News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Any way to cycle students/kids in 1.0.2?

Started by Kaldir, May 29, 2014, 09:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaldir

Now that the laborers selection cycle tool from the professions window only targets laborers, has anyone found a way to select/cycle students and kids?

One way is to go through all houses and select them from there, and in case of homeless cycle through all of them withthe homeless icon in the info window. But I wish there was another way to quickly cycle through just students or kids, for instance to check if the school will be done in time or can be delayed a bit, or to see how many students can pair up with adults still living with their parents.

slink

I did not see any way to accomplish that.  I did bring up the point when I heard that the 1.0.2 patch fixed the Laborers button so that it doesn't cycle through children and student, but got no reply that I can recall.

rkelly17

It would be really handy to be able to cycle through students, especially when labour and/or potential partners are short. Is it only me or do other people have towns where the numbers of available males and females gets badly out of synch?

I'd never tried to cycle through labourers, so I'll have to check to see what happens in 1.0.2.

slink

You can be definition cycle through students if you access every school, but children can now only be accessed through their home.

Kaldir

Quote from: slink on May 29, 2014, 01:25:16 PM
You can be definition cycle through students if you access every school, but children can now only be accessed through their home.

How can you cycle through the students at the school? I only manage to 'cycle' through the workers, the one teacher.

Bobbi

I, too, am very curious how you do that.

In response to rkelly17, I often have a serious imbalance in the male/female ratio. Usually there are far more adult females living at home then there are males. I suspect this may be to do with some kind of programming that is supposed to help with the fact that there is only one gender specific death, which is female death in childbirth. However, I do not not have nearly enough women dying in childbirth to even out the numbers. Sad that sometimes I almost throw a party when one of them dies.  :-[

rkelly17

@Bobbi, I've heard several people mention a gender imbalance in favour of females, but in one current town it is more males that is the problem at the moment. Some are waiting past 30 to pair up and one 30-year old has actually moved into a house by himself. I'd never seen that before.

slink

Quote from: Kaldir on May 29, 2014, 02:10:56 PM
Quote from: slink on May 29, 2014, 01:25:16 PM

How can you cycle through the students at the school? I only manage to 'cycle' through the workers, the one teacher.

*blinks*  I guess you can't now.  Maybe we never could, but I thought that I was able to.  I must have been delusional.   :o

Bobbi

Rats. I would love a way to cycle through ALL of the little peeps without checking every house. Part of the reason is the gender imbalance rkelly17 and I were commenting on. Which I have had men be ahead of women a few times, but it was never by much, and did not last very long before it went back to women.

mariesalias

I don't mind so much when it is men who are in the majority because they seem to be able to father children past 40. But with females, it just doesn't happen. I have had more then one town suffer from not enough babies being born to replace people dying because there were far too many females.  You know you are in trouble when your 17-19 year old males are pairing up with females already over 30. Instead of the six+ possible children, you only get one or two. Depending on your population, this can lead you into a cycle where too may elders later die and you can't replace them all and if you don't have a, over-abundance of laborers, this can eventually spiral out-of-control.

They do sometimes live alone, but usually only if all other couples have matched up, otherwise, they seem to stay with their parents. Though if the parents die, they will keep living in the house alone until they decide to finally pair up.