News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

LOWESVILLE Brad's multi-mod fort city

Started by brads3, April 28, 2017, 12:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

A speed it is! A lot to look at. Your story is much inspired bu Abandoned.:)

Just one question. This trapper from your last entry: does it catch any animals? As far as I know it need to be placed in one of Necora´s forests. I can see nothing of that kind close (or is it just outside the picture?)

brads3

i'm glad you thiink it has moved along. without nomads it was almost a stand still for 10 years. i am up to 3rd generastion almost to 4th on 1 family. and i did have several male children from those mini tents that slowed my growth farther too. the rowhouses has several single households. due to that i couldn't expand area. because of it my stock is way behind too.this is the first time using this map code with the NAT DIV mod. my trees don't regrow as fast with his open meadows.i have logs but they aren't near the woodcuter. when i went to 2 vendors, they still only stock the small markets to 10 logs. normally i up the firewood limit at the start to fill the shed. wanting to burn the thatch so it didn't over fill the pile,i left the limit alone.
   by now my food count has been falling also. i am  still not used to the changes to the fodder production numbers.it is a big change from what it originally was.more of a drop than expected.it takes a while to get a good output of the fodder but i did clear the land.before i could run 4 greenhouses the old way with half a field and 2 stables.now i can barely keep 1 stable going and 1 greenhouse with a full circle. the mod is improved but it went farther left than i expected. it did change where i put it too.
   yep, we have had struggles. it made the bannies work to survive.they have been so busy finding food and thatch. they still need to clear rocks from the forests. that set of a dozen nomads should pick up the game pace.

NILLA,with all those beaver lodges the trapper has been busy.i never get high numbers out of the trapper even in a NECORA forest. the bannies were just clearing the lodges and not getting anything for it. now at least i do get a few pelts and game.once in a while he will find some duck eggs. i thought it made snece to trap foxes and rabbits on the edge of the meadow.NECORA did upgrade the od to spawn on the map without the foresters.the maple sap and pine isn't collectable though. some things the vanilla bannies will collect but not all. same thing with the fodder and the NAT DIV mod. i have seen foods growing in the meadow but not harvested.last game i used the fodder in i added a gatherer tent. it ended up being a small village in the middle of the field.
i am hoping the Indians gather the flowers and that causes the fodder count to go up.less flowers should mean more fodder.
yes by reading other blogs, it has influenced my game play.i slow down and try to think of expanding more from the bannies perspective instead of where i want to go on the map.

brads3

by fall of year 23,the builder could return to work on building the new office.with his assistant construction was going faster.the laborers were busy clearing paths for a road to the maple forest.jade finished did finish school and took over at the greenhouse.snow did fall before all the fodder was cut,dried,and stored.as the winter cold and snow came, the workers would clear thatch that had regrown closer to the fort.everyone would have time to rest before spring.houses would also be stocked before the busy season.

pic 1: the new office. thatch clearing. note the beaver lodge to the south and the fox across the west river.between the barracks and the storage barn must be rocky nothing grows back there.
pic 2: of the maple forest with the constuction finished.it is a mixture of several mods. it is hard to get a good pic with all the trees.
pic 3: more thatch being collected. another fox to the east.the far tent is for NESTO. he has never been with a woman all his 45 years

