News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Hard Mod Help

Started by jrpjim, February 15, 2019, 08:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

that could be a neat trick.i micro manage the opposite way. the tailor,BS,and wood chopper help as laborers when they are out of materials or hit their limits.

Nilla

I can´t contribute to your efforts but wish you luck and very much want to test your mod. I like surviving games. If you find Banished easy, have you tried a Nordic Ironman game. Makes a lot of fun.

jrpjim

Quote from: Nilla on February 16, 2019, 04:28:01 AM
I can't contribute to your efforts but wish you luck and very much want to test your mod. I like surviving games. If you find Banished easy, have you tried a Nordic Ironman game. Makes a lot of fun.

Yes Ironman was fun but it suffers from first year problems for me mainly in the real world I can be a hunter, Gatherer or fisher without having to spend time or resources to build a outpost type building. My mod allows 1 wood 1 time build but very limited radius on first gen buildings.

jrpjim

Quote from: brads3 on February 15, 2019, 10:22:08 PM
that could be a neat trick.i micro manage the opposite way. the tailor,BS,and wood chopper help as laborers when they are out of materials or hit their limits.

I also use your Micro Manage method but that is later in the game as its a great way to make sure there is always at least one coat and one tool per 3 bennies when you get to larger populations.
In the first couple of years on Adam & Eve only way this works is to set the limit so low for tailor and toolmaker that it causes idling problems with every one freezing or starving due to waisted time.

jrpjim

Thanks to generous contributions from Kid my requirements and the overall needs have changed to mostly needing ideas still a little art.