News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Citizens not collecting sand

Started by RobDyllan, October 16, 2018, 09:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobDyllan

Im having a problem getting my citizens to pick up the sand. I've upgraded two of my storage barns to storage warehouses. They picked up one bucket of sand immediately, then stopped once again. Any thoughts?

brads3

what mods are you using? did you try setting a general pile near the sand pit?

RobDyllan

I am using the Better Harvesting, Citizen Modification, Health and Safety training, More Iron, Stone, Wood, Better Schools, CC New Frontier, Flatten Terrain, HSS, 1 year per year aging, There is also a couple without a name, but the Icon for the first one is a Bell, the second is a X6 icon.

Yes, I put a storage warehouse right in between to Shore houses.

RedKetchup

maybe some of you very old mods have problems with the news flags.
put a vanilla stockpile in front to see how they will react
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RobDyllan

Oenanthe

Unless i'm using an old version, sand goes on a stockpile, the same as wood, stone, iron etc not in a barn, so if your stockpile is far away or full that could be the problem.

brads3

the CC NF is a 1.06 mod.if that mod will change the sand setting. i think it is flagged as coal. when using real old mods,mainly those without a name tag,you will run into some odd issues.some can be adjusted with mod order or the compatability CC mods.some issues will be a give and take. you, gain X but lose Y.

when playing with mixed mods you do need to balance storages. you don't want to remove or fill the start pile. you can move it. if it fills the workers won't have places to sore some materials and will stop clearing land.yes there are barns that will store logs and stone,etc. but if you forget just 1 item or flag,that will lead to the stop work issue. i still use SLINK's market set. the industrial barn is quite handy to store the old flagged items and keep them in 1 spot.since it doesn't store new flagged materials it is handy to supply areas like the CC fort or my precious workers.RED's old storageshed mod is also very universal. for a small shed it holds a lot of excess items.

the start pile or vanilla is a general pile that will store most any building material item.it should store clay and sand no matter what flag it is using.placing 1 near the sand pit gives the worker a place to drop the sand. other workeds will pick it up on occasion and move it elsewhere. that should keep the sand digger busy.

RobDyllan

I have an old version. 1.55. How do I get the newer version? I got my mods from Steam and only saw one mod for CC.

RedKetchup

make sure you steam game is at 1.0.7 build 170910
it is written when you launch the game at bottom of your screen

then for the mod : CC 1.76 : http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/file/158-journey-for-banished-107/

the file is a compressed file with winrar ( a .rar file) you will need a decompresser if you dont have one already and install it :
like 7.zip : https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

you uncompress your mod into your Banished\WinData folder start the game, enable mod, reload, quit the game(important)
then restart the game, you need to start a new map with this mod, and have fun :)

(make sure you dont enable your old version of CC, they arent made to work together and they anyways, have everything from old versions)

RobDyllan

Ok I was wrong. I got all of my Mods from the Banished website. The Colonial Charter I have is Version 1.55  I tried doing as you said RedKetchup.  I don't know if I am doing it wrong, but I can't figure it out. It said that I'm subscribed?

RedKetchup

i think you need an account on CC forum website to be able to download. if you already have an account, then just log in

RedKetchup

btw, on steam, i saw they have the 1.71 version : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=849019386&searchtext=

i just sent shockpuppet a PM on their website asking to maybe upgrade it to 1.76 ^^
(i know thats not my onions... but still would be nice^^)

RobDyllan

Which CC Forum Website? I am registered with a couple. But it seems that you guys are the only ones patient enough to actually help me. I clicked the link you supplied. once on that page. I only get the option to subscribe. I clicked that, then a notification pops up telling me that i have to restart the game to download it. So I tried that. It didn't help

RobDyllan

This is exactly what it says.   This item has been added to your Subscriptions. Some games will require you to relaunch them before the item will be downloaded.

RedKetchup

Quote from: RobDyllan on October 16, 2018, 05:00:03 PM
Which CC Forum Website? I am registered with a couple.

CC forum website : http://blackliquidsoftware.com/
their file on their forum is linked there : http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/file/158-journey-for-banished-107/

if you take that one, it is the latest 1.76. if you use that one, you need to cancel your mod CC Journey 1.71 and/or 1.55 subscription on steam, or steam will replace your 1.76 version by their 1.71 steam.

---------
now about your 2nd part of your comment:

Quote from: RobDyllan on October 16, 2018, 05:00:03 PM
I clicked the link you supplied. once on that page. I only get the option to subscribe. I clicked that, then a notification pops up telling me that i have to restart the game to download it. So I tried that. It didn't help

when you subscribe to a new mod on steam, you need to give time to your steam launcher to download it. it is a very big file and takes time.(it can takes 10-30 minutes) at bottom of your launcher you should see a 0/1 download completed and when it hits 1/1 it mean it is ok. now there, you can start your game.