News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Specialized Trading Ports

Started by JamieIdle2.0, November 07, 2014, 08:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on November 08, 2014, 12:19:39 PM
Quote from: Nilla on November 08, 2014, 05:37:45 AMGenerally later in a game, I would prefere tradesmen arriving more seldom, bringing much.

Yeah, same here... and some really interesting thoughts in this thread - I'm still undecided which 'system' would agree best with my playing style  :o

However - I feel that you do need additional structures (models) for different trade ports, for varied sizes and layouts... I really hope you can convince one of our talented modelers to join up with you on this one...  :D

some of them can be a little occupied too presently ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

I began building a simply quay for expansion into a trading post but I ran into the problem of some missing information from the trading post FBX file.  The quay uses traders to stock material, but the boat zips (on x10) right past.  There must be some signal for where the boat is to stop, that I do not have in quay.FBX.  It is not build_xxx, use_xxx, or create_xxx.   :(

JamieIdle2.0

Quote from: slink on November 08, 2014, 02:14:21 PM
I began building a simply quay for expansion into a trading post but I ran into the problem of some missing information from the trading post FBX file.  The quay uses traders to stock material, but the boat zips (on x10) right past.  There must be some signal for where the boat is to stop, that I do not have in quay.FBX.  It is not build_xxx, use_xxx, or create_xxx.   :(

@slink do you use Facebook or some other way to chat more quickly? Facebook has a nice Banished Nation group as well. I would love to chat more with you if you are interested in creating the models ^.^

slink

Until we can properly anchor the boats for trading, speed of communication is irrelevant. 

Do you have any idea how that is done?

JamieIdle2.0

@slink in the animation section file BoatAnims.rcs would be my guess

{
         String _meshName = "Models\Buildings\TradingPost\BoatMesh.rsc"; String _sourceName = "Models\Buildings\TradingPost\TradingPost.fbx";
         String _name = "Dock";
         int _startFrame = 130;
         int _endFrame = 189;
         float _rate = 15.000000;
         bool _looping = true;
         int _loopPoint = 180;
         bool _instanced = false;
         int _maxInstances = 0;
      }

slink

Quote from: JamieIdle2.0 on November 08, 2014, 02:31:51 PM

{
         String _meshName = "Models\Buildings\TradingPost\BoatMesh.rsc"; String _sourceName = "Models\Buildings\TradingPost\TradingPost.fbx";
         String _name = "Dock";
         int _startFrame = 130;
         int _endFrame = 189;
         float _rate = 15.000000;
         bool _looping = true;
         int _loopPoint = 180;
         bool _instanced = false;
         int _maxInstances = 0;
      }

Which file references TradingPost.FBX, access to which we have not got.  Anyway, that just says that the animation named "dock" is defined as animation frames 130 - 189.  It does not say where the boat will perform that animation.

JamieIdle2.0

Quote from: slink on November 08, 2014, 02:52:19 PM
Quote from: JamieIdle2.0 on November 08, 2014, 02:31:51 PM

{
         String _name = "Dock";
         int _startFrame = 130;
         int _endFrame = 189;
         float _rate = 15.000000;
         bool _looping = true;
         int _loopPoint = 180;
         bool _instanced = false;
         int _maxInstances = 0;
      }

Which file references TradingPost.FBX, access to which we have not got.  Anyway, that just says that the animation named "dock" is defined as animation frames 130 - 189.  It does not say where the boat will perform that animation.

Am I missing something that section of the BoatAnims.rcs code I copied here says:

String _sourceName = "Models\Buildings\TradingPost\TradingPost.fbx"

Doesn't that reference the TradingPost.fbx like you need?

slink

Quote from: JamieIdle2.0 on November 08, 2014, 03:08:41 PM
Am I missing something that section of the BoatAnims.rcs code I copied here says:

String _sourceName = "Models\Buildings\TradingPost\TradingPost.fbx"

Doesn't that reference the TradingPost.fbx like you need?
I am not using TradingPost.fbx.  I am using Quay.fbx.  Quay.fbx does not have whatever TradingPost.fbx has that causes the trading boat to actually stop and trade.  Instead, it goes merrily by down the river.  If I use TradingPost.fbx, assuming I can because the method for doing that turned out not to be so straightforward after all, the trading posts will all look just like the original.  I'm not sure I can actually use TradingPost.fbx for anything other than the standard Trading Post, and I certainly can't edit it.

JamieIdle2.0

@slink I mean can't you copy that file and replace the Model with your own?

JamieIdle2.0

@Nilla based on your feedback and others here is the initial setup draft. The PDF file attached contains the detailed list. Please keep in mind this is designed to compliment not just the Vanilla game, but the Colonial Charter (CC) mod.

Merchants will want to buy anything they don't sell at full price. They will buy anything that they sell, but at a reduced price.

Seeds And Livestock
Crop Seed Merchant-Sells Crop Seeds
Orchard Seed Merchant-Sells Orchard Seeds
Livestock Merchant-Sells Livestock

Food And Consumables
Grains And Vegetables-Sells Grains and Vegetables. This has its own merchant to compliment Bakery mods And the Oil Press from CC
Fruits And Protein-Sells Fruits and Grains This is for all the Tavern owners and those that use the Creamery
Food Merchant-Sells anything Edible. All you can eat buffet on a boat!

Note: These food merchants all sell herbs as well.

Raw Materials Port
Raw Materials Merchant-Sells Iron, Wood, Stone, Coal, Logs, and Textiles.

Manufactured Goods Port
General Goods-Sells Alcohol, Clothing, Textiles, Tools, Firewood
Clothing and Textiles-Sells Clothing and Textiles
Food Merchant-Sells anything edible. This was thrown in since a lot of mods produce processed foods like Bread, Cheese, and so forth, but I can't separate those out. This merchant may not make it to final release.

slink

Quote from: JamieIdle2.0 on November 08, 2014, 03:29:52 PM
@slink I mean can't you copy that file and replace the Model with your own?
The mesh for the boat is inside the model file for the standard trading post, as is its animation.

JamieIdle2.0

Ok I am moving along into actually making the mod. A few issues.

1. How on earth do a create new toolbar icons. I tried looking at the ones in the modkit, but I can't figure out how to make that kind of transparent, but not image.
2.Why did Luke make Toolbars so complex?
3. Help building the Toolbar UI would be greatly appreciated @slink and @RedKetchup I have the basic idea and code, but it seems like it requires a lot of files to work properly.
4. Someone write a Toolbar and Nested Toolbar Tutorial! lol

JamieIdle2.0

I have have the alpha pre-release source files almost done. I still need to wrap my mind around the toolbar parts, but I did create the new toolbar icons.

slink

Quote from: JamieIdle2.0 on November 09, 2014, 12:33:09 AM
I have have the alpha pre-release source files almost done. I still need to wrap my mind around the toolbar parts, but I did create the new toolbar icons.

I posted a toolbar tutorial, at least in terms of examples from my own mods.  It includes two nesting examples as well as a simple addition.  Hopefully people will be able to fill in the appropriate file names for their own mods.

JamieIdle2.0

Well the mod is ready to go thanks to a big helping hand from @RedKetchup !

Full info and download can be found here.
http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/613-Specialized-Trading-Posts

@Nilla I made some boats a tad slower and the progression a bit slower as well, but it works out nicely.