News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

WOOT ! My first 4000 pop city :) << Completed and final

Started by RedKetchup, July 30, 2014, 12:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

Holy Urban Metropolis, Batman! And from the minimap it looks like you still have some room to expand.

RedKetchup

yes i do ! but i also need to take some to fix a couple of things : Tools/firewood/clothes/everything are going down and down fast and i have almost nothing to sell , no firewood, i dont even produce 2k ale per year, only have a bit of meat (venison/beef/mutton). but definitly, still have some room.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

solarscreen

If you can build a stable 5,000 pop town....

Are you able to download games from GOG.com?

I have a massive gift pack from them I need to give to someone.  :)

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

RedKetchup

i never gone there so far. i never heard of that site before i heard it couple of time in here. i can check.

EDIT : About my town, getting 5000 pop and stable ? this town wouldnt be able to be stable at 5000pop, unfortunatly. it is not even stable since i pass the 4000pop. everything is going down... tools... firewood... clothes... iron.... coal... wood... only my food seems ok even if they eat 500k per year (4500pop X 100food each= 450k) but i learned alot and i have now a good idea of what it takes :)
i started another city and i'm planning it to be big, right from the start.

solarscreen

Ok, if you get it to 5,000 even if it's unstable!

Nice work!  Hopefully you can get it balanced out enough to grow a little bit more.

irrelevant

RedKetchup

no, not at all. it would have been same thing with natural births. i just not counted and reserved enough space for 2x more woodcutters/blacksmiths/clothiers/brewmasters <= (5x for those) and 5x to 10x more herdsmen for going to 5000pop.

RedKetchup

My goal was to get to 4000 and get a big bunch of nomads. mission done !

my next one wil hit 5000 !  ;D

irrelevant

Well done!

I too feel that 5000 is doable. It'll take the right map though. My last one had a lot of unusable space. But also we've learned a lot about using what space there is.

solarscreen

@RedKetchup and @irrelevant are you two up for a challenge?

With new maps, the goal is 5,000 people.  @RedKetchup says he just started a new map, how about it @irrelevant?

irrelevant

@solarscreen  Sure, I'm game to give it a go. Just be aware, to get to just 4000 it took me 6 weeks with a daily average in the game of probably 4-5 hours!

solarscreen

Quote from: irrelevant on August 13, 2014, 08:31:42 AM
@solarscreen  Sure, I'm game to give it a go. Just be aware, to get to just 4000 it took me 6 weeks with a daily average in the game of probably 4-5 hours!

There is no deadline, just a winner!

solarscreen

I do ask if you two decide to take a shot at it that you blog your villages. Nothing too detailed, more like an update from week to week where you are and what you did to survive and grow.

RedKetchup

irrelevant

Sure! Blogging Rickettsville probably slowed me down some, but I maybe also got carried away with the number of updates. :-[