News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

No audio?

Started by Katsuro, September 04, 2019, 04:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katsuro

After having a colossal issue with the Steam version (it stopped working after Steams mandatory update and could not resolve the issue), I recently downloaded it through GoG. I noticed that recently, the music stopped playing and downloading a music mod does not seem to add their music either.

The music is set for on via the options, so not muted. What is odd is Banished does not appear in the volume options via the desktop

Does anyone know of a fix for this? I can always just pop some other music on from youtube, but actually like the default music

MarkAnthony

Twice now since I started playing Banished in June I lost sound with the game and it will never restart on it's own. My issue is my wifi speaker, occasionally it drops out and when it does during game play, that's it - no more sound. I just have to save my game, exit and relaunch it and the sound is back.

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

Katsuro

After doing a lot of searching, I guess it was a problem with it being the "stand alone" version and not one that goes through Steam or GoG. I am on Windows 10 as well, so cannot download the DirectX package that other people have had to do, it always tells me the DL failed (or installation).

I mean it's not game breaking, but does kinda suck that there isn't that ambiance and sounds