News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Chunkerview

Started by brads3, April 14, 2019, 09:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 65

another fishing pier was added to the wood dock.the stone dock extedned into the shoreline and added a bakery.it will make rice cakes with the rice flour and honey.the stone church was completed.

it has been a colder year so work was slower.the CC dock did finish a water scaveneger.he has already found 1 pearl.

now, NILLA memtions cutting orchards. I do not have a dropoff of fruit from the orchards without cutting them. is it the "forget about orchard" mod or the RK that causes it? not sure, but "if its not broke don't fix it". the orchard mod  isn't causing any bad issues,so i leave it alone. it doesn't affect all the RK orchards but does seem to help some of them. the mod is suppose to do 2 things. allow the orchards to produce fruit sooner and not have to be cut every few years. there are a lot of these small old mods out there that have huge affects.

the last 2 houses built, singles moved in. why did that happen? the bannies have issues with building dock vllages. you do not want to try building any doc without several builders. the bannie will go out to the far doc and build it then be stuck out there, where a normal person will build from the shore out ,the bannies does the opposite.heve they will go homeless. a child was homeless and now a 15 yr old has lost his mind and forgotten which house is his. winter came before we could build the dock around the corner for those 2 houses. while building the dock villages they will go homeless back and forth between the workers.once it warms up, we will build more docks,these 2 will most likely move out and couples will move in.  if you had 1 builder and he got stuck,you would need to send more builders to rescue him.if you didn't catch it soon enough,he will starve.

just to build the bridge took some work to coax them. the bannies did not want to work there.the dock had to be extended out to it.then they had to put dirt in the lake so they could walk out to the bridge.the only time bannies like to swim is when they decide to run and hide.they willl swim across a stream and then walk all the way around it to get back.  you will find them hungry and cold waundering a long ways off. 

they have a nethanderal brain setting that makes them do weird things at odd times.note i said "brain setting".  it has been proven that there are times they have a higher intelligence than us. if you see them do something very bery intelligent,save your game and let us know. the game has mysteries yet to be solved.

pic 1: yr 65 inventory and food graph
pic 2: 2nd wood fishing dock
pic 3: CC water scavenger
pic 4: stone chuch
pic 5: bakery and  mill storage
oic 6: dock bachelors

brads3

YEAR 66

I knew we were behind on buiding houses,but i didnt realize it was this bad. several have moved into the boardinghouse.what makes the most sence is to finish the work at the docks and then add houses and fields to the colonial village next year. we will need to come back to complete the CC dock.

a blacksmith was built to make steel tools.he will keep all the dock workers suplied.the stone dock was anchored back to shore again and more farms added. an old salty was planned to process the fish.the CC dock added a rice planter. the CC dock houses can be built on land.thier village pushes into the shoreline farther.

as expected families moved into the dock houses.even thou we built enough houses to empty the boardinghouse,more bannies moved into it. contruction of the docks has gone slower than i expected.even with wider docks the bannies are taing time to move materials.each year,more trees have been cut along the shore.efforts and ideas to speed the construction did not work.

pic 1: boardinghouse families
pic 2: CC rice
pic 3: dock blacksmith.note the homelessness continues
pic 4: CC houses work on land or water,other parts will as well
pic 5: families moved in
pic 6:stone dock farms and an old salty for the fish
pic 7: overview from the monastery village

Artfactial

Love those dock-works.:) It's great how well the RK wooden docks and CC shanty stuff works together. DS's Jetty&bridge stuff tends to be a bit more modern looking but great to throw into the mix as well.
I still have to do anything with the RK stone dock-work buildings, but they look great! Planning on making a city extension in the water with those.

brads3

they didn't start that way we twisted RED's arms to get steps so they work together now.LOL  i like that the CC pieces are flexible and will go on shore.they sit just high enough to do that without seeing the dock part.the barns store so many different items that they are handy and the herbalist grows herbs without a radious.very handy piece inside forts.

i still have more to do over there i had to pull out due to overcrowding.need to catch up the housing count.

did you see the last map i did with KID's castle and the dock moat? used lots of stone and a lot of terraforming land.

here is a neat dock for you i pulled this from the ROXBOW map.

Artfactial

I hadn't seen those yet, I'll track back through them. Very inspiring.:)

brads3

YEAR 67

with so many items in the inventory,i knew  there would be adjustments after i left the dock village. i did raise the textile limit along the way. due to using some older mods,that limit does contain a lot of stuff.half of it is leather from all the pastures.we traded for 2000 meals many years ago.nobody wants to eat them they are not tagged as luxury or alcohol.i did check and they are stored as food.some has been moved into markets.bannies are being picky eaters.

more glass and feathers can be shipped.there is enough fertilizer to support another RK greenhouse.the bannies did use most of the pelts and flax up.the only pine boughs are still being collected more than the pine village can process.

with all the clear roads and the combo forest gardeners,much of the regrowth is under control.the gardener near the colonial cemetary will move farher north.     the other moves north east.together they will deal with growth closer to the lake.while the builders construct houses, the laborers clear and plow 7 more fields.we also add 2 more beekeepers to increase our honey for the bakers.

