News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

because if you check all the buildings in game, and even all the vanilla buildings... they arent made from logs... they are made from lumbers !!!
so i would love to implement lumbers as a very important part of the game and add an extra layer to the game mechanic :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

galensgranny

Quote from: RedKetchup on December 30, 2017, 12:42:42 PM

i still have to make 2 that was done in that mod... a forest barn that can hold everything found in a forest (wood included) and the very important for this mod, the lumber mill
about the lumber mill and lumber material.... i was wondering since 2 weeks if .... i switch all the building requiring lumbers instead of log ?? it would add a big difficulty to the game 
:D

what do you think about that mechanic ?

i of course would need to make a very little and very very slow 'temporary" building that would turn logs into lumber (kinda a sawpit), very slowly, to allow maybe to have enough lumbers to maybe make an house... or more important , to make the "real" lumbermill which would require lumbers and stones to be build

I don't like the idea of all buildings needing lumber- certainly not all houses.  In real life, at first the people would just use logs to make log cabins and a storage barn.  Then after they got shelter and some food, they would start to cut logs into lumber.  But another thought could be that in the medium and easy starts of the game, the Bannies brought with them some lumber to make a few buildings. 

Maybe you might make some log cabins then for the start, if you want all your other buildings to need lumber that the Bannies have to mill.  Nice log cabins that people would still want to live in even after lumber is available.  I like the look of log cabins. 

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on December 30, 2017, 03:05:37 PM
I don't like the idea of all buildings needing lumber- certainly not all houses.  In real life, at first the people would just use logs to make log cabins and a storage barn.  Then after they got shelter and some food, they would start to cut logs into lumber.  But another thought could be that in the medium and easy starts of the game, the Bannies brought with them some lumber to make a few buildings. 

Maybe you might make some log cabins then for the start, if you want all your other buildings to need lumber that the Bannies have to mill.  Nice log cabins that people would still want to live in even after lumber is available.  I like the look of log cabins.

i know ><

i am trying to find a way to implement the lumber because there is a lumbermill with Forester Center and if you dont have CC , this is useless.
if you imagine someone playing with only this brand new mod... they will have a useless lumbermill.

so i am trying to figure out with people what we should do.

brads3

does the forest barn  store stone,textiles,and thatch? did you keep the hunter cabin with residence added? that is a smart mod and quite handy. going forward when you get to the colorful house modulars,can you add a ghost covering addition like you have for the food pantry and storage shed? they might be handy to use with KID's workplace mod  parts. have you thought of adding a cellar storage option like CC has? 1x1 tile cellar that can be added to most any building. the cellars give a storage option for each of the different flags.

RedKetchup

forest barn:   RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Edible | Tool | Health | Fuel | Wood | Textile | Grain | Vegetable | Fruit | Protein;

the forest center barn was designed to get everything produced by the forest center districts (a melting pots between cellar and stockpile)

galensgranny

Quote[size=0px]i am trying to find a way to implement the lumber because there is a lumbermill with Forester Center and if you dont have CC , this is useless.[/size][size=0px]if you imagine someone playing with only this brand new mod... they will have a useless lumbermill.so i am trying to figure out with people what we should do.[/size]

I like that there are some buildings that need lumber, just not all basic houses, barns and buildings needed to hunt and gather.   Certainly your lumbermill needs to have buildings that need lumber, so maybe make some log buildings for starting out and then the rest needing lumber.  It's not fun for me to play if I can't get some houses built at the start.

RedKetchup

like i said in the other thread : http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2169.0

i will use lumber only in advance buildings

meanwhile, i am back to integrate 3D meshes....

Lumbermill done :)

Hawk

I like that wind powered lumber mill.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

HappyBubu

That Lumber Mill is gorgeous.
You can integrate lumber in any type of building... I love it much more than logs, gives that refined touch... For example the stone houses could look less heavy with some lumber strategically used in a few parts. Don't get me wrong, I love the stone houses as they are, but lumber (and maybe bricks as base for example) would make for very graceful houses.
If I wasn't useless in this kind of things I'd love to mix and match lumber and bricks/stones every time I could. Windowsills, , steps, great bridges and tunnels, or used as floor in large footprint buildings like markets.

Also those rooftiles (ie. Lumber Mill) are my most favourite (here and IRL), there's no need for them to be only of a light shade, they are usually made darker, black, painted... Maybe that can be done in game aswell. 
But what do I know  :D   I'm not even sure these are doable things!

kid1293

I woke up and found a nice windpowered sawmill.
Just as I started on one of my own. :)
It is nice with variation!

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on December 31, 2017, 10:54:30 PM
I woke up and found a nice windpowered sawmill.
Just as I started on one of my own. :)
It is nice with variation!

cant wait to see it, @kid1293  :)

meanwhile today i am continuing RK EditorChoice :)

today and yesterday , and day before, i was integrating Forest Center and GardenWalls:Utility...

i did the woodcutter, the forester, the gatherer, the herbalist, the hunter, and yesterday the lumbermill and the forest barn... from Forest Center
and yesterday i did the final touch on greenhouse, the stables, and the water well. today i already done the fodder farmers and the florist...
only left to do the fodder barn and the parfumery which should be done for that today.

and after i ll finish the nmt3.0 orchards and will integrate it in RK Edition :)

RedKetchup

Fodder Barn done, i had to switch it to Custom 5 instead of Custom 7 Misc since the NatDiv Thatch is custom 5 :)

montaiy

Looove the new greenhouse when do you think you will go live with your new stuff?

RedKetchup

Quote from: montaiy on January 01, 2018, 02:53:22 PM
Looove the new greenhouse when do you think you will go live with your new stuff?

i am not sure how long

i think i will offer a build when it will be fully operational and i will update it with more stuff.
there is alot of NMT 3.0 stuff to do and some parts will come as an update like ... corner multi-lvl housing... many profession buildings which should fit under the multi-lvl as floor 1 ... decorations... etc.

------------

garden walls utility has fully been integrated :) just finished the last 2 buildings : Florist and Parfumery :)

Maldrick

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 01, 2018, 03:58:36 PM
... corner multi-lvl housing... many profession buildings which should fit under the multi-lvl as floor 1 ...

And there was much rejoicing!!  :D
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze