News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: RK CHOICE testing

Started by brads3, January 29, 2019, 07:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

DS good question. it does change between construction and firewood flags. it stores in piles but there are some barns that will stoe it. i can't give you a definitive answere since i have added mods since a save point. your stone hovels do not burn gathered thatch. i have the hovels set to burn only firewood ,but am using the no burn coal mod. RED has the main vanilla chopper set to bundle thatch into firewood.

RED,yes i have all other wild animals.

KID,i have the westwardHo wagon not the westwardHO. so the game is not using the prairie start version. as far as i kniow it only changes the bison texture. was surprised it did that.

today is crash festival.

kid1293

Next time I use bison I will tell them to say MOO so you can find them :)

brads3

LOL. RED's are loud. you can hear them. it actually did help with testing. i could hear them in the trees.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 08, 2019, 09:27:51 AM
LOL. RED's are loud. you can hear them. it actually did help with testing. i could hear them in the trees.

yeah, i noted on my to do list to lower the sound of the bisons ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

i didn't say the noise was bad. did you see the end of the log glows that i posted earlier?

RedKetchup

brads3

when i scroll around the map i see weird glows.look birght when i scroll back in they are the cut ends of fallen  logs.
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2852.0;attach=35141;image

not a major issue.when i was looking for the bee hives or other items i do se them.they do stand out when scrolling over the edge of forests.

RedKetchup

oh that ? ... yeah maybe i should gray it a bit as time flies...

brads3

mod order profile saved to this point,

RK TEST phase 5 add Necora's pine mod<version 1.05>

RK townhall patch is already in mod order above RK and addition mods.it is just beow the start condition mods.this patch was made for conflicts with the pine mod.without this mod clicking on any several RK buildings before built did cause crashes.they were buildable if you did not click on them and everything did work without other issues.

this will take several tests.i will test this both ways, 1 below the RK,1 above.

i will try to add the pine mod to the RK,placing it with Necora's mod group below the RK. i am not adding any patches.this should add the pine mod foresters and buildings without affecting the start map. in theory there will be no chanterellas,no traps,no fiddleheads.basically it should only add half the pine mod.

atempt 2: pine mod version 1.04 copied over from backup file. use medium start original lake map. build nothing.turn speed up, let game run. if only has to run to spring.if it doesn't crash by then,i am safe.
crash #4.

attempt 2 test with A&E start and 1.04 pine mod passed with no building.it did run into spring.
                     tested with gatherer start failed.

crash,crash,crash, yippee. i could spend hours trying to fix this,quit ,and start again tomorrow.i could move the pine mod to just below the RK and retest it. then try adding the patches.what do know? crashes before the season change. the crash is internal, not building related at all. as i sat here thinking it thru,i did reload and let the game run without building or  sending the bannies to clear.
Necora tweaked the times on the spawning betwen these 2 versions.RED did changes to the trees.this RK CHOICE version has many changes to the gathering including addiong NEW FLORA items. i could search and probably find the old 1.06 banished version of the pine mod before the new flag upgrade to 1.07. i give it 50-50 odds on crashing then.

the mod  only worked under ADAM and EVE start  using the 1.04 version of the pine mod.  in this case, the trapper will not work. the trap items will not spawn.

below RK,the pine mod failed. the gremlins win today. i am surprised the mod didn't work after changing the start settings.that should have disabled most of the spawns from the pine mod.  the conflicts have to be deeper into the coding.so using the pine mod below the RK will not work.

hopefully,today's tests will go better.

kid1293

'50-50 odds on crashing'

I think you are having fun  ;D

Nilla

Quote from: kid1293 on February 09, 2019, 05:43:55 AM
I think you are having fun  ;D

I agree, I think he would be bored if everything would work smoothly with no crashes and no weird behaviour! ;)

brads3

you have been away too long NILLA. i had the game working without issues. up until RED's new version of the RK.  i do wish the pine had worked under the RK.   

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 09, 2019, 07:37:21 AM
you have been away too long NILLA. i had the game working without issues. up until RED's new version of the RK.  i do wish the pine had worked under the RK.

you have most of the trees , more beautiful they were... added the cotton/flax/oats spawns... what do you want more ?

brads3

me....?  $$,land,new truck..... oh you mean the game. at the moment, nothing. since others ask about the pine, i did test it both ways. the bannies will live without maple syrup. i think the changes to the tree coding is why it crashed when below the RK. even if the pine loaded then, there wouldn't be trapping.   

brads3

RK TEST add pine mod above RK 

hopefully, this goes better than trying the mod below the RK. with the pine mod above the RK,it will make changes to the gathering and trees. again i will test the pine mod without the flax patch.

medium start works. i can see NECORA's trees.RED's pine trees are not appearing.inventory shows 2 flax,1 cranberry,1 eggs,and the other pine mod items are added. there is no crash.this way of adding the pine mod worked. RED's oat,flax,and firewood are loadng.TANDY's bees also loaded. without running this for many years,i can assume the traps will work.NECORA set some items to appear on a delay.

now how much does this offset or alter the RK? the trees are changed. most of RED's code to the trees and growth will not load with this start.this gets tricky to explain. based on my unbderstanding, the game will add items.it won't change code lines that were wrote from a higher placed mod. so the game added RED's berry types but won't change the look of the cranberry from the higher placed pine mod.so it added flowers,fodder,firewood,and oats. but the gathering spawn and collection coding is primarily the pine mod.
this means many things that RED worked to improve are no longer working. it would take extensive tests to figure out exactly how much this affects gameplay. will the laborers now collect all items? what itemsl the pine and main gatherer collect? how is the balance of items,does 1 item appear more than others?

the goal was to add the pine mod to the RK. adding below the RK would have done that,which failed. adding above the RK does change too much."based on my unbderstanding, the game will add items.it won't change code lines that were wrote from a higher placed mod." this is a players nightmare.since we can't see the codiing,we have to guess and figure things out with trial and error.mod "X" adds this,does it  have the codelines  for A,B,and C or just D? the only way to find out is put the mods together and play the map.

i did open a few different starts and the pine mod trees work on all settings.   since this affects the RK too much,i will pull the pine mod back out.

phase 5 finished