we finished our 20th church. a stone RK was set along the south road. everyone moved out of the boardinghouse before winter. 2 fields of wheat,2 of sugar beets, 1 pea,1 roots,and 1 strawberry will be planted next spring.we are graduating bannies so fast we need 30 more houses.

pic 1: progress of the combo gardener
pic 2: east fields,note we got the pea field planted. work went quicker since the gardener had most of the trees cut already.

pic 3:RK stone church and Boston houses
pic 4: 2 more beekeepers

brads3

YEAR 68

the schools are almost fullanother colonial school is built. it was set near the RK wood church.we work to make a big housing push. land is cleared for berry ochards.they will form the east edge of the colonial village,extending south from the lake.we increased to 25 builders and 100 laborers.a GF jamhouse was built to process strawberry jam with the honeythe plantation village switches to apple fruit jam.

8 more orchards and 2 fields will be planted next year.to finish the 9 houses,we had to cut more lumber.food production shows +13,000 to the good.

pic 1: northeast school
pic 2:GF jamhouse
pic 3 Pilgrim houses
pic 4:far east orchards
pic 5: Boston 2 houses

brads3

YEAR 69

i thought about going north to the pine village and expanding it.another kiln and turpentine still would use the extra pine boughs.however i think the time can be better spent elsewhere.half the pine boughs is sent to the trading posts.a combo gardener will work the northern half of the plantation village and clear trees for it and the pine village.

a word of caution for anyone using the combo foresters.they can be placed anywhere including inside buildings or middle of crop fields.so far i have been lucky and have not had an issue. if you place this inside a building, you won't be able to access it nor control it.

now that food production is under control again,i want to head back to the docks and finish the CC docks.the water shrine will finish the dock churches. a CC rice still was built also.the laborers will need to cut more trees to supply the logs.they werr sent to clear for the next village.

the builders completed a CC herb grower and the dock market.

pic 1:overview of the monastery village
pic 2:  food outputs of the docks
pic 3:clearing west of the production village
pic 4: CC water shrine
pic 5: herb grower
pic 6: CC market, even with a dock base it can be used on land

brads3

YEAR 70 REVIEW

population 957,over 90% educatedthere are 222 houses food. production has improved.the docks used up a lot of our logs and iron.there are too many laborers without jobs and not enough houses.

population growth is stable at around 20 a year.once i realized the dilema the colonial village was putting this in,i did work to slow the growth down. i didn't want to get near the map killer crash point.with all the calculations for more crops and items,i had concerns. with more laborers,i hoped construction and expansion would be faster.priority is to complete alll the churches.

we finished 4 more churches.the 3 dock churches plus the RK stone.uness i forgot 1 somewhere,there are 5 yet to be built. the triple dock village was a huge project. the eastern half of the map has expanded as far as it will. after 2 and a half months,i am finally nearing the end.

there is an obstacle left.the only way i find to justify the next churches,is to send the bannies into hostile territory.

pic 1: year 70 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: food and population graphs
pic 5: trading post stocks and payoff of the wool chain
pic 6: south colonial overview
pic 7: east central overview
pic 8: northeast
pic 9: SW
pic 10: west central 

brads3

YEAR 70

nomads who waundered into town from the west told stories aboutseeing other villages. even thou the nomads were hungry,they avoided these villages.often they would travel at night.they had moved far away and around the area.

in all our years,we have never seen anyone or been attacked. by now, the youngsters grew up and passed stories of their travels down to thei children. some say they heard voices that they could not understand.some tell of fighting and sounds of terror.others say it was dark and quiet. too quiet,not even the sound of an owl or hawk.1 swears he saw a body or at least bones.all report a heavy feeling of death and fear.

as the stories have spread,they were added to.by now it is hard to tell what was fact and what was imagination. these rumors have started to worry other citizens.is the place haunted? are there people there that might attack us? could there be captured bannies?

a group of scouts will be sent to locate these villages.the women would only agree to that if we built armed guard towers to insure we don't get attacked.while the scouts head out to search and investigate, work begins on a gate,walls,and armed guard towers.a meeting spot was located for the scouts to return to. due to the rumors and stories,someone erected a cross over the meeting spot. the mmini church is completed.a wagonload of food and supplies was moved and a bunkhouse was built for the scouts.

everyone anxiously waited but the scouts did not return all year. the tower guards do report seeing smoke from fires off and on. is it from the scouts or someone else,they can not tell. the trees are so tall and thick,the guards can not see any buildings.

pic 1: mini church
pic 2: supply market and barracks
pic 3 cannons and star forts
pic 4: view from the towers,

brads3

YEAR 71

the scouts returned as soon as the snow melted in early spring.one group had spotted strange buildings and a ship wreck.the other group had located a burial spot with a body that was half buried.they also reported a strange statue or tree. both reported the underbrush was very thick of briars and wild rose.they had to travel slow and crawl their way thru as quietly as possable.they did keep their distance even thou they had not seen nor heard anyone.it was indeed quiet this made them even more cautious as any sound would have echoed thru the trees.

