News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Need help Updating to 107

Started by Abandoned, June 28, 2017, 12:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

some of the old mods were known to get stuck in the registry. you had to go in and delete the reg to get rid of them completely.when i upgraded i did clear mine,it removes everything from banished and resets the game and settings.basically you start over like you just installed the game.it isn't critical if none of the mods are stuck,but at the same time it doesn't damage or mess up any other parts of your computer.
   whatever mods you place in each winData will load as a set.what is a different winData folder won't load over into the 1 you are working from.so if you want a mod loaded in 3 versions,you will have to copy it 3 times and enable it 3 times.not really an issue. in my case where the order can be critical,i would want to check the mod list when i change versions to be sure the registry didn't alter the order from 1 to the other. i have seen this computer shuffle the order when it fatal error and kicked me out of the game.hasn't done that in a long time.sucks when you are playing and have them game up on years and then realize the order is wrong and something won't work right.on a crash you might want to  double check the order.

Abandoned

@brads3  What I did was disable all mods on my GOG Banished which is 106.  Then I made a folder named Banished and copied 106 games to it 3 times, renaming each in turn, Banished 107 beta, Banished The North 106, and Banished CC Journey.  Each has all the 106 mods in Windata.  My original GOG Banished I will not touch, that is backup.  Banished 107 is updated game and updated mods, almost done reordering and whittling, then will start a new notebook with notes.  The North will be next and will only need whittling of unneeded and non recommended 106 mods, etc.  When I get to CC I think it maybe easier to just make a new empty Windata folder with patch files and put CC and the few mods I could use with it in there.  I'll have a few questions for you when I get that far.  :)

Abandoned

More questions for @Hawk , @brads3 . or anyone who knows :

If I would want to remove one of these extra installations, do I simple delete the whole folder or use the uninstall in the game folder. I'm thinking that might uninstall all of them.   :o

I have a mod with no icon in the mod list, it is just a black square.  I am wondering if it is the mod or a problem with my list.  The mod is Maritime Trees by Necora.

Also wondering if the Maritime Storage Mod is a collection of the storage units that are in the other Maritime Mods or if it is storage units to use with the other Maritime mods.

Lastly, I am wondering if Jamie Ramsey's Specialized Trading Post Mod should be used with 107 or if it will cause problems because of the new flags.

Oh my gosh, I have 282 mods not counting CC or The North  ::)

brads3

delete file do not uninstall game.less you wanta go bye bye far? trees has no icon since it lays trees to the start map.no buildings or nothing is included. this mod is not the pine mod. that mod changes the vanilla tree textures.the specialized trade post i'm not familiar with. what does it do different than kids or the vanilla? 282??? counting each or triple each?lol i'd use the storage mod. can't off the top of my head tell you what all is in it.it might be the food cellar and the pine material shed. that shed i use a lot due to the new tags.i won;t swear to that being all that is in it though.

Abandoned

I don't want to uninstall the game.  I am wondering how to get rid of one of the copied versions of the game if I would want to.

I know what the Maritime Trees mod does, it replaces vanilla trees with maritime trees, I have used it.  In the mod list it has no picture with the listing just a black square.  @brads3 is that how yours looks in the mod list?

282 mods but a few are duplicates like tiny I have set and I have individuals to use separately in original toolbar location.  That is a lot of mods.

brads3

i don't use the tree mod i use the pine mod instead.the tree mod is the pine without the extra parts.did it short load?seems odd that it is blank.it is possable i guess if NECORA forgot to add a pic.i have seen some forgot and left the mod at version 0.lol
  no i didn't think you really wanted to uninstall after all this work.just delete the dead file if you want later.most mods work the same as that. once removed from the winData folder they have no influence.just like you disabled them.same too,if you upgrade a mod that is enabled,it will stay in the list where it was and work.just be aware that if you do that the saved games that used the old file will most likely not work and fatal error out.
is that 282 the ones you want to start with or a list of ones you plan to try?

Abandoned

@brads3 282 is the total mods in Windata folder, most of them I have used, all the 106 and some 107. Maybe a dozen or so of the new 107s to try.

Maybe someone else had Maritime trees and the storage mod installed and will know.

I guess I'm not making it clear about getting rid of one of these separate installs, not a mod, the whole copied game, say the separate game for CC.  Maybe @Hawk will know what I mean.

Thanks Brad  :)

brads3

yes you can delete a copy of the game without affecting the other copies. like you can delete the 106 and keep the 107 withoout issue.to check the tree mod,when you run it check the trees in winter. the tops of NECORA's pines show green in winter. you should see the maples and the bark differences of the other trees too.

brads3

i checked ,the icon for the trees is black. version 100. the storage mod is the food cellar and a medium barn.

ancientmuse

Quote from: Abandoned on July 02, 2017, 03:29:24 PM
@brads3

I guess I'm not making it clear about getting rid of one of these separate installs, not a mod, the whole copied game, say the separate game for CC.  Maybe @Hawk will know what I mean.

Thanks Brad  :)

Just delete the game folder.... don't uninstall the entire game from your system.

ie:  if you make a copy of the game folder, rename it to whatever, and then decide you don't want it, then just delete that entire folder. 

Do not uninstall the entire Banished game otherwise you'll be starting from scratch on everything !

You can add and take away as many game folder copies as you want, as often as you want.... but you must leave the general game install alone.  Unless of course you're a sadist and like having to add 200 new mods back into the game and then spending 6 hours trying to remember what order you had them in.   :P

Also with regards to CC Journey, if you're anything like me and do not like having to hunt through 6 gazillion toolbar menus, sub-menus, and sub-sub-menus to find something in particular... then I strongly suggest you do not add a whole bunch of mods to CC, just the ones you can't live without.  Otherwise, you'll be digging around in the toolbars trying to find what you want because CC has so many bloody things going on (buildings, chain productions, ghosted items, not-ghosted items, etc etc) it's not even funny.

I played a long game of CC Journey all by itself for several hours before deciding which mods I wanted to add into the game that I just couldn't live without.

But that's just me... you may feel otherwise once you start playing it.

Abandoned

Thanks @brads3 , I used Maritime Trees before but didn't notice the missing picture, more focused on descriptions when choosing mods for maps I guess.

@ancientmuse that's not just you, it's me too.    :)  I have tried CC journey several time with only a few of their own extra mods added and had trouble running that.  The game froze up constantly especially on any terrains with tree changes.  I thought either I had unneeded mods or not good enough video card. I did play quite awhile on a flat plains with only Build Monument, Domestic Animal Fix, Iron is Iron, and Town Arrival Nomads.  When the town got built up, the game lagged during rain and snow but it did not crash.  I agree, I think there is more than enough in there without added mods or more icons.  I'm hoping for more separate modules from BL.    Need to do some retesting but if I can only use those few mods there really is no point in having a whole separate install just for that.  So thank you for confirming how to remove it.   Oh, to be on the safe side before updating and making new installs, I backed up my original 106 on a separate UBS drive. I also have spiral notebook with list of mod order and notes on each mod.  I had so few problems with mods or mods list for 106, I hope 107 game will be the same.  :)