News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

i did say i didn't think there was a easy solution.someone said we wanted to copy CC. that isn't really the case. some of what CC has done is helpful. some is just wrong or incomplete. i am glad to heat other players opinions too. more heads should give more and different ideas.
    a general barn or market that stores everything doesn't work.you end up with something you do need not being stored. the vendor is overly busy trying to locate items you either don't have or are far away and not needed to be moved.a production wharehouse that stores minerals,construction,and crafter items,etc that would supply a production area and 1 for a mine area would help.then in the city center place a market square that stores the needed items to supply the bannies. to supply a wood cutter,BS,and tailors specific carts could be used.a log cart,textile,and a mineral,stone,etc. same thing going to the production area. you would need a food cart,firewood,tools,and clothing cart. no system is foolproof or without its own issues. this way would need more vendors.

i like options. what works in a city might look wrong in a rustic smaller town.what works in a production area might not work in a forest or farm area.and there is 2 parts. storage and markets.a large market or barn fits here but a smaller 1 over there.or different styles.
      the item specific piles are handy at times.there are some mods to cover them. if RED wants to make more of these or his own style,that would be good. if he would rather spend that time designing something else,we have mods already. that being said,1 thing that would help is not just a roof-over cover but something we can add ghosted walls to and enclose.we could build our own barns with such an option. being ghosted would give the option to place them around a small modded market and enclose it. say you had KID's marlet puzzle and wanted to make it into a larger looking market to fit somewhere.this could be expaned on even. if you had a 4x4 pile for food and this option,you could make your own barn or market.or 1 square is the market and the others are storage. just an idea.

grammycat

I didn't mean copy CC-I was just stating that those options already existed in CC and some do not work well.  Maybe this would be where adding another creator's mod like Kid's storage carts would work?  Is it possible to do ghosted storage like you described?  If so, that could provide the answer to everyone's wants.

ancientmuse

Necora's Maritimes Pine Set has an enclosed building that stores construction materials.

It stores everything the stockpiles store, but it's a building instead of all your construction materials being out in the open.

I use it all the time, I'm not a big fan of the wide-open stockpiles... I find them to be a bit of an eye-sore (piles of stuff everywhere), so I use that storage building all over the place instead of the standard stockpiles.

elemental

Quote from: grammycat on February 09, 2018, 10:49:39 AM
Is it possible to do ghosted storage like you described?

Not sure what you mean exactly, but Red made some ghosted firewood storage and Kid has made some ghosted storage boxes (they are in my pics above) So yes, ghosted storage is possible. Some would consider it very cheaty though. Ghosted roofs and walls and entire ghosted barns structures (with or without a storage component) would be possible too.

elemental

Quote from: wiscoke on February 08, 2018, 07:12:40 AM
if I can make a suggestion about the barns. storage places for only food, only materials, only firewood,... this way you can have control on what is stored and where. the materials and firewood should not be in a closed barn, but next to a closed barn and with only a roof above it. like some sort of extension of the barn wich you can place seperatly. it also makes sense to put the firewood, stone,.... outside under a roof.

I didn't see this until now. I like the idea of having matching barns and ghosted extension roofs. Good thinking, @wiscoke.

RedKetchup

Maybe the next BETA build will be delayed of a couple of days....  just a fair warning :)

i am trying to do something about your wishes and feedbacks.....

i promising you something very very cool , never done so far about that, about a such thing :)
about your covered stockpiles :) everyone will LOVE it :)

:P

;D ;D ;D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

yesterday i spent like 2-3 hrs to try this thing.... and wasnt successful
so i did stop and let my dark side of the brain with it ^^

and today, i took a different approach and this is successful :)
i can let down that thing on the ground without a crash.

now it is just a matter to make my models working and do the thousand little details :)
i dont want to show pictures for the moment till the models arent 100% perfect :D

brads3

great work takes time,RED. you can have all the time you want.we don't want you bruned out. :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 09, 2018, 08:16:40 PM
great work takes time,RED. you can have all the time you want.we don't want you bruned out. :)

no thats ok :) in fact, thats something new and totally exciting and very challenging ^^

RedKetchup

:( i am facing another stupid bug from Luke :(

Nilla

We´re waiting in patiance, so take your time.......

Your completely new things are generally worth waiting for; multi stores houses, fodder meadows.... you name i.

RedKetchup

Here i tried to do.

The thing i wanted to use, absolutely, is the " click and drag and size as you want " feature from the stockpile / or / pasture.

The click and drag from the stockpile named " CreateDragDescription createdrag " function doesnt allow a model to be integrated and displayed. No matter i tried hard yesterday, it doesnt show your model at all, or at least, the 2-3 way i tried to make it work. the only thing you see is the stockpile footprint on the gound.

So today i ve tried another method: the pasture one. The pasture use a click and drag named " CreateFencedDescription createfenced ". It allows a building + fences (straight, long straight, corner, gate and end) which is also exactly the same function as the cemetary.

While i chose a small barn as building, i made 1x1 tiles cover that would fit perfectly all around. My goal was to "overlap" the graphic of the straight piece and long straight piece enough to cover the center of the stockpile; hiding everything.  ;D

Everything was going very very well :) till i hit a bug from the developper. another poor decision.
when it draw the south side, everything goes well and i overlap the center of +1 tile or more. Then there is a corner of 1x1 tile, thats ok too. The next pieces turn 90 degres and on the left side, the pieces are named "End" piece, there ok too , they are 1x1 tiles, turned 90. and then you have another corner.

there is the bug, or the poor management, it should turn another 90 degres so the piece front face stay outside and the interior face stay inside....
But no, here the bug : they reset and comeback as it is at south :( the exterior become an interior face, and what should be inside , and overlapped, since not turn 180 degres, goes wrongly to the outside :(
and there is no way i can ask to choose another piece (mirrored) nor ask it to turn it 180 as it should do :( ( see screenshot 1 ).

So unless Luke fix that error which is a poorly made error : all exterior fence sides should be all exterior, and all inside faces should inside.

That way i could faufill many wishes :
1. have the stockpile covered : granted
2. have a barn design : granted (partially cause no3...)
3. have a design of cover which "attach" to the barn and cover the tiles side of it : granted
4. still have the click and drag and resize function so you can decide how long to want it to be : granted

for the moment it cannot be done :(

The only thing maybe i can do is an addon of a ghosted 1x1 tile cover to "fix the graphic in middle of the stockpile" and i let all the fence pieces 1x1 tiles (straight, long straight, gate....) so it does all around the stockpile wonderfully and have players to "finish" the middle as they want.

Note also: even if the player dont cover the middle, it still looking awesome !!!
the only thing, they have a minimum size so the barn can be drawn. And you sill can use the ghosted 1x1 cover if you prefer a 1x30 long belt of stockpile. ( see screenshot 2 and 3 ).

carolinafan95

I really like this look Red. I'm thinking it would look really nice with the log and firewood stockpiles.  ;D

brads3

i am curious. can a market be set up to stretch and place like the piles? then we can ghost decorate with roofs and walls so it looks like a barn or shop.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 10, 2018, 11:41:09 AM
i am curious. can a market be set up to stretch and place like the piles? then we can ghost decorate with roofs and walls so it looks like a barn or shop.

the thing though with more ghosted walls and roof around your stockpile... it will be very bad for you. each time you will want to know what your stockpile contains, you will click 1000 times and you will only target the ghosted walls/roof. you wont being able to target your stockpile anymore.