News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Roxbow

Started by brads3, December 10, 2018, 12:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 13-14

now that we have the iron,a foundry can be built to smelt ores.the laborers are busy moving supplies for city buildings.to supply the city i decided to use 4 markets.these vendors will be busy moving food for the processors as well.a mill with storage is completed.slowly we increase coats and tools.as we gain stone we will continue to supply more constuction projects.

in early summer of year 14,7 new setlers arrive.1 family will build a house and start producing glassthe other will wait and start a forest beyond the thatch hut.the glass maker ran thru 400 sand quickly.a worker was sent to the sand pit.

the village guard never brings back any ale.we think he drinks it himself.we had an outbreak of typhus and then scarlet fever.they cleared up before winter with the herbs the  laborers had found.we managed over 1600 apples from the 2 orchards.next year, 2 more fields of carrots will be planted.

pic 1: grain mill and a market added to the city ,
pic 2: RK foundry

brads3

YEAR 15-16

there is enough room between a stream and the lake for a tiny forester.to get the most food, a gathering  hut and hunter cabin will work the flat land of the forester and thatch hut between 2 mountains. a pair of graduates will hunt and gather.this should increase our meat output.with a forest barn,there will be plenty of storage.a stone bridge will give us acess to land to the east.

the bandits struck again.they rowed over attacked the tower and stole the ale.Veste died in battle.he did manage to injure the bandits and they did not attack the town. his young bride took over as guard and Atttie moved back tot he DS hovel.he is now 16 and will graduate soon.

the villagers are concerned with these never ending deaths.someone suggested raising a pirate flag.the bandits wouldn't dare attack then.that would upset the merchants,however.cannons,muskets,armed ships,more guards... there are many ideas brought up.the debate will continue.we can only hope as 1 child suggested, "maybe the snakes will get them".

WOW before the year is over,the bandits struck again.Karlyn is killed. the ruthless bandits have now killed 4 guards.as protected as the town is,we are in distress.it is disturbing.some of the villagers have talked of moving away,far away.there is even talk that the tower itself is haunted.it will be a long winter with the town under a blanket of fear.

NOTE:
         the safety hole mod doesn't help with everything. it has lessened deaths from mines and diseases.these DS towers  and the native burial grounds do kill bannies frequently.i was surprised 2 guards died so quickly.the only way to stop the deaths is to disable the tower.

pic 1: yr15 production
pic 2: gathering and hunter huts.
pic 3: hunter and gathering radius overlaps thatch
pic 4: 3rd tower death, there would be another death in winter.

Gatherer

Perhaps there's hidden treasure buried somewhere on the land of your future town?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

brads3

YEAR 17-18

during the winter,the villagers worked at building a high speed ship.the sailinng ship will patrol the lake and keep the bandits from rowing across it.at least,the villagers will calm down.the 2 orphans living on the island feel much safer. 

the gathering hut collects 1000 food.a good mix but no wild bees and none of the RK berries.about half the food is pine mod items.the hunter has taken  450 meat.

the RH general TP isn't bringing seeds or livestock.we will have to build 1 for seed and 1 for ivestock. since there are houses already built,RED's farm trader won't fit. i didn't want to supply 3 TP's.not sure if it is just bad luck or a mod order issue that we haven't seen a planter or livestock merchant.there is enough leather from the Styth tower to supply another tailor and ship 2 types of clothing.

pic 1: a fast ship now patrols the lake,this will stop our deaths from bandits
pic 2:yr 17 mid yr  gatherer and hunter outputs
pic 3:end yr outputs
pic 4:expanded tp with seed and livestock traders

brads3

YEAR 19

the bannies called a meeting and shook their heads at me.my math is flawed.i had the food figured to provide 10X the citizens.the city roads layed and supplies are already being moved for buildings.it is a huge differenxce between what the land will provide in food and the city has planned in population.i rechecked my numbers and the bannies are half right.there isn't enough space to feed 2000 bannies, but the main city was planned at 5-600.for a minute i thought i had way over calculated.