brads3

the snow melted before spring/ glad to see the warm sun,the laborers quickly moved logs for the vendor and woodcutter.thatch would be cleared from the meadow so more grass could grow.the cat had kittens in the spring. they would keep mice from our barns.
     a medical clinic could be built that had been planned before the Indians were found.there was talk of the perfume shop and a new tailor shop for the beaver pelts and bison furs that had been cleaned and saved.
     Alessica decided to quit school. he would grow herbs and his mother would become the town doctor.our row houses would get longer.call it spring fever or just chaos,Larry got mad at his mother,moved out,and quit being the teacher. he said he would go fishing where it was peaceful.we would need another house for Allessica after 1 was built and finished.Kalynn quit school and took over for her mother making hideoats.there was so much gossipy chatter and arguements over changing jobs,i was glad for the solitude of my new office.
  when it finally did get sorted out. Alessica said he had learned enough from his mother to take over at the clinic. Kalynn moved in with him. Larry calmed down and went to work as a laborer but stayed in his new rowhouse. 1 of our many bachelors did find a younger gal to move in with him.
  by fall,the road to the maple forest was layed out though there were some bumps and mudholes on it yet.
the new tailor was finished.since snow seemed to come early, wool coats were ordered.
  i was working on blueprints to partition the cellar below the office when Herline complained that Olly was flirting at the beekeepers and not trapping foxes.she did not know with whom since everyone wanted to hang out there. also after the perfume shop was built,the Indians then informed me it too would need water. we would need another well soon. i just shook my head. the chaos of the spring would contiue through winter.
   Olly argued the beaver had moved farther away. he showed me the beaver were no longer in the main river. they had moved west toward the smaller stream.still he should have trapped rabbits and foxes. he argued the  bees and everyone hanging out there scared the game away.
  as the winter ends this year,hopeully so does the chaos and squabbles.

pic 1: everyone hanging at the beekeeper.no trapping production.at least 5beaver lodges northwest side of the pic.
pic 2:    1) perfume shop 2) fur and pelt tailor 3)new well  4:medical office

QueryEverything

@brads3 can you post what your mod load order is? 
That will alter how your trapper works. 

Either written, in order, a screenshot. 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

LOLz at your profession list ^^ way too many lol
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

QUERY,my 1st post. bobout half way down is a list in order from top down. pine set is above nat div and ay above CC. i never get much from the trapper, even if i use it in a NECORA forest. i do not know why it got nothing the last year. even the fodder produced less than the year before. and i had cleared the thatch hoping for more out of the meadow. it is funny since he did chase the beavers out to the west more.

RED,yes that list is too long. i only use it to monitor when students become laborers and to count how many workers i have producing food.with the list so long it is easier just to click and set the workers from the buildings. the map and the overview window used to fit above the professions window.i see DS has made a mod to fix that again.i normally try not to add mods once i start a game though.

QueryEverything

@brads3 I can barely read what mods you have listed, there is a lot of text there.

What I can gather is that you have Necora's Pine Set; Natural Diversity; Crystal Cliffs; and Maritimes Storage, which are all above CC.

From what I can see in your screenshot "trapper probs" is that you don't have a Pine Forester with your Trapper, which is why your Trapper isn't producing any products.  You need the Forester to plant the Pine Trees, which produce the items that the Trapper collects.

When you first started your map, when you cleared the area, did you clear any of the Trapper items?
Were they only 'normal' items that you collected when clearing the land?
Did you clear anything and have Domesticated Animals drop?

Also, there is a bug in CC UI screen on the map details "map start.jpg", you are missing the CC size.  I know it's CC Very large because of the known bug.  I suggest you put a copy of the Map details screenshot over on the BL forum, post here:
http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/topic/1194-map-size-cc-very-large-not-showing-on-map-info-cc-ver-174/#comment-5958

