Started by Paeng, May 16, 2017, 05:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

That new canal water is taxing my graphics setup... too weak, LOL   :D

* And I fear there is not much I can do about it right now...  :-[

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

calli74

I have the same problem, I tried changing to DX9 but then my game crashed so I don't know if that helps. My graphic card is 5 years old though :(, an ATI HD 7700.

Bartender

Hmm, that is odd indeed. Could you guys post a screenshot of your video settings so I can try to reproduce the error? I see that the regular water is not doing this, which leads me to believe that it might be something I did in the code. It's very strange how it cuts off on the left side of the screenshot though, or is that a bit of regular water we're seeing there?

Changing the DX while the game is running crashes it for me too, try changing it in the menu.

RedKetchup

?? wut ??

is it an old ati too @Paeng ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 16, 2017, 10:02:51 AMis it an old ati too

No, this is on my laptop... Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000... driver is current.

Quote from: Bartender on May 16, 2017, 09:45:43 AMCould you guys post a screenshot of your video settings

Attached...

QuoteI see that the regular water is not doing this (...snip...) It's very strange how it cuts off on the left side of the screenshot though, or is that a bit of regular water we're seeing there?

Correct, where the canals touches "true" water (either stream or creek) this does not happen...

QuoteChanging the DX while the game is running crashes it for me too, try changing it in the menu.

Well, I tried every possible setting (reasonable or unreasonable)  ;)

The pink wouldn't budge at all... and for whatever this might be worth - it's a "singularity", never seen anything like it before   :)

RedKetchup

poor @Paeng :(

i cannot help you there, my friend  :'(

btw, do you live near this place ?

Bartender

Thanks Paeng! I tried your settings, but unfortunately I can't reproduce the bug on my system. I suspect that it's something hardware related indeed. I will try to delve into the code to see which changes might have led to this problem, though without being able to reproduce it myself it's going to be a bit of a shot in the dark.

brads3

tune in next week where the trees will be blue and the grass white.LOL RED's new comp goofed ya's up already.

QueryEverything

Haha @RedKetchup you beat me to it, I was going to suggest that it reminded me of the great lakes here in Australia which are well known to be pink :)  It's a bacteria that cause the colour to be so vibrant :D
http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/topics/science-environment/2016/12/australias-pink-lakes

Sorry about the glitch @Paeng if it wasn't a sign of something wonky with the system setup, I'd happily have pink water.
1)  Pink's my colour (it never was until I turned 30!!)
2)  And it's an Aussie icon, the pink water :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 16, 2017, 05:54:36 PM
It's a bacteria that cause the colour to be so vibrant :D

bacteria ? wait, do you have viruses ? Paeng ?

embx61

Are there any color issues with the irrigation channels as well?
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on May 16, 2017, 07:17:32 PMAre there any color issues with the irrigation channels as well?

Nope, none at all...

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 16, 2017, 06:54:47 PMbacteria ? wait, do you have viruses ? Paeng ?

:D

Quote from: Bartender on May 16, 2017, 02:26:38 PMI suspect that it's something hardware related indeed.

Yeah, I tend to say don't sweat over it... seems to be a fluke on old HW, Calli with an outdated ATI (which are known to be... ummm... sensitive, anyway...) and me, I currently don't even have a dedicated card...  :(

At worst, I'll just take b/w pics of the canals  LOL  :D

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on May 17, 2017, 04:01:57 AM

At worst, I'll just take b/w pics of the canals  LOL  :D

so sad !

man. i spent 1025 last week to upgrade myself... and i wasnt so bad. in fact i kept my video card and garbaged everything else (out of 12 HDs of 2tb each loL)

you need to upgrade your portable / or buy a real pc :P
since year you should have done that lol

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 17, 2017, 04:59:39 AMbuy a real pc

It'll come some day... since I retired, money isn't as loose as it used to be   ;)

calli74

I gotta be a good girl til Sinterklaas then maybe I can get a very special present. Knowing my luck I'll be carted off to Spain in a big sack.