News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Let's rebuild Middle Earth!

Started by Jewelz, June 10, 2020, 08:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jewelz

Since we now have Hobbit Holes (THANKS KID!) I'd love to see how other people design these "towns."

I'm currently doing a New Hobbiton - Smaller buildings whenever possible, thatched roofs, farmes and FOOD! and all the pub/restaurant options I can find. (1 for breakfast, one for 2nd breakfast, elevensies, etc.) Dirt roads.
Limited ironworking and lumber production.

Other ideas I plan to tackle in the future:

New Erebor (Dwarf city) - Heavy iron and steel tool production. Smelting and jewelmaking. Houses made of stone. Limited farming - most food acquired through trade with Hobbits or Traders. Stone roads.

Esgaroth aka Laketown. - self-explanatory! Lots of fish, and lake/shore products like rope.

Wood elf City - Tree city! Lumber production.

Rivendale- Magic! The grandest and most elegant.

Anyone wanna pick one and have a go at it?

kid1293

;D ;D I wish there were more modders!

I am making slow progress with Hobbit Homes.

Abandoned

Middle Earth has already been in many of my stories so far  :)  To name a few:

There were Dwarves in North Mining Town #13 and in Railway Iron Ridge #50 and mentioned elsewhere throughout series.  I was actually thinking of another Dwarf Town for next winter.

I don't see tree loving wood elves as lumber producers, they are preservers of the forest.  I have elves (and dark elves) in many stories, Winter Woodland #6 (part wood elf, part Santa's), Crystal Canyon #36 (with magic), Ice Mountain Nature Preserve #52, and Forest Haven #53 (Havens inspired by Middle Earth Elves)

I have been looking forward to Hobbits for a long time.

Good luck with your maps and towns.

Jewelz

Hi Abandoned! I was thinking of you as I wrote this. I figured you have done most of this as you tested through and blogged, but thought you might want to have another go at it. :)

I did read through some of the more recent blogs, and one of them mentioned Elves and inspired me, no doubt! Your blog was how I found Kid's Fairy Tale. I love playing with that one, and now that I have forest deep too, I can't wait to combine them and see what evolves.

I will be sure to check out those Dwarf blogs. I'm quite curious to see what houses you favored for the Dwarves. I like to play a female Dwarf in D&D and my main char. in World of Warcraft is one as well. I'm fact, my Dwarf town(when I get to it) will probably be more WoW than Tolkien.

I do see your point about Wood Elves, but I don't want to make a Dark tower and orc city!  :P I was just thinking nature and balance. Also, in my head, I imagine the Elven magic makes trees grow like crazy, so some maintenance is needed. Kinda like the bamboo in my backyard! I have to keep them trimmed back to keep them healthy. And they ALWAYS need thinning. If you let too many grow too close to each other, they don't get bushy. They are just a stick with leaves on top. :/

Kid, I think what you have so far is so super fun! I'd be perfectly happy just with what you released, even if you aren't. ;)

Abandoned

:) Hi, dwarf @Jewelz , I definitely will have another go at those when I return to those areas of the map, especially more dwarves and wood elves  :)  My avatar is elf from Heroes of Might and Magic VIII  ;D  In other games if I have choice I am usually a wood elf.   

Look forward to seeing your towns.   :)