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

brads3

yea,it was a pain to type all those mods. it is a very long list. if i had took pics of it i would be here for days logging all the pics in,lol. i also didn't want to list them vertically and take up the entire page.the bug issue to my knowledge is fixed in future versions and it is just a minor glitch.
  as for this trapper. i have tested it with forests, both pine and maple, in the forests after many years he does get better numbers after the forests mature. that is like 8 years plus.if you check the pics, the main reason i did put him there is to deal with the beavers. the laborers would destroy the lodges but never collect anything.he has been there for several years and gets about 8 pelts a year.sometimes he does find duck eggs also. i did think he would trap foxes and rabbits too. yes i won't get the numbers that i would with a forest but i would get something. i am surprised the last year he got 0.
   in the pic,u can see other foods on the ground that nobody is harvesting either.i cleared trees and rocks. late winter/early spring of year 24, i did send workers to clear just thatch.the hope was by doing that the fodder would produce more. the fodder mod is below CC in mod order but that should not mess with it. before RED's last update to it, i would set it so half the cirlce was over a lake. it would produce fodder so fast it would keep hitting the limit.reset limit and again i would hit it.by doing that it would shut down the fertilizer process. with 1 worker on 1 fodder, i would have enough for 2 stables with 1 worker each and like 4 greenhouses.it was overpowered.now i can't keep 1 stable supplied with fodder. i am getting less than 200 fodder.
   with the testing i have done with it,i decided to start it early and clear trees and rocks. thatch is cleared and a worker is taking care of the flowers.there is no ideas left to boost the fodder except add a 2nd worker.but everyone living in the meadow have jobs and are busy.
  the other thing i have noticed is there is no re-growth of anything inside the for. that area was cleared of trees and rocks within the first 5 years.so almost 20 years later and nothing has grown back up. there is some thatch but only near the road foing between the bridges.it isnt very thick either.before the NAT DIV mod, my trees would grow really thick and i would have had to reclear that area several times.

are those all bad things?? not really. i do wish the fodder would produce double what it has.so the horses wouldn't run out of food.  i do hope my trapper finds rabbits or foxes.even if he would gather roots too would help.

QueryEverything

I think there are issues with the load order; the version 1.07, but more like 1.06 and a half; and that you don't have a forester populating the area properly.  But, it's not my map.   
I don't know how you call it 1.07 but more like 1.06 & a half - either it has been updated, or not.

I don't know why you're having low produce with the fodder, it may be in the load order, anything that is for 1.07 I always have placed over CC.  So, i'm not sure if that's a possibility or not.

brads3

i didn't mean to confuse ,QUERY.i do think the fodder mod has to be moved above CC.that will at least help the well produce better. there is a known issue with the NAT DIV that causes trees not to regrow. my maps have never had all the forests die off.though the immportal tree mod will stop them from dying,it will not help the trees respawn or multiply.this quirk is both good and bad. the map would look strange if all the trees die except the forests.however, it means less decorating has to be done to stop trees from overgrowing villages and towns.my idea is the trapper hangs at the beekeeper too much.
   some of those mod issues have been fixed and updated.to clarify how this is a 1.06 and a half,banished is updated to 1.07,CC is updated. a few 1.07 mods are added. the majority of my mods are still 1.06.i did this for several reasons. when the community group came out,i started a folder for the upgaded mods. i was used to where things are so i kept playing the old way. when the new tree,fodder,and texture mods came out i upgraded the game to 1.07.with charcoal conflicts between CC and the pine set,i upped the CC.i am sure there are more glitches than i know by playing this way.even an oil press will have a conflict.once this game is done,i will have to refigure my entire mod set. that will take some time. with so many mods,it is frustrating to re shuffle them like a deck of cards. always seems to be 1 or 2 that either don't get moved perfectly or there is an unknown conflict.there are still tons of mods not yet updated and banished expands faster.

brads3

in the meantime,back to the fort.i did get to year 25 and want to check where i am access the situation.
   by trying to slow myself down and not expand too fast,i forgot to build the bridges and slowed down the nomads. then the game held th nomads off for another 5 years.plus the 1st generation of children were mostly males. too many bachelors slowed the population growth farther.normally i wouldn't use the mini tents,especially at the start.overall i am over 10 years behind and it has been excrutiatingly slow.
     i held the firewood limit down for a long time.this ment i would burn the thatch instead of overfilling the stockpile.firewood at the fort is 10% of where it should have been in under 5years.
    the delay of the nomads also ment the forest was delayed and therefore the food stock is not built up.the needed food ment the 2nd forest set plans had to be changed as well.
  overall the bannies have had to struggle and work hard to survive.i have enough foresters planned to supply logs.once i get a trading post and expand to find some farm ground,the food stock will pick up.

population 54 35 adults,4 students,and 15 young children.with 20 houses.education level is at 54%,over 3500 food going into spring mostly flour and wheat.
10 bannies producing food (2 farmers,3 hunters,2 gatherers,1 beekeeper,1 fisherman,1 greenhouse)
  we still have 100 rough tools and continue to produce stone tools.
our oldest citizen is a 58 year old Indian. and our cemetary remains empty.
we only have 4 laborers but the new tailor will be ready to help them soon.