they were glad to be back to civilization and for a peaceful nights sleep.they described the unique structures they had saw. what 1 group had spotted was very different than the other. the scouts were given a month off to rest and visit their families.they stocked up on supplies and headed back out to investigate further.soon after they left a storm rolled in it got darker than it had ever been and very gloomy.

we continued with building guard towers.a lookout tower was built closer to the dock villages.if their was trouble, everyone would be alerted quickly. as our guards kept watch,the laborers felt safer to cut more trees beyond the walls.

the merchants again have been hauling everything except what is neededwe ony took on 4000 food. the small trader was stocking slowleather coats was taken off their supply list in hopes that they woud stock the other extra goods faster. instead they are now stocking even slower than before.luckily the 4000 was enough to put us ahead for the year.the extra gathering the farmers did paid off well.

pic 1:shipwreck and tower
pic 2: burial ground, counted as a church since it is religous even thou it doesn't function as 1
pic 3:totem pole
pic 4: longhouse
pic 5: more log cutting
pic 6:north starfort
pic 7:lookout tower for the docks

brads3

YEAR 72

KABOOM,KABOOM!!!    before i was totally awake, i was half way to the docks .luckily i had remembered to grab my coat and slippers as i hurried out the door.we were under attack. both cannons from the docks had been fired.

i approached the docks with my musket ready. why had there been only 2 shots? the fishermen had all been given muskets. there was a lot of loud voices and commotion but no ginfire. a pirate ship was being tied up to the stone dock. on board were several of our scouts.luckily for them the cannons had missed their target.       the scouts had found the Bloody Mary anchored near 1 of the villages.they had made some repairs and waited for the ice to melt.

the scouts had found no one at the villages.there was a church,tavern and several workshops at the 1.the other had workshops, another storage barn, and a cropfield. both were overgrown with trees and bushes.they had located papers and books but were not able to read the strange writing. where the inhabitants had gone or why they left  was still unknown.they had left supplies. the shipwreck was full of supplies. it appeared to have been damaged on purpose.the pirates had brought it there and then shot holes in it. yet they  had not unloaded it.

the other scout group had stayed behind they had found seeds to plant the field and would inventory the supplies.the buildings were useable but both villages needed to be cleared of brush.the pirate ship will haul goods and more workers back and forth. it would leave in the fall and return in sprinig.

now that they felt safe again,the CC fort village grew.more workers were send to help at the lost villages. a parish church was built beside the barracks.the bannies built more workshops and a rabbit hutch. even the nomad children felt safe enough to visit where their parents had crossed the river. tents were still there from the 2 scout groups.it was now a workcamp for laborers working to clear debris and thorn bushes.

another storage barn was needed at the dock village. our wagon maker has been busy.more wagons were needed to move the many goods. there is enough fertilizer for a 5th RK greenhouse.

only 1 more church is left to be built. did i miss any?

pic 1: cannons fired
pic 2: pirate ship docked
pic 3: 2nd longhouse and cropfield
pic 4: pirate chuch and tavern
pic 5: CC fort parish
pic 6: 2nd rabbit hutch
pic 7: new stone dock barn and wagon
pic 8: original nomad crossing and wrokcamp
pic 9: 5th RK greenhouse

brads3

YEAR 73

good morning. after being growled at yesterday for just asking a few questions,i wasn't sure i cared to open the game. i did decide to finish this map since their was only 1 church to be built. we had traded for the needed materials. the huge RK Cathedral completes all the churches.

some of you may remember the TOWN map from a few years ago. i had intended to built at least 1 of every building and part of every mod i had enabled. the map went quite well until it hit the max end crash.i  was setting up a village to build all the churches in 1 location when i reached it. the crash happens when the population or graphics and game calculations hit a certain point that the computer can not handle the game any longer. there is no way to continue maps after that point. all the churches was 1 of only 2 sets that were not completed.

from then to now,mods have changed. back then there were bigger and more churches than the mods i have now. maybe in a few days i will feel up to trying to go back and finish the final part of the TOWNS map. that part is cursed.

i did think by now that i deserved more respect than to be told to play the game "as intended" or with only 1 mod. if we all played as intended why the hell did we come here? the game was not made originally to use mods. to me that is like telling us we are all idiots. at the moment the solution seems to be to not ask qestions and to stop using certain mods.

sorry for the rant. i will now go sit in the corner.

pic 1: RK Cathedral,the last church finally competed. umm do i need to apologize for the other 100 or so mods in this pic?

kid1293

I have a problem with my temper that's a fact, but growling?  ;D

Sorry if all went sideways yesterday. I'll be careful.

I seldom comment on blogs. I like your towns. I like the variation.
You build large with a lot of space in the towns. Nice layout.

You contribute with a lot of testing that is tedious to do but sometimes
I can not follow your explanations. (I haven't seen the problems myself)

I guess we will miss you if you stay in the corner :)

Nilla

Well done!

I hope you are not upset by me; I usually say those things to you about your "crazy" way of using mods but I´m sure you know, I really don´t mean it. In fact, I´m glad that there are people like you out there trying to make the impossible possible. Maybe I need to say that too sometimes and I would definitely miss you if you put yourself in the corner. Who should I be nasty to, if you did? ;)