News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Using Bansihed to create custom city

Started by lordphrofet, April 06, 2018, 04:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordphrofet

So I wish to use Banished to create a medieval city for a pen and paper RPG game. I am using the debug menu and the mega mod. I am having a few issues that I was hoping people could help me with...

1 Trying to use the tool that alters the level of the ground. The city is built on a slight slope and I have two rivers; one going through the middle of the city and another leading into and out of a lake at the entrance of the city. Any tips or tricks on using the tools to create this?

2. Is there an online or internal file with a list with pictures of all the different buildings? I have spent a lot of time just placing different buildings to see what they look like but it is difficult remembering all of them.

3.  Is there an easy way to remove buildings that does not require people to dismantle the building? The city is huge and in my practice builds getting rid of a building, street etc. that I don't like is a necessary common occurrence and the current building removal is not very efficient for my needs.

4. Any good guides on using the debug menu?

Thank you everyone for taking the time to answer my questions. Any additional advice for this project is appreciated as well.

galensgranny

Making a pen and paper role playing game using Banished is an interesting idea.

As far as I know, there is no easy way to dismantle buildings.  I wish there was.  What I do when making my towns when I am not sure if I will like the results of something is to make many saves without rewriting a previous save.  Then if what I thought might look good does not, instead of waiting for the Bannies to dismantle buildings, I just quite the game, load a previous save, and try again.

Advice for using the terrain level tools would be the same as above.  Save the game before using the tool, then if it goes wrong, quit and load the previous save.

I don't know any place where there are pictures of all the building.  Maybe place them all and make a screenshot to save as an image file on your computer. 

I don't know of any guides about using the debug menu.

Gatherer

Quote from: lordphrofet on April 06, 2018, 04:40:24 AM
2. Is there an online or internal file with a list with pictures of all the different buildings? I have spent a lot of time just placing different buildings to see what they look like but it is difficult remembering all of them.

Banished Wiki - > https://banished-wiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.