YEAR 25,the road to the maple forest is almost finshed.rocks have been cleared from the mini forest.
we have started to produce some trade goods. coats and perfume.a mini church is planned at the fort because of the chaos of last year.this new gathering spot should keep bannies away from the bees and stop scaring the rabbits away from the trapper.Olly has been warned by his wife that if he continues to flirt with others she will have him wotking by her side at all times in the meadow.there is no foreseeable housing needed this year.
        Orrey did locate 9 Indian nomads in his travels.they were very glad to have a place to settle down at.they would become farmers near the cemetary to the east.south of the forests.since it was already summer, the farms would not be planted til next year.the Indians laughed when they heard of Olly's troubles with trapping.they would begin trapping wild boars between the 2 forests. the forest Indians were happy with that idea. they were afraid of the boars and did not want them trampling their precious apple trees and blueberry bushes.as Olly's wife now had him close by her side cutting grass, the old beaver trapper would be abandoned for now.
   by winter, all construction was finished.while clearing land for the new farms,3 bears had been chased out to our hunters.we had plenty of bear and fish. our food stocks had improved.the laborers had plenty of logs to haul back to the fort.we did figure out why the woodchopper seemed to be slow. she had hid the pregnancy until the baby was born.no wonder her and Larry had been fighting.finally all the chaos and gossip had sorted itself out.

pic 1: new mini church is full.
pic 2: plymouth houses and plantation storage for the new farms.
pic 3: the boar trapper centered between the maple and mini forests.

brads3

YEAR 26,  with over 400 perfumes and plenty of flowers, a trading post will finally be built.we also would swap a 1000 wheat for corn,carrots,or some beans. we did still have plenty of flour stored away.the office cellar would be partitioned off and a new cellar door installed for the medical cellar as well.
     there were reports of rattlesnakes from the forest,we definetly needed to at least start clearing those rocks.the laborers were cautioned to watch for wild boars and not to disturb any pheasant nests.
  the builder finished by summer. with his laborers busy elsewhere,he planted shade tree for the mini school and 1 for the fisherman. also,he built 2 stone benches outside the office along with 2 small flowerbeds i ordered in honor of my grandmother.

pic 1: closer pic of the 2nd forest.apple cart.decorative deer added.
pic 2: 1 of the wild boars.
pic 3:the mini TP,birch tree for the school,willow for the fisherman.
pic 4: the office now has a row of cellars.small flowerbeds in front.with heavey spring rain,there is still mud below the water tower.
pic 5:with 2 workers the fodder produces 184. they did not start cutting until it was almost 50 degrees f.
they did keep cutting until it got below 20 degrees. total 304.barely keeping the horses fed.the florist gathers 270 a year.
note the foods they don't harvest. that will feed more beavers.

brads3

as winter started ,a company merchant did stop by though he had very little to trade.he supplied several towns way to the north. i think he called it canada. even the Indians didn't understand the french accent.it was quite a journey by boat. even with the swift currents of the fall rains,it took 6 months.he was glad to meet new people as there was only 1 tiny town between us.he had spotted the bison herd 2 days ago.

