Main Menu

Kid - Alotofseeds V2.0

Started by kid1293, April 09, 2017, 09:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Kid - Alotofseeds V2.0

https://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=262

On a request from Abandoned.
I know you wanted a trader on land but I can not do that.

It is a trader, who comes by river. :)
But, he has a lot of seeds and he comes very often.
Maybe a cheat, but he is good for a new game.

The model is a retextured Colonial trader and the trader
comes every five months with 12 seeds. It is a good chance
he has got what you need.

V2.0 is a major update. We have expanded on the seeds and included
animals, fishing, a couple of jetties, some houses (related to water)

QueryEverything

This looks sweet :)  I have grabbed it, excellent work :D
And no, not a cheat at all. 

As mentioned previously, the lack of seed gathering comes from Luke's code.  Many people would forage (gather) and use greenhouses to germinate new strains of seedlings, and it would be a natural progression to find wild seeds in the forests and use them to grow a new field of XYZ, so I'm not sure why it wasn't in the game at the beginning.  (Wurm Online does this extremely well, you can start nearly all available crops from foraging & gathering, you start with nothing and build your settlement, but they have an excellent foundation, the hardness comes in the form of hell hounds and giant bears near spawn points, hahahaha) ...  moving on ...

Not a cheat, looks lovely, thank you @kid1293 . :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Abandoned

@kid1293 thank you so much for this wonderful trading post.  Playing with mods rather than the vanilla game, it takes a long time to get some needed seeds, this will certainly offset all the addition items the trader brings.  I'm thinking it will work well with 1.0.6, we will see.  New story coming soon to a village blog near you, Newport.   :)

kid1293

@Abandoned  Do you want a 1.0.6 version?

Abandoned

@kid1293 thank you so much but let me see if this works ok as is before you go to the trouble.  I have added a few updates already that use the new community toolbar icon with no problem.  I think as long the mods aren't using those new flags they should work fine with 1.0.6.  So I am going to add those first in small groups to update my notes and recheck compatibility and preferences. Forest Outpost and Workplace (with bees & butcher) are in community icon but I have the tiny mods all separate for easiest access.  I think I will wait awhile yet to update my game, I don't want to miss using all the great new mods being made.  Hopefully I can do a test run on this great new port today yet, will let you know.  :)

kid1293

Tough luck. I added all sort of limits and flags to seed trader. (Don't know why)
Maybe crash since those things are not declared in 1.0.6 program code.
We'll see.
I have a 1.0.6 version but in the meantime - what color do you want on the building? :)

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

Don't laugh to hard @RedKetchup , your turn will come.  In fact, could I have your red looking creamery with a roof to match that red & white trading post? Only kidding.

@kid1293 I did a quick test, put in a few trade goods, boatman came right away with a nice selection of seeds, not enough trade goods so no deal but it did not crash or do anything strange, but maybe a 1.0.06 might be better before I start the story. 

Regarding color, it looks real nice now and the roof matches one of those houses for sale and a close match to one of the workplace houses.  But if you are thinking of some f-key variants, maybe a match for the workplace log cabin looking one.  :)

kid1293

OK. I'm lazy. No F-key variants.

edit - Link removed. Try download on top of page.

Abandoned

okay, thank you very much.  :)

QueryEverything

Quote from: kid1293 on April 13, 2017, 10:28:02 AM
OK. I'm lazy. No F-key variants.

Such a pity @kid1293 , I was hoping to see if you could use the texture from the "large port" and the beautiful white tones from the little house in the "Workplace" mod.  Those 2 buildings are 2 of my fave wooden / stone textures, when it comes to neutral colours.

Maybe one day, if you feel up to making a matching set :D 

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

@QueryEverything - You have just conviced me to spend the last day of this holiday
doing something meaningful.  ;)

But just where should I put the stone texture?

QueryEverything

@kid1293 thank you :)

I had planned on placing this alongside the Large Port, so a different, but matching texture to it, sort of like an "extension" of the large port, building a broader port district.  ....  I have the inspiration, not the 'details', hahaha.

kid1293

I you want a stone foundation I have to rebuild it...  :(

QueryEverything

No no no, no need for that :)
Looking at my screenshots now :)  Just a min ....