News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Playing the 'Adam and Eve' Mod

Started by Paeng, August 28, 2014, 11:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

- quite a challenge...

You start with a Trader's Cart filled with very few items - some potatoes, a few tools and stuff (much less than in a 'normal' cart)... and just two people. So you make a first stock pile, then start getting logs and stones for a first house and worry about getting food. I started with the new BeeKeeper - which works well, as they don't need to run all over, but produce the honey right at the building... Next I built a woodcutter, a forester, then the hunter and the gatherer... In that time Eve gave birth to three children, for two of them I built a new house (once they became adults), and they have two kids on their own by now (yeah, that creates weak blood, but hey... need to survive!). So currently they are 4 adults and 3 kids -

You really need to be on your toes assigning professions and let them produce just enough to last for a bit, while re-assigning them again... good exercise!

Now Adam and Eve are getting old, and the next gen will be on their own soon... and without education, too - it will be a while before I can afford to have a teacher and kids in school instead of working...

Still hanging in there -

I expect 6 more babies from the youngest three couples, the line should hold... though the first old-age-deaths are imminent, so I already broke ground for a cemetery (up north)... re-forestation went well, by now I got my own forest and logs... the blacksmith was hard to get on time... food is no problem either, variety will have to wait... Hunter plus tailor, so everybody has leather coats by now...

One problem is still education - with so few kids it's really hard to send them to school... I fear it will still be a while longer before I have my first graduates...

Right now I'm planning to go south, then west - already built a second forester and cleared the grounds... I'll try to reach the river soon, for my first fishing spot... and then a trade post, north of the fishing spot (west of the village)...

But first I need to see how my old folks are doing, and how big a gap they'll leave...

Well, I think I pulled through - what a fight this has been...

Here is what the village looks like after 20(!) years - heck, normally I have 3 or 400 citizens by this time.
It's deceptive - but the market circle really covers the whole village, including the two barns...

Still small - less than 50 citizens, 14 kids, but of the 16 families about 12 are a fresh generation ready to get plenty children... right now only 3 couples beyond 50 (old-age-deaths so far: 5)... And I just enrolled a first batch of students in my brand-new school!

I got plenty food - aside from the 5.400 shown I stashed another 10.000 units of fish and venison in my trade port, to relieve my two barns... that should be enough to get some trading going...

Here you can see how much I had to struggle to get the population going...

Well, that's what I was able to do - just produce food, food, food. Okay, along the way I also built town hall, a TP, a market... and finally the school...

So from here on I guess it will be more or less 'normal' play...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

canis39

About to try this mod for the first time. Will report back!

canis39

Really like this starting option. You are right Paeng, it is all about micro-management. I tried starting with a hunter's cabin as my food source...did not work. Then I tried fishing hut...did not work because the river was too far away from the initial storage cart (I couldn't build a barn due to log shortage). Finally I tried RedKetchup's modified apiary...and that worked much better. Still had a little bit of a food crisis when I built my 2nd house, but it stabilized and I'm up to about 15 citizens now.

RedKetchup

the adam and eve story.... wasnt about an apple story ? :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

canis39

Yes, I didn't dare build an apple orchard because I was afraid what might happen!   ;D

Alycya

Quote from: canis39 on September 07, 2014, 09:43:12 PM
Yes, I didn't dare build an apple orchard because I was afraid what might happen!   ;D

;D ;D ;D

Might have to give this mod a go, sounds like a real challenge!

rkelly17

Be careful of the first two brothers: "Abel the herdsman was stabbed."

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

canis39

This mod is so much fun. It feels like true survival to me. Just two people, and you start with no seeds, no livestock, no building materials. It's like a survival show (Dual Survival or Naked & Afraid) come to life! :)

I love it. I got through the beginning phase after a few tries and now I'm up to around 75 citizens and going to try to keep it going. I am using a few other mods that made it a little easier: RedKetchup's modified apiary (my first few citizens survived on a diet of honey, honey and more honey!) and Alycya's bigger family mod (extra children in each house was really helpful!).

I highly recommend at least one playthrough using the Adam & Eve mod, it's such a different early-game experience.

Mr_Maison

Talk about keeping it in the family........