News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Gatherer - Castle Rock X - Screenshot Blog

Started by Gatherer, May 08, 2017, 11:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on May 09, 2017, 05:30:27 AM
That could be fun. Right now I'm behind on screenshot posting. Ingame year is already at 33 so the canal is already built. But for a test I can rebuild it.

got my PM with the link ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

QueryEverything

Quote from: Gatherer on May 09, 2017, 05:30:27 AM
I copied 1.0.6. to another drive and then updated the original one. After that I emptied the original (now 1.0.7.Beta) WinData file and filled it with all the mods I wanted for this map. Load order did change a bit and it changed again on its own once or twice since. I have added a couple of mods after the start of this map but some mods have switched places without me touching them.

Great little villages there @Gatherer congrats on a lovely build :)

Regarding the mods changing places - is that before/after installing mid game?
What I've found that if I add a new mod in part way through a map, I need to set it up where I want in the mods menu, then exit the game, then load again, make sure it's enabled correctly, then load the map, then load the mod in the map.
Save the map, quit the map, EXIT the game, then reload.  It's a lot of faffing about and takes a little bit of time, but following that method I've not had a mod issue (unless there was a direct conflict, but not due to saves etc).

I also found that a new loadup on a new device with Steam - uck.  It's a pain in the rear and needs to be handled 'just so'.

But, certainly as a 'force of habit', always new mods - load to game, enable & arrange, then exit completely, then load in the existing map, then repeat, then save & exit - and you shouldn't have a problem.

And my mod list does compete with yours a little ;) 

Great blog, love to see more with those canals :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

so i ve just tested it ^^

i built a starting city, i ve put a canal down ( a gate, 2-3 straight, a TP, a straight, a fishing, a straight, a dock, a straight, a corner , then couple of straight....)

i saved.

then gone in mod list and added the 3.0 on top of 2.0 : crash !!!

then i reloaded save, deleted all the canals. saved. gone to mod list and added 3.0 on top of 2.0 : no crash !

so you will have to delete canal first. when i ll do the final version, there will be nothing bad after, i am just adding a watermill.

1. but i noticed something, you will need to get to it : pause, lay down your canal, check the blue arrows... and when sure, unpause.
2. you will also need to get used to go in the community icon because in old RK icon, you wont get all the pieces. they will be replaced by new one but you wont have all the icons. (many has been doubled with a stream going right, and a stream going *left.)

you ll need to get used to it. Now there is a flow and in game we rotate often "r" "t". since stream is under ground level, you dont see it till it is done (why to pause and use ground arrows)
And remember, pick up the community icon, always, to get all the icons.

Gatherer

Yeah it works just as intended. Thanks Mr. Red. I will still post screens with the old canal for some time though as I've made quite a lot of them.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Continuing...

Year 15

Salem's Lot.

Haven being slowly expanded.

Haven Trading Post. It took me a long time to put all the jetty pieces together.

Castle Rock, Haven and Lortz Lake.

Salem's Lot up close.

:) To be continued
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Continuing...

Year 17

Haven is starting to take shape.

Salem's Lot during The Great Blizzard of 17.

Winter overview.

:) To be continued.
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Continuing...

Year 19

Haven. Pasture has been built; waiting for sheep merchant.

Castle Rock and Haven.

Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Gatherer

Continuing...

Year 22

Haven has become a nice home for many families. Still waiting for sheep.

Salem's Lot is being slowly abandoned. I'm moving population towards the south.

Castle Rock. New houses next to the school to accomodate those leaving Salem's Lot.

Castle Rock. Honey production behind the town hall.

Fiat panis.

QueryEverything

Wow!  Had to pin a shot on my Pinterest acc, hope you don't mind (it links back here) ... just gorgeous @Gatherer :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Gatherer

Continuing...

Year 24

Castle Rock with Lortz (left) and Bellman (right) lakes.

Castle Rock and Salem's Lot. More and more people are moving south.

New settlement is being constructed across the river to the south.

Bachman village.

Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Continuing...

Year 25

Castle Rock and Salem's Lot. Only two families still persist north of the canal, waiting for the students to finish school.

Colonists from Salem's Lot are diligently expanding Bachman.

Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Continuing...

Year 26

Salem's Lot has been abandoned. Some barns and stockpiles filled with goods will remain there as an iron reserve for tough winters.

Sheep have arrived in Haven.

Bachman. Colourful houses are becoming a fashion trend here.

Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Continuing...

Year 28

Castle Rock and Haven. Not much has changed here. Current priority is in the south.

Bachman is still far from finished. Soon it will be time to move to the lakeshore.

Fiat panis.