News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Modular town template

Started by eisenkrote, February 07, 2019, 10:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eisenkrote

Hey all!
I've been playing through Banished and trying to slowly build out a city. My ultimate goal is to create a self-sustaining template (centered around the Market, of course) that could be repeated and will generate enough food to support the housing, contain basic buildings (such as blacksmith, tailor, etc). That way I can build out the town modularly, and slowly grow to fill in an open field. Has anyone played around with this?

Tonje

Hi eisenkrote,

Personally, I find it hard to have a template since no maps are the same. But after reading your post I started to think back to how I usually place buildings... and I must admit that I often place certain buildings in the same place over and over. Like the Blacksmith on either the right or left side of the marked... or in the back...

Also, I never manage to get everyone educated so I usually place smaller crop fields and orchards. I still try to figure out how to get food faster.

smurphys7

I can make you tons of different templates that all work.

I generally would not recommend trying to make a singular template because terrain is often so varied.  How much flat open ground is there?  How much water is there?  Do you want to use Farming or Gathering?  Do you want to use Fishing Docks?  Do you want to use trading?  Mines and Quarries are finite, inefficient, big, kill citizens, non-removable and most importantly ugly.  Do you plan on using them?

You need to consider all of these things if you are making a singular modular system.

Personally, I would recommend simplifying it.  Always place a home and storage next to any production job.  Only place a home with job.  Don't build useless homes just for the sake of building homes. 

Doing that method, I can easily build towns of any size and type I want at any speed I want.

Admin

Quote from: smurphys7 on February 07, 2019, 09:49:27 PM
...  Don't build useless homes just for the sake of building homes.  ...

So, you don't recommend building your town like this?  LOL

RedKetchup

the layout is superb !

did you need all those houses ? they all occupied with a legitimated couple ? lol thats the question ^^

:)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Admin

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 01, 2019, 09:42:11 AM
the layout is superb !

did you need all those houses ? they all occupied with a legitimated couple ? lol thats the question ^^

Red!  This is from our Market Radius challenge back when the forum was new and there were NO mods!

RedKetchup

Quote from: The Big Chihuahua on March 01, 2019, 09:51:59 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on March 01, 2019, 09:42:11 AM
the layout is superb !

Red!  This is from our Market Radius challenge back when the forum was new and there were NO mods!

it was a fun challenge, i remember :)

Admin

Fall of Year 57 and I had 483 people in that radius.  The winning submission was 922 people! :O

RedKetchup

Quote from: The Big Chihuahua on March 01, 2019, 10:02:26 AM
Fall of Year 57 and I had 483 people in that radius.  The winning submission was 922 people! :O

hehe yeah i didnt won it neither ^^