News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Jetty & Bridge v2.1 (updated 20 April 2018)

Started by Discrepancy, February 16, 2017, 07:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

;) high chance of fire possibly.

Yes all pieces and buildings can be built on ground, except for the fishing, mollusc farmer, merchants, merchant office, driftwood collectors and water store.

brads3

Quote from: Nilla on April 05, 2018, 07:09:02 AM
Why would you like to take some out? I´m looking forward to try everything!

it is nothing against Ds or the mod itself. the houses are more European than colonial or rustic.just difference in style and tastes. DS has a lot of pieces that i do like the style of too. and he has some neat ideas. like the split market that he made for the small village way back.or the shoreline water wheel well. each modder has their own style but each also bring neat different ideas. if they were all in a room for a week, imagine the crazy ideas they could come up with together.
    i do like to see what they come up with and design even if i don't use the mods. always neat to see Abandoned do her small villages and highlight different mods. good way to see what is in them better.

adelegarland

WOW!!   Can't wait to work with it!  Amazing new goodies!  Thanks Discrepancy
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Abandoned

Quote from: Discrepancy on April 05, 2018, 07:10:06 AM
;) high chance of fire possibly.

:D Funny you should mention that.  Just posted Springfield chapter 14  :D Love that jetty water pump.

elemental

Thanks for the update. A great mod just got even better.  :)

Are the safety rails on the chapel deco pieces? It would be good to have them as deco pieces.

Discrepancy

Quote from: elemental on April 05, 2018, 02:34:18 PM
Are the safety rails on the chapel deco pieces? It would be good to have them as deco pieces.
No they are not deco pieces. The Chapel does not allow citizen travel over the whole footprint, the fencing allows players to see where the walkways are in the gaps of the fences. I do not plan to change this unless I see it as beneficial, or another way to outline the walkway paths, though I might release ghosted deco fencing for the rest of the jetty at a later stage.

Quote from: brads3 on April 05, 2018, 07:23:33 AM
Quote from: Nilla on April 05, 2018, 07:09:02 AM
Why would you like to take some out? I´m looking forward to try everything!
it is nothing against Ds or the mod itself. the houses are more European than colonial or rustic.just difference in style and tastes.
I am aware that you don't find my building styles to your taste of imperialistic colonialism ;) but you do realise you can still use the mod and just not build the buildings you don't want to use? there is no point in splitting apart the jetties as they now have requirement of the rest of the buildings.

This in itself might end up being a turn-off to some players as the jetty pieces are not cheap to build anymore, on the contrary they are expensive compared to everything else in the game, and rightly so, it isn't easy to build out onto water.

brads3

i didn't mean that as a request. was ment as a compliment.many mods have pieces i ,or we players, wish we had.sometimes we must pick and choose due to computer memory limits.being able to add different stuff was 1 reason for me overhauling my mods . changing from CC to RK and adding some CC modulars has gave room and gained speed.
     i did load your iron ore mine recently and still have the original small village with the docks.  i like the split town market. the industrial side is handy with production buildings.

elemental

Quote from: Discrepancy on April 05, 2018, 05:46:21 PM
I might release ghosted deco fencing for the rest of the jetty at a later stage.

That would be a good addition to the set. Would be useful on land, too. The jetty poles would also make a good ghost decoration. I know you already have some poles but they aren't the same as the ones used on your jetty pieces.

taniu

@ Discrepancy :)Thank you for updating the mod - it's fantastic - I do not know what 3 or 4 position means - wood, stone, iron, glass - and what else? when building a new building - I do not know what material you have added to the construction of the house :D Cheers !

elemental

For anyone who is interested, I managed to update to the new version in my current game by first deleting everything that I had build using the previous version of this mod. So it can be save game compatible if you are careful, but do it at your own risk. The new buildings look great in game.  :)

Discrepancy

Quote from: taniu on April 07, 2018, 04:03:53 AM
@ Discrepancy :)Thank you for updating the mod - it's fantastic - I do not know what 3 or 4 position means - wood, stone, iron, glass - and what else? when building a new building - I do not know what material you have added to the construction of the house :D Cheers !

