News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New products suggestion

Started by Banana, November 28, 2018, 07:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theonlywanderer

Nonsense, Kid... your contributions to the mods are amazing and don't ever doubt that.  If people enjoy the simplicity, they can simply not install mods that change that.   I don't understand how anyone can complain about mods they are not obligated to install.   I simply don't get it... not one bit. 

Keep up the good work, Kid...   anyone says otherwise... I have to ask why are they in a mods forum?

kid1293

Quote from: theonlywanderer on December 02, 2018, 01:27:05 PM
I have to ask why are they in a mods forum?

To stir up some dust and check if we are alive :)

RedKetchup

you are doing extremly awesome mods @kid1293  !!!!!
you are very very valuable to the community here !

:-*
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

Quote from: kid1293 on December 02, 2018, 02:33:43 AM
The game has gone way over it's original intentions. For fun, for a one-time map, it can be nice to have variation but to have this excess all the time is not fun.

You're right. Modding has taken the game well beyond what it originally was. I think that's a good thing.  :)  It's totally a matter of opinion whether you prefer more or less content. I prefer more content and more realism but my preference isn't any more correct than yours or anyone else's. There are lots of ways to play this game, mostly thanks to modders like yourself.

QuoteI have made some not so good judgement and added to this spamming in my mods but I have always
been thinking about the simplicity of the game. Some find it shallow and want hundreds of mods to cover
for the shortcomings of the game. It is a challenge to 'invent' something new for the game.

This is really sad.  :(  You've made some great mods that have made hundreds if not thousands of people happy. You and every other modder should be proud of what you have added to the game. Players are very grateful.  :)

QuoteI don't think the game was meant as a mega-city builder.

I'd agree, but I know that some people do like building big cities. I like small villages but whatever floats your boat.  :)

I'm not trying to antagonise anyone here, just pointing out that Banished can be played as a sandbox village building game just as much as it can be (or once was) a survival game. There is no one correct way to play.

theonlywanderer

I think it's good to remember the top most indisputable fact....  mods are 100% optional.   Not a single mod has ever been forced in to anyone's vanilla game.   And another indisputable fact, not a single mod in the future. no matter how many are created, will ever be forced in to a vanilla game.

So...  create away great modders....  keep amazing us!

Banana

This is OP. I'm not saying fancy mods are pointless, I'm saying it would be better if you create fancy mods that require less micromanagement.

So instead of having a complicated chain such as: 1 person dig sand, 1 person dig coal, 1 person takes sand and coal and turn them into glass or glassware. U can have 1 person working near the river, and he take coal into his work site and digs sand by himself at his building, and turn them into "finished glass product". So the only input is coal, and output is "finished glass product". And the "finished glass product" can be used to make wine, or make building supply packages.

brads3

problem is then the worker having to do both jobs would go slower.also it woud restrict where you locate the glass maker.when CC came up with the building material,it was before the 1.07 and the expanded build requirements.before that you couild only have 3 materials to build a house or building. so it was a good workaround for the circumstance.

Banana

Quote from: brads3 on December 03, 2018, 06:34:57 PM
problem is then the worker having to do both jobs would go slower.also it woud restrict where you locate the glass maker.

Actually, the worker doesn't have to do both jobs (dig sand and mine coal). The worker can get coal from the market or stockpile and we assume he can create glass from it. The function would be "coal->glass", not "coal+sand->glass". Basically we are assuming the building is near the lake, and whenever he has coal, he is able to produce glass on the spot.

Having one person dig sand and another manufacture the sand into glass requires too much micro-management. I like the idea of having glass, but I want a more simplify chain production method.

Also to simplify things, instead of producing glass or glassware, the building can product a single "finished glass product", and u can use it to produce both wine or building supply packages. This way u don't have to switch back and forth between glass and glassware.

theonlywanderer

If you need both glass and glassware and don't care to micromanage, you just build two glassworks.   Set one to glass, the other to glassware.

Sand locations are beyond easy to find on any river or creek as well, not just lakes.

RedKetchup

we understand you @Banana ! no doubts.
but do we agree ? do i need to agree with this ? what if i prefer the opposite ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .