long time. Finally it is built, and the animals have left. And they don't seem to come back. I have three hunter shacks that have captured zero game over two years. To me it seems impossible or impractical to hunt in this mod. I have caught one or two bison and pheasant, but most years yield zero. How am I supposed to make hunting profitable? If I had the ability to direct the laborers to where the animals are, without hunt shack, this problem would go away. Am I doing something wrong? I want to eat those beautiful animals!

elemental

Quote from: brads3 on November 08, 2018, 08:34:33 PM
ELEMENTAL,that seems to be due to placing. if you place the TP just right,the spot that the animals leave is over water.then no animals will walk off the TP docks.luckily i have not had this happen.wonder if different modders have fixed it somehow too. you can try to add dock pieces beside the TP.they might walk off then. i have had a barn where bannies would get stuck betwen it and a dock TP.few dock pieces and they walked around it. if that didn't work,i would terraform a 1 tile space next to the opening of the TP.

No, it wasn't due to placing. I've built the same port in the same spot on the same map and it worked fine. I even had other animals in that same game that left the port without any problems. It was a really weird one-off problem. I've never seen it happen again.

brads3

Quote from: donwolfkonecny on November 08, 2018, 08:40:40 PM
Hello.
#1) Could you please add the Action of Hunt? North has one and that allows me to amass food at the start before building hunters.
#2) I've begun a game of RK EC. I absolutely love the variety of animals and plants. However, when I see a herd of animals, I place a hunting shack there. It's far from my city because no animals come near my city. The workers get cold and hungry so far away so they take a long time. Finally it is built, and the animals have left. And they don't seem to come back. I have three hunter shacks that have captured zero game over two years. To me it seems impossible or impractical to hunt in this mod. I have caught one or two bison and pheasant, but most years yield zero. How am I supposed to make hunting profitable? If I had the ability to direct the laborers to where the animals are, without hunt shack, this problem would go away. Am I doing something wrong? I want to eat those beautiful animals!

you can download the quick hunter and fisherman from TOM's page. go to the North's posting pages and it should be at the bottom of the 1st page.he has made several individual mods for us.and yes it will work with the RK. the RK animals do waunder and RED did dial hunting back i find it is more realistic cause like you mentioned when you are working an area the animals get scared away. 1 work around is using the tower hunters from the training camp mod. i do like these for meadow areas. they give a variety of animals and furs.

Matek

What about tools? When i produce cooper-alloy tolls citizen window show steel tool, so is this just display, i dont know, bug? or are tools treated as steel?

RedKetchup

Quote from: Matek on November 09, 2018, 07:46:27 AM
What about tools? When i produce cooper-alloy tolls citizen window show steel tool, so is this just display, i dont know, bug? or are tools treated as steel?

the display is not the real name of the item, it is more about "the quality of the tool" as info. copper tools is almost the equal of iron tools, and the copper-alloy tool is almost the same quality as the steel tool.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

actually the name tag is wrong but the tool quality still works. this is from the blacksmith tool mod.a wood tool has the wrong name also but breaks a lot more often.

donwolfkonecny

Hello. What are the numbers for smoking v salting v drying v butcher v barbequeing meats? Do I get more food from doing this or the same? If it's the same, is there any reason to do this besides aesthetics? It would be great if the production buildings showed their receipe such as Chopper = "1 log = 4 firewood" that way I could see these answers myself.
Also I see the blacksmith takes 3 IronOres but the Foundry takes 2. Do they both yield one Iron, meaning the Foundry is more efficient?
Also what's a reason to use a GreenHouse instead of a Field, could be cool if i can grow crop after crop with no winter, or at least a longer season so it doesn't die from frost early?

donwolfkonecny

Hello great modding! I like to keep the list of assignments posted so I can see them and change them. But the window is huge, even the scrolling one. Could you make a list of jobs that only lists jobs that have at least one person assigned? Or if not, then maybe a window with just the top 10 or 20 jobs?
There are many jobs I have never used, and some I only get to in late game, but the whole game they are just clutter, covering the good looking game, with the useful ones mixed in alphabetically which is a real pain. Thanks!

RedKetchup

processing food are mainly: taking 12 and make 18-24 from it. if happends to need an extra like firewood/salt/etc. their value will be higher to compensate.

the profession window is very tight, you cannot pull out 1 profession and make it be written in a specific UI window (profession window is still an UI window)
the list is called by a function which is a "table" function. all the "table" is being called. so you cannot ask a specific profession to be out. you call the "table" and the function on how the "table" is made, you dont see it. it is hidden from us.

the only thing you can set, is the display of it. do you want it on 1 column ? 2 column ? want a determined width and lengh and want a scrolling bar to the right ? but the "table" dont have access.
what is a "table" ?  it is like a board, like a spreadsheet, kinda like an excel spreadsheet with some columns, with some rows... the column can be name, what it does, what is tools animation associated with, capacity to lift weight, etc. the rows will be prof 1, prof 2 prof 3 ....
the whole "table" we dont see it how it is stored in the programmation of the game.

so we cannot make a profession UI that will hold the the ones we want, but maybe show the first 2 or the first 10 by limiting the UI window.

DS has made some different profession UI by playing with the window, in 1 column, on 2 , on 3 maybe, limited on 240, 320, 640 pixels, on different size? ... and he posted his code. i can probably steal a window or 2 :)

greenhouse is creating bucket of food from thin air, after X amount of work units. crop is a very tight, hidden, sub program in the game code.we cannot alter it.

RedKetchup

Quote from: donwolfkonecny on November 09, 2018, 11:37:14 AM

Also I see the blacksmith takes 3 IronOres but the Foundry takes 2. Do they both yield one Iron, meaning the Foundry is more efficient?

they dont yield one iron, they yield 1-2 iron. you create 1 iron if your are non educated, you create 2 iron if you are educated. Education in this game is very very important. every people, every map, every difficulty... people should try to get education as fast as they can , and not think thats optional. i know every person has different way to play , have different priority at start ... but education is still very important. and more important to this mod since i extended all the process. you are hitting a rock and get iron ore, and that iron ore need to be smelt into iron, then you take the iron and make a tool from it. everytime you get a process, if you dont have eductaion, you are losing some "potential" to get more from it, at each level of the process.

yes blacksmith can smelt iron ore to 1-2 iron as same as foundry, but with a cost. the cost is there to penalize you to not build the most performing building.

donwolfkonecny

Thank you for the info. Do the different schools offer different schooling, is there a reason to build Adriana's in addition to "school".

kid1293

I jump in to answer. All schools are treated equal in Banished. Big, Small, Expensive...

They all give the same education. The variations in schools are for the visuals and role-playing.