News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

HOW TO ORGANIZE MOD ORDER

Started by brads3, June 14, 2017, 10:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purringcat

I don't seem to have nearly enough mods at only 51.   My poor PC is creaking under that load and if I added many more, I might as well let the game load while eating dinner and hope it's finished before my meal is. 

Am also wondering where in the sorting order, you all are placing BlackLiquid's mods:   MegaMod; MegaModDecoPack;  ColonialCharterJ and Compatibility107.   Normally, mods have a logical loading order depending on which building I want to use.    I wouldn't go to all this trouble but I'm finding a number of trading post boats selling blank label items.     ???

brads3

the compatability 107 goes above CC.this is probably causing the blank tag issues.the older compatibility buildings mod does go below CC.i confuse that 1 a lot.logic says it goes above since it affects the CC.this 1 is backwards.if you have troubles with ropes and the tobacco dryeror curing barn,i would add this mod.
i do not use the MM.CC has good input under each add-on mod where they go individualy.you are right about logic and changing order dependiong on personal style.i can move the bakery plus up or down to change which bakeries that affects.as to the comp loading slow,you can try turning off programs that you don't use.i do this when i 1st get the comp home.before i even try to set it up and add anything,i go down through what is installed and uninstall what i won't use. after that it will depend on how much RAM you have to start with.

purringcat

I have the compatibility107 well above CC mods that are just above the non-conflicted mods.   That  you don't use the CC MegaMod explains why you have so many individual mods.   ;D
My six year old pc has 16gb of ram but it takes forever to load those mods.   I'll shift the mods around to see if that improves the blank label issue.    Thanks for your loading explanation.

brads3

run the debug on it. click the star icon to make all items visible. go through a townhall inventory list to see if you can figure out what items are blank tagging or double tagged.without knowing that,i would check some of the posts at CC on the MM. when it 1st came out i chose not to do it for a reason. i felt cramming all those mods together would cause issues.it has been a while and many have been solved i think.you do have less control of them. say you want to affect 1 different than others,you then have to load the individual mod.i can shuffle the list to change some things.did you try loading RED's trading post fix? that might help also. you loading is slower than mine but i am running at 6gm with a 1 TB harddive.this is not factory . i bought it from a dude who builds them.window 7 even.

embx61

When you load a save Alt Tabbing out of Banished seem to speed up the loading.

Set in Video options the full screen to window seems to do the same and after the game is loaded set it back to full screen.

I think Luke should take a look at the loading part in his code as IMHO a full screen or window screen, Alt Tabbing out of the game should not have impact on the loading process.
All we see when the game is loading is a screen shot and I cannot see why Alt Tabbing Out of that screen shot makes the game load faster then not Alt tabbing out.
It does not make sense.

The mega Mod is nice but I don't think it is updated for a while.
Many mods are updated since the last update by kralyerg and those updates are not in the current MegaMod.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

that option doesn't work for me. plus i get scared,if i touch my comp while loading it will go fatal error and drop me.i don't run full screen.my autosaves are off. i think that slows players down and causes frreze ups.my graphics i usually set to medium as far as showdows and what not. and i am not using the Vsync.ohh i am not under stream. that could slow it down a ton.

embx61

I can understand it can take a bit to load 1.4 gig into memory.

But what I don't understand is why Alt Tabbing out of the screenshot or set the screen to window can have impact on the loading process what happens behind the scenes.

if the game loads faster when Alt Tabbing out it should load as fast while just looking at that screen shot.

Maybe there is some code attached to that screen shot what makes it to slow down the loading. If so then it is just bad programming as UI elements should never be tied to a loading process what works behind the scene.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

maybe it has something to do with windows optimized for front tasks or multi tasks behind the screen :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

STEP 5 is no longer needed. all mods can be added and mod order adjusted without loading the game.this is a huge time saver. the mod manager tool will read the mods in the WinData folder and et you drag them around to organize the mod order. it does give an option to save the profile<mod order> from game to game and can write that info to the registry.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2602.msg57639#msg57639

g_BonE77

Hi @brads3 and thanks for this comprehensive writeup. By using @Abandoned 's and this guide i was able to rearrange and "debug" my mod list. Sweet!

As usual there is always a question:
Quotethe 1.07 is here:http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/category/11-kralyergs-kave-of-krazy-kontraptions/
there are many other mods there as well.
...does not seem to be available anymore. Care to share on a google link?

Thanks for the help and keep it up!
~ Fenster fährt mich Nüsse ~

brads3

https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/?_fromLogin=1

not all of their mods have been added yet.as people ask for the,they say they can update the site.

CookieBarrel

@brads3
Even though MaritimesPineSet is a large mod adding many chains it also doesn't have any start conditions, making this mod very conducive to add to other large mods such as RkEC or DSIndustrealMinning.
However If I load RKEC or others above MaritimesPineSet the game crashes after chopping a tree down.
   Assumption: it's a known issue
   Questions:are there any solutions

brads3

yes,the pine mod is tricky and been ongoing study. Tuggistar took what i was woring with and changed it more.

you need the Crystal Cliff's mod as a patch.this bridges the pine mod and RKEC together. using both these together above the RKEC works with vanilla starts. if you ran RED's special starts,you have to disable the pine. you can try to move the pine mod below the RKEC, test to be sure this works.   

if you use the flora patch with the pine and Crystal Cliff's, place the Crystal cliff mod between the flora and pine. with all 3 above the RKEC, everything should work and all starts as well. TUGGISTAR came up with this new change.

new flora patch< this adds the items including trapping to maps>
crystal cliffs <this patches the mods>
pine mod
RKEC or DS IND etc

note: not all food will be collected with the clear food tool, there are 2 of these now, run both over an area will give different foods. the laborers are educated via the pine and can collect eggs and clear traps.

CookieBarrel

I have some good news for you then!
Try This:

RKECtownhall (precautionary)
*OneMoreResource
Flax Patch
New Pine Flora
NewFloraEdit
Maritimes Trees
RKEditorChoiceEdition
Maritimes Crystal Cliffs_V102 (as per TUGGISTAR)
Maritimes Pine Set_V105

*OneMoreResource is used to tune down the amount of logs gifted by Maritimes Trees.

I've been testing this for sometime.with the exeption of Maritimes Crystal Cliffs at that position. Not sure if it's necessary to be in that slot, however better to play it safe. Good job TUGGISTAR!
I've played with out the RKECtownhall patch with success, but why take risks.

Maritimes Trees is the key.