News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Brick Tenements and Rowhouses from the Industrial Revolution

Started by AzemOcram, December 08, 2014, 11:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

oh s@#%t!
considering the stairs how can u live in a house like that ??
rooms 1mx1m ??
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

chillzz

@assobanana76
some have winding staircases to save space, others have stairs to the side.
usually the rooms are long and small. multiple rooms on 1 floor..

actually there is a new interest in micro apartments / micro housing .. you should youtube some of these..
some have ingenious Italian design double use furniture, designed for small spaces. amazing!

smallest house in the world - Warsaw, Poland : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q43Ei7wrfxg
double use furniture : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAa6bOWB8qY
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

rkelly17

Quote from: chillzz on June 15, 2015, 03:23:56 PM
Indeed, townhouses can't be too thin. Like @Nilla said, some cities taxed property on width of the facade.
Hence there are buildings in Amsterdam just 160 centimeter wide! Closer to me, in Dordrecht there is one of just 280 cm.
And a lot of other medieval towns here has the same kind of small housing.

280 cm! That's awfully extravagant, don't you think?  ;D

assobanana76

Quote from: chillzz on June 17, 2015, 05:14:00 AM
@assobanana76
some have winding staircases to save space, others have stairs to the side.
usually the rooms are long and small. multiple rooms on 1 floor..

actually there is a new interest in micro apartments / micro housing .. you should youtube some of these..
some have ingenious Italian design double use furniture, designed for small spaces. amazing!

smallest house in the world - Warsaw, Poland : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q43Ei7wrfxg
double use furniture : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAa6bOWB8qY
Now I can think of a movie with Renato Pozzetto  .. "Il ragazzo di campagna" (The country boy) ..
where he comes to town from the countryside and offer a flat of 3x3m!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd4nKJPmWGA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN0Q76lt2B4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aDXVx0_yH4
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

chillzz

:D i believe i actually have seen that movie long long time ago :O

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Kimbolton

AzemOcram

I just restarted my project yesterday. I couldn't take my rig (which I do all my 3D work on) with me to my new college town so I was completely unable to do anything related to this project besides plan, research, download photos (for reference and texture), and wait.

I should be able to release my Narrow Housing mod for vanilla Banished within a week. It will take a few more weeks to get the full release ready (for Colonial Charter).

Tiers 0, 1, and 2 will be included in this vanilla Banished mod. Tier 2 will have free glass and bricks made of stone.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

AzemOcram

When will the stable version of Banished 1.0.5 be released! Railings look so much better with the changes made. Anyway, I've been super busy with family, holiday preparations, appointments, health, and parties that I didn't get as much done as I wanted. I finished modelling the buildings for vanilla (they are the top row with Tier0, Tier1a and Tier 1b) but I have another T3 and T4 model to make (for CC 1.6.1) and I suck at UVW mapping and diffuse maps.

Here is a picture showing all the progress I made over the past 5 weeks:

39 models rendered in HD

RedKetchup

yeah diffuse maps can be a pain with your way to do. i build and i diffuse asap in same time as i build
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Denis de la Rive

Frist of all, nice building models, a historical question concerning the two tallest, aren't they a bit tall considering that elevators weren't perfected until the 1850's, and with a bater economy, its hard for me to imagine the game's time period going beyond 1820.

Looking at the various models, I think you should try to have the windows line up across the whole group, or you will get some very strange visuals when people mix and match, that would be too bad since I like the look so far. You could also consider the size of the windows, they look about the same a the doors which might not be the best, possibly go with something like waist high to head high, 45 to 60% of what you have, for a better visual. Looking forward to more updates. :)

AzemOcram

I will shorten the windows (and the upper floors) but the Tier6 (5 upgrades from the basic plopped Narrow Rowhouse or 1 upgrade from the Tier5 (shorter versions of Tier6) Ritzy Rowhouses) Soaring Rowhouses are late game (1830s) "Brick Walk Ups" with the dormers being storage attics, with the kitchen (with an advanced wood burning stove/boiler) going in the basement, with the master (parents') bedroom behind the living room on the first floor and 2 child/guest bedrooms per floor (with the strongest & oldest children living on the barely heated 4th floor) with the children eagerly waiting for new houses to move out to. The Soaring Rowhouses will be equivalent to Estates with less storage space and more building supplies needed to build.

I will replace the pink Tier0 model with a 1 story version of it for vanilla Banished, called a Tiny Abode. There will be a button for a Tiny Abode and a button for a Narrow Rowhouse. The Tiny Abode will upgrade to the Narrow Abode (red) and the Narrow Rowhouse (Teal) will upgrade to a Nice Rowhouse (gold next to purple but with a shallower roof and shorter windows, 2nd story & tower).
The Tiny Abode will hold family of 3 with less storage than a wood house but slightly more heat.
The Narrow Abode will hold a family of 4 with the same amount of storage as a wood house and the same heat as a stone house. The Narrow Rowhouse will hold a family of 4 with the same storage and slightly more heat than a stone house. The Nice Rowhouse will hold a family of 5 with more storage and heat than a stone house

I really want to eventually modify the Building Supplier to make Fancy Building Supplies (Lumber + Hardwood + Rope + Glass) and Advanced Building Supplies (Reinforced Concrete + Glass + Lumber); modify the Homeware Supplier to make Appliances (1 Stove + 1 Durable Tool + 2 Gears OR 1 Stove + 2 Pewterware + 7 Gears); modify the Forge to make Stoves (from joists), Gears (from joists and bronze with great profit margin), Durable Tools (joists+bronze, no wood) and Reinforced Concrete (1 joist + 20 cement); modify the (brick) Kiln to make 25/42 cement from 20 Clay + 30 shells + 10 sand + 1 stone + 1 iron ore + 1 furnace fuel; I also want to modify the Dredger to produce 24/40 Shells as often as Pearls. These will be for my planned "Industrial Commonwealth Cities" mod.

Denis de la Rive

Sound nice, well planned out, I will soon be finished with the CC charts so that should help you see what those values are.  Changing the windows will also remove the stretch impression you get from looking at the models, you mind is looking for something more square than a long rectangle, so it feels wrong. It also account for the impression that the buildings are just too tall. My comment referred to the two grey towers which seem out of place, the 4 and 5 story ones are very nice, and not a problem as I see, Romans had them. :)

AzemOcram

The Clock Towers are very late game. They will require a lot of Advanced Building Supplies and Gears (especially the taller one), and either Stone (Elizabeth Tower) or Bricks (Small Ben Clocktower). They are modern monuments from 1840. They will be bundled with my Post-Colonial Commonwealth mod (along with the tweaks and some new factories). I might do Nueva EspaƱa before that and bundle the two in a [postcolonial] "Industrial Commonwealth Cities" mod.

Narrow Colonial Housing will soon be released but Narrow Housing (vanilla) will be released earlier. ICC might never be released.