Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Sigtuna - Anders and Ella

Started by Tom Sawyer, May 29, 2017, 04:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turis

Abandoned

Nilla

It must be nice to be a able to make these nice mods.: You play a game, see something missing and .......... make a new building, to use in your game! :) Don't your people need a hospital, soon? ;)

The small rökkur looks great, fit perfect to the other small buildings. This is a perfect blog! Not only nice to read and good to look at the pictures. It even creates new things! :)

kid1293

Another shed!  ;)

Just wait, they are very useful. :)

brads3

wondering what kind of "hospital" NILLA ment you all need.lmao

embx61

Quote from: Nilla on June 08, 2017, 09:45:26 AM
It must be nice to be a able to make these nice mods.: You play a game, see something missing and .......... make a new building, to use in your game! :) Don't your people need a hospital, soon? ;)

The small rökkur looks great, fit perfect to the other small buildings. This is a perfect blog! Not only nice to read and good to look at the pictures. It even creates new things! :)

That is about right @Nilla. It was not directly me though but my wife who also played banished (One of her favorite games BTW) who asked me if I could create a windmill.
I never did 3d modelling before but just looked at some youtube video's to get me started with the basics.

I purchased a mill mesh so I could  hopefully learn from it and adapted it for Banished. I did some funny stuff with the coding just to check stuff out.
Lots of mistakes, redo's, but finally it was done.
The joy you get when it also seem to work in the game and the reaction of my beloved wife when (She never saw the finished one in 3d Max as I was mostly working on it at night when she was a sleep) I loaded the PKM in her game is quite a nice experience.

Then I decided a few days later to release the mill on WoB to give something back to the community as I had downloaded some mods to play with.
Now about 2 years later I still enjoy modding for Banished.

And to stay on topic. Yes, Tom have created something awesome with his the North theme.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]