News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Clothes

Started by Nilla, October 06, 2020, 03:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Does anyone know if the Bannis prefer warm coats over fair coats if both are available?

In my present game I produce a lot of linen and wool coats for export but since it's a harsh climate, I also produce some warm coats for my people. I thought that if both were available, they would choose the warm coats. When I look at a few people, there are always some with warm and some with fair coats, so I guess it's about ½ of each. I have a large surplus of all kind of clothes. I've just looked; warm coats are missing at two of 8 markets but the other way around; there were some at 6 of them.

CookieBarrel

Warm coats are modded to last longer not necessarily "warmer".
I don't think bannis where codded for a preference.
If you want them in warmer coats reduce the availability of the lighter coats.

Nilla

Warm coats don´t last longer. At least I haven´t heard of a mod that can do that. They are actually warmer: people don´t need to go home to get warm so often when they have them. You might mix clothes with tools @CookieBarrel. Better tools last longer and how long a tool last can be modded.

But I think that you are right when it comes to preference. I watched a bit more and I´ve seen Bannis grab linen coats when winter clothing was available.

CookieBarrel

"mix clothes with tools" I'll go with that ;D
Splicing simultaneous thoughts in a coherent sentence isn't believable. Although annoying. :-[

galensgranny

Are the Bannies perhaps happier with warm clothes?

Nilla

Quote from: galensgranny on October 07, 2020, 09:05:21 AM
Are the Bannies perhaps happier with warm clothes?
No, not even in the North, with the tweaked happiness system. They get unhappy if they have no clothes at all but I've never seen any difference between warm and fair clothes.

A long time ago, I looked how the Bannis behaved. During the winter someone without clothes (or ragged as the menu says) went home several times to get warm. Also those who had a work indoors. (I remember a teacher, where the school must have been very cold, she went home frequently and it took longer for the students to be educated). Those with normal clothes went home to get warm a few times during the winter and those with warm coats never. In summer it's no difference at all.

kid1293

I think Nilla is right.

float _coldnessLevel = 7.5;
   float _freezingLevel = 15.0;
   float _coldPerMonth [ 12.0, 8.0, 5.0 ]
   float _maxColdness = 20.0;
   float _minTemperature = 48.0;
Winter is the deciding thing. There must be a hidden value for the
warmth of the clothes. How much cold they tolerate.

and (for all clothes)
   float _clothingLengthInMonths = 48.0;

theonlywanderer

In harsh conditions, you definitely want to produce warm coats otherwise every task reduces in production.

Warm coats do not last any longer, they only allow the bannies to stay at their task longer.

I'm pretty sure if several types of coats are available in the same market they will choose the warm coat over hide or wool.   But if their closest market only has wool or hide coats, they will just take one of those and won't go looking for a warm coat.

I believe tools work the same.  They will prefer the better tool if several types are in the same market, otherwise they take what is available and won't go looking for better even if other markets have them.

Nilla

Quote from: theonlywanderer on October 07, 2020, 02:00:24 PM

I'm pretty sure if several types of coats are available in the same market they will choose the warm coat over hide or wool.   But if their closest market only has wool or hide coats, they will just take one of those and won't go looking for a warm coat.

I've always thought it was like this, too but I'm not sure anymore. In my game I have plenty of warm coats and there are some at most markets. I find that too many Bannis don't use warm coats in this game. I thought it was about the half as I started this thread but after looking more carefully, I think it's even less. I also held a market open with all kind of coats and I saw 1 linen coat disappear. Theoretically it could have been a trader where 1 linen coat was missing, I didn't saw who picked that coat up but that seems unlikely since I have 2000 linen coats in each port.