News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Colorful 2-Floors Little Houses v1.0 - Redketchup

Started by RedKetchup, October 19, 2014, 03:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

euh i dont understand the relation with "building less houses" ? why would you want to build less houses ? new adults will never start to get babies if they dont have their own house , and parents i doubt wont have babies anymore if there is an adult living with them.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 21, 2014, 07:11:47 PM
euh i dont understand the relation with "building less houses" ? why would you want to build less houses ? new adults will never start to get babies if they dont have their own house , and parents i doubt wont have babies anymore if there is an adult living with them.

You are right, my bad English again.

I'll try to explain what I meant.

If I want to build a big settlement, I always start to build, as many houses as there are families. As the settlement grows, sometimes I get the feeling.... oh,oh, the foodpruduction doesn't increase as fast as the population. Than I may use the strategy; not building so many new houses (maybe 400 houses for 500, families or something like that). The population will still increase, as long as you build new houses, but not so fast, as if everyone can leave home, directly after they have left school. With the possibility to have 4 children living at home, this strategy will still work, but it will not work as fast, as if you use the other houses.

That is what I meant that it might be a little difficulter.

I also think, this new tweak will increase the influence of nomads, They are often young as they arrives, many with some children. So i suppose you will have many 6-person families after you have accepted nomads.

@RedKetchup this mod is really something special!!

1. Looks great
2. Fits excellent in the excising Banished-style if you use the brownish roofs, if you want it "conservative"
3. Make your settlement looks funny and different, if you use the color roofs
4. Change the gameplay, in a small but interesting way
5. Uses a clever technic

Don't know what to say! perhaps only.

Thank you. :)

RedKetchup

^^ you are welcomed :)

maybe....

you ll get more used to it with time :)
and also by seeing more often those roof ! hehe

presently, in wait to see what i ll do with my windmill, and waiting to get a good feeling about it.....
i am revisiting all my other mods i made so far :)

and updating them a very last time :)

i did Creamery. : building changed : :) will allow a 2nd floor ontop of it :D  those exactly already made in Colorful Little Houses! a dairy family living upstairs !
i tweaked some numbers too. alot of people complained about milk numbers.... : reduced 33% (from 24 per drop to 16)
i tweaked also the number of cheeze and cream to be more closer to the yogurt.
i want to do new animal : Milky Cows. black and white. but i need the cow.fbx 3D anim from Luke. if you just change the skin of the actual cattle : no problem. but if you want to start a new animal, you absolutly need the 3D FBX file. so i m waiting Luke's decision.

i just did Grainsilo. it was my very first model made piece by pieces... i fixed some graphical error, didnt want to rebuild it completly, but made some tweaks.
i also seperated both silo, 1 for grain, 1 for coal. cant mix them anymore. and the Coalsilo has its own icon. and the roof is black (same as the black roof of little house)

next one is little chapel, i dunno if i can do much about it.... it wasnt my own design, i took it like that, its an empty cardboard box, but i ll see... and will recheck the code.

Nilla

I have one thing that disturbs me. It is not originally your mod, but you made it more balanced once.

The apiary;

it disturbs me that honey is considered fruit and grain and and vegetable and protein. If you like to, you could feed your population with only honey and they will always have full health!

I don't know to which category it should belong, and I really don't care, as long as it is only one.

Could you (do you want to) change that?

By the way; another thing I agree with some other folks, that the productivity of the greenhouse is a bit too high. I find it OK if they are wort 8, but ½ production will be enough. I built one settlement with a lot of immortal trees (a try for the "beauty contest" :) had one greenhouse, but was never short on seedlings.

RedKetchup

yeah seedlings will be reduced down of 50-60% :) but decorative pack will be the last one revisited, cause i ll have to add the flowers, and that , it wont be easy ^^
i can check honey too :)

rkelly17

Quote from: Nilla on October 22, 2014, 02:48:33 AM
I have one thing that disturbs me. It is not originally your mod, but you made it more balanced once.

The apiary;

it disturbs me that honey is considered fruit and grain and and vegetable and protein. If you like to, you could feed your population with only honey and they will always have full health!

I don't know to which category it should belong, and I really don't care, as long as it is only one.

Another modder changed honey to be only grain (kralyerg, Modified Apiary Update 2 with Mead and Pumpkin Alehttp://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/56-Modified-Apiary-Update-2-with-Mead-and-Pumpkin-Ale) which I used for a while to experiment with mead before switching to @RedKetchup's version of the apiary. Either way it helps in a Hard game where you can get everything but grain before trading--and then the [expletive deleted] merchants take forever to bring grain seeds.

irrelevant

I built these in the winter, with snow on the roof. You have to look closely at the edge of the eaves to get the colors the way you'd like

assobanana76

Quote from: irrelevant on October 22, 2014, 08:28:12 PM
I built these in the winter, with snow on the roof. You have to look closely at the edge of the eaves to get the colors the way you'd like
I have not tried the mod but .. hey !! Wow !! you really can build a house so ?? 2 floors and 1 floor in side ?? Wow!!  :o ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

of course !
since when i do something that doesnt work ??  :P

:o :o

;D ;D ;D

slink

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 22, 2014, 02:13:06 AM

i want to do new animal : Milky Cows. black and white. but i need the cow.fbx 3D anim from Luke. if you just change the skin of the actual cattle : no problem. but if you want to start a new animal, you absolutly need the 3D FBX file. so i m waiting Luke's decision.

I hope he releases it to everyone, and not just to you.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on October 22, 2014, 08:28:12 PM

Indeed! I've started building houses in Spring to make sure I get the colors the way I want them. Of course, one could vary the colors of the two houses to get some decoration. I've seen houses painted more bizarrely than this.

JimmiG

All the variations except the bright red, second story model have a slightly crooked roof (see screen shot). Is this intentional? A very, very minor thing, but I'm OCD when it comes to little details like this  :o

Great mod! I use it all the time when I want to squeeze as many people as possible within range of a market.  :)

RedKetchup

yeas and tons of people yelling at me because i m not doing it enough, go look the barn, and they ask me to do same :S /shame.

rkelly17

Quote from: JimmiG on November 06, 2014, 03:28:36 AM
All the variations except the bright red, second story model have a slightly crooked roof (see screen shot). Is this intentional? A very, very minor thing, but I'm OCD when it comes to little details like this  :o

Great mod! I use it all the time when I want to squeeze as many people as possible within range of a market.  :)

Probably just that the citizens who like bright red roofs are also better carpenters.  ;D

In my possibly uninformed opinion, the vanilla game overdoes the sagging roof. No self-respecting farmer would let his or her barn get into that kind of shape. Only basically unused or abandoned barns look like that in our neck of the woods.

Bobbi

Agreed with not sagging, not necessary, but matches the original flavor of the game.