Other construction materials used are:

Lumber - made at the  Jetty Construction: Lumber Yard (**needed for all jetty pieces)
Iron Fittings - made at the Jetty Construction: Forge or at the Jetty Workshop (**needed for all jetty pieces)
Leather - (**needed for the jetty tailor & hospital)
Fishing Gear - made at the Jetty Workshop (**needed for all jetty fishing pieces & mollusc farm)
Wagon Parts - made at the Jetty Workshop (**needed for jetty markets, merchants and office & drawbridges)
Eggs - (**needed for jetty chicken coop)
Mushrooms - (**needed for the jetty mushroom farm)
Firewood - (**needed for the 2x2 fuel storage)

i think that is all, apart from the Logs, Iron, Stone and Glass (needed for more comfortable housing options).

Goblin Girl

Wow!  I can't wait to use all these beautiful new buildings!  Thanks for all your hard work.

oldgraywolf

These are really nice DS. I've enjoyed your pieces before but I really like what you've done/added.
Thanks for a great set of mods and all your hard work. I look forward to your additions to the North as well.  :D
I never lose. I either win or I learn.

elemental

Quote from: Discrepancy on April 07, 2018, 11:35:58 PM

Lumber - made at the  Jetty Construction: Lumber Yard (**needed for all jetty pieces)
Iron Fittings - made at the Jetty Construction: Forge or at the Jetty Workshop (**needed for all jetty pieces)
Leather - (**needed for the jetty tailor & hospital)
Fishing Gear - made at the Jetty Workshop (**needed for all jetty fishing pieces & mollusc farm)
Wagon Parts - made at the Jetty Workshop (**needed for jetty markets, merchants and office & drawbridges)
Eggs - (**needed for jetty chicken coop)
Mushrooms - (**needed for the jetty mushroom farm)
Firewood - (**needed for the 2x2 fuel storage)

I noticed the wagon parts when I build a jetty market last night. I wasn't sure if it was a mistake. So I guess it's used to make some sort of stock lift or something?

I like that eggs and mushrooms are needed to make the chicken coop/mushroom farm. Good idea. Not sure why you need firewood to make a firewood storage place though. Linen/cloth would have been a good one for the hospital, except that they are made in your small village set and I'm guessing you didn't want this set to rely on other sets. I like how you have incorporated lumber, iron fittings etc into the jetty pieces and buildings. I totally agree that it should be a little harder to build over water than over land. Something you might like to think about is rope.

I also noticed that the glass maker needs to be on the shore. It can't be completely over water or land. Not sure why you've done it like that.

Overall it's an impressive update. Thanks.  :)

Discrepancy

Quote from: elemental on April 08, 2018, 04:03:26 PM
I noticed the wagon parts when I build a jetty market last night. I wasn't sure if it was a mistake. So I guess it's used to make some sort of stock lift or something?

I like that eggs and mushrooms are needed to make the chicken coop/mushroom farm. Good idea. Not sure why you need firewood to make a firewood storage place though. Linen/cloth would have been a good one for the hospital, except that they are made in your small village set and I'm guessing you didn't want this set to rely on other sets. I like how you have incorporated lumber, iron fittings etc into the jetty pieces and buildings. I totally agree that it should be a little harder to build over water than over land. Something you might like to think about is rope.

I also noticed that the glass maker needs to be on the shore. It can't be completely over water or land. Not sure why you've done it like that.

Overall it's an impressive update. Thanks.  :)

The Wagon Parts for the Markets and Merchants is very much inspired/copied from The North. Tom Sawyer has a construction cost of Barrows which I think is to add a cost for the wheelbarrows that the vendors use which allow them to carry more. I really like this addition, and instead of adding in another resource that I don't normally use in my mods(barrows), I decided to use the Wagon Parts as they are really making a wagon to cart the things around in anyway. They are also used for constructing drawbridges to add an advanced cost to create the pulleys needed.

I included the firewood for the 2x2 storage only because they needed a higher cost, I like to have it match up visibly, as the storage is built with a visible pile of firewood in top, I included the cost in construction. On the same token, the 2x2 Log pile also has a higher cost of Logs for the same reason.

I thought of rope, but I'm not sure how to include it or where to get the resources to produce it from. But I will add this to my suggestion document along with the linen.

The Glass-maker is made to be a shore building because I wanted to make the Jetty Construction Yard buildings the connection point of the jetty to the land. With the Lumber Yard and Forge completely land-based I thought it important to include a building that bordered both land and water.

I still have many more thoughts on the Jetty set so I will no doubt change a few things over time, the glass maker might be one. I did actually want to add a third texture variant for this version but decided not to at last minute.