12 nomads arrive to add to our labor force.we need many workers.there are 3 families,1 with teen children,1with young children and, 1 mixed. 1 family heads to the forest to add a FO forester and an herbalist.3 workers head to the random mine to bring in more stone.2 houses will be built near the foundry and more fields need to be cleared. an orchard can be planted with peach trees.

pic 1:herbalist
pic 2:more miner houses

brads3

YEAR 20 REVIEW

population now at 90 with 48 workers and 48% educated. we have almost 400 glass and over 200 lumber put away for the city construction.both mines have 3 workers and another 3 work between 2 forests to cut logs.there are 3 trading posts.our health has dropped due to a lack of meat.

we survived 2 disease outbreaks, but the only deaths were caused by the bandits.we will need more stone to start building the city.

pic 1:yr20 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: log graph

Gatherer

Your log situation looks bad. I see you're burning thatch to heat homes instead of firewood.
Fiat panis.

brads3

some of the logs is already cut into lumber. the foresters wil catch logs up.we'll run low on stone then iron then iron ore..... always something

brads3

YEAR 20

a stone quarry will be dug and more worker houses built.while it is being dug we'll collect iron ore.soon we will need yet another mine.  the foundry will need to smelt copper before the hospital can be built.
             our 1st city education center is completed.the MG center will hold 88 students.we decide to add a walnut granny park beside it to help increase our protein.
           the livestock trading post emptied all its stock but gained 4 chickens.they will stay in the holding pen.before they multiply and fill it we should find them another pasture. these chickens didnt want to leave the RH livestock TP.knowing others have had issues with animals getting stuck i saved the game,set the TP to be tore down,and the chickens walked off quickly.canceled the tear down as soon as the chickens walked off. no big deal,i will have to watch to see if it happens again.maybe i should have left a space between the TPs.

pic 1:RK stone quarry
pic 2: MG school
pic 3: chickens

brads3

YEAR 21-22

work starts on the north city market,gunsmith,and blacksith.2 stone wharehouses will store the muskets.we also finish the townhall to get a better look at the production numbers.

1 miner was killed in a cave in.these deaths are slowing progress.the fewer laborers, the less that gets done.we keep stockpiling lumber,glass,and other supplies.we traded for pepper seed.

listening to the modders,we have been select cutting patches instead of clear cutting.this will save logs for later by allowing the trees a better chance to spread and spawn more trees.this is working so the trees near the city center are growing back faster and thicker.we will need those to build faster later.plus we can stones and iron ore at the same time.

pic 1:RH BS and wharehouses,this fails as it needs furnace fuel.
pic 2: city TH

Abandoned

:)  I like that bear in the forest in that last picture  :)

Garden shed foresters are very handy to plant and cut trees in small places close to where you need the wood.  If short of workers, you can switch one worker back and forth, plant in 2 or 3 places, then come back to cut.  :)

brads3

yep,i have used them for some towns.by selecting patches and not clear cutting all the trees, they did grow back fast enough to keep us supplied awhile.plus once i started to build the city i knew they woud need more logs again.

brads3

YEAR 23-24

we have enough lumber and glass to start building the city houses.as much as it never works well for me,i will try a 2% nomad sign.we hit 100 population so thesign should only bring 2 bannies.hopefully the sign doesnt send huge groups.this will give a population boost for laborers yet maintain around a 50% education level. i want to get 1 side of houses started to see how much space they will take up. any space i can save to the south will mean more food. if it works it will save 1 house section width on all 4 sides of the city.over 10x24 spaces each side.plus the end areas.
         27 nomads arrive at the mini townhall.they can stay and build the city.we wont be able to accept more until these are oved out of the boardinghouses.1 fires up the foundry to smelt copper.1 begins to make muskets.1 is sent to move supplies to the markets.2 went fishing for trout.the fishermen and a peach orchard will help to supply some of their food.

ok,the plan worked but didn't.by flipping 2 and 3 story houses,the top lines up better.the balconey doors are hiden behind the walls though.i now have 3 families living in a 4x3 space,3 stories high.

mod order issue,dang it.the CC frontier is toward the bottom.KID's mods that would produce muskets need furnace fuel which i can't even produce.ill have to build the frontier BS,and adjust the mod order next time.

pic 1: RK 3story house
pic 2: RK 2 and 3 story houses in a tight row,note walls do cover the balcony doors
pic 3: roof lines up but overlap blocks windows,
pic 4: muskets require furnace fuel,
pic 5: a look at the trees from the mixed mods.

Gatherer

::) I don't think that's how the 3-story houses were meant to be built. ::)
Fiat panis.