News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

No nomads for 60+ years?

Started by MissyHissy, March 23, 2019, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

since you had nomads before and now don't,i don't think it is a bridge layout or the nomad catcher.it is good to know that info and check it thou. i think it is luck of the map draw. a different map with the same setup might act different.not saying to start over and kill your map.but that is the easy explanation. some maps you can start and have sickness or deaths earlier than other maps.each map has some subtle differences to them.

LUKE hardcoded a lot of ideas that modders and us players don't understand.weird or odd things happen frequently with us scratching our heads to solve and figure out.bannies have minds of their own and do things all the time different than we expect.some of these odd things LUKE built into the game.as much as they make the games interesting, they also have caused many debates. you can try changing your game play or style.doing something different or strange might affect the nomads. without seeing your game,i  can't tell you exactly what to try you might increase food,build another market or TP. whatever you think might make the town more likeable to outside people.to give them reason to come join it. build a boardinghouse? are you short on housing?

i agree with KID that adding mods mid game can have consequences.sometimes it will work without issue ,other times it can crash. i would make 3 saves before trying to add a nomad catcher. however,you can and should build another nomad catcher that you already have installed.depending on mods you most likely have at least 2 and probably 3.

kid1293

Thanks. I think about an old problem but if I am correct Luke fixed it.

MissyHissy

Thanks for the replies, guys. It's handy to have the information here, should we need it. She's in Year 141 and still nothing although since the town has had to 'get on with it', so to speak, it's actually ended up thriving with 100% clothed and educated. So it's probably been just as well!  ;D

The luck of the map draw makes a lot of sense. We'd already noticed that some maps generate sicknesses and deaths sooner and more frequently than others. It's a bit like the starting seeds, isn't it? Hard-coded to each map. Fascinating though.

It's funny, I was going to ask about adding mods in general mid-game. I did a lot of reading when I first started using mods and discovered it's generally not advised to do so but then I spotted a thread around here somewhere, which mentioned it's often okay as long as you 'double exit'. I suppose it's a bit of a chance thing, whether it causes issues or not. Multiple backup saves sound like a good idea.  :)

brads3

adding mods mid game is another devated issue. much depends on the mods you already have,the mod you plan to add,and why yo want to add it.if you add a mod that affects the start map,then it might load part way and not the whole mod,or it might just crash.if you load a mod that has different texture looks to the buildings, it should load. adding a mod mid game wont change what has already been loaded via another mod.it can only add to the game.

we all have different play styles and so differing ideas and results.

RedKetchup

you will get more trouble if you try to place something at top of the list midway game than if you enable it at the end of the list. for sure.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

MissyHissy

Worth bearing in mind, thanks guys!  :)