YEAR 27,  it was a peaceful start to the year. the only request was by the doctor. kaylynn wanted a bench out front.the builder made 1 for the main storage barn as well.due to the wild boars,i did have the workers clear more land near the Indian farms. hopefully this would keep the boars from rooting up potaoes this year.
    ohh,the boar trapper did better than the beaver trapper. 20 pelts,6 game,30 eggs,and 4 fur for last year.in 1 year,the Indians trapped as much as Olly had in several
   knowing we had plenty of logs and how long it would take for the maples to mature,our mini forester stopped cutting for the year. he would collect herbs near his home instead.
   our vendor also stopped, so the market wasn't taking food away from the outer areas.with extra help,we would clear more ground near the office.
   it has been a quiet year. late autumn and no merchants or nomads have been spotted.our potato crops do not produce well near the creek. Orrey did seatch for wild carrots for our greenhouse to try this winter.
he did not have any luck however.
  in winter a seed merchant did arrive. we took all the seed he had,a whole bag of leek seeds.he had not seen any bison on his way down the river.the new seed would be planted by our most experienced farmer good ole Nesto the bachelor.some bannies argued we would need more fields to make up for the loss in potatoes.
    the vendor designed a covered cart to haul logs closer for the woodcutter.this would help move more logs faster.

YEAR 28: the Indians were good at gathering blueberries and cranberries. since everyone was tired of strawberries,the greenhouse switched to growing squash.everyone like this idea.we would have a variety of veggys and the boars could not get to them all.
     as most of the bannies excepted the fact that they had been forgotten by the homeland and it being obvious that very few others traveled near this lake,there was much talk of what our future would be.the school children wanted to build boats and explore the small village to the north.some talked of a lighthouse that might be seen by more merchants.the Indian farmers wanted lookout towers to rid the wild boars from their fields. there were many ideas but no agreement.
   as i checked the barns for stock after the long winter,i realized everything was well stocked. even Orrey had extra fodder still stored away.noone ever admitted who helped cut it.the blacksmith switched to rough tools since we had serves of iron ore.
    Orry would travel the westside of the lake this year.hopefully he would have better luck at spotting a distant campfire.he had already explored the lands to the southwest.he always had stories of wolves,trout,or other odd animals.he did say he liked to eat turkeys but he never could catch us a live 1 or find any eggs.
     to give hope, i had the workers start clearing land for a lighthouse.it would use most of the iron that we had.i planned it at the mouth of the main river acoss from the fort.it would be tall enough to be seen in the dark clear across the lake.if there were any merchants or nomads left,they would certainly see us.
       a strange merchant stopped by. he said he was hauling fabrics but tried to trade us turquoise. we all asked to see it since to us it was a mineral.he explained that the Indian chiefs wore it mixed with the hemp,bones,feathers,and sometimes rubies.he would check with others and find someone to trade for our perfumes. NOOO!,he didn't want any samples.he was afraid it would break bouncing around in his boat and then he would smell funny.he was in a hurry to catch up with some Indians to the south. they traveled with the bison herd there in a large open valley. it was hilly in that region so he was hoping to catch them near the river.
      as winter came,Orry returned from his travels. he had only seen the merchant's boat pass by in a lake that was just to the west of ours.there was lots of good edibles in that lake. we figured that is where the trout were since out fisherman never could catch any.

YEAR 29: it took most of the winter for the lighthouse to be finished. it was quite a project.as soon as we lit the fire,a merchant spotted it and headed our way.sadly we could not understand what he had,other than an arrowhead he showed us.where was this guy from with his strange talk? he tried and tried to explain the items. we could only figure out the 1 was some type of clothing.our Indians,who knew many languages,were also confused.
    it is most likely a food from the tropical GH mod being above CC and the coat is probably from the training camp mod. but there are several other possabilities. the turquoise being on the wrong boat is due to the precious mod not being updated with the new limit i have started a notepad file to list the problems and overhaul my mod list after this game.

pic: RED's immaculate lighthouse,a covered log cart,and the odd merchant

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on May 02, 2017, 08:23:28 AM

pic: RED's immaculate lighthouse,a covered log cart,and the odd merchant

:) always awesome to see this lighthouse :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .