News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Maple Sap

Started by kid1293, February 27, 2019, 01:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

I am working on some maple syrup and have come across a small problem.
I have maple sap and I use Necora's models and and numbers.

He has the sap under textile flag. It works but it does not seem right.
Changing the flag will make my mod incompatible. I can make a patch for Necora's mod
but what is your opinion on how to solve this the best way.

The closest flag is Custom4 (Materials)

hopledor

Hi Kid!

Maybe you know this, CC has also maple sap and maple Sirup. Both are food (fruit). And so incompatible with Necora's.
A patch making the 3 mods compatible would be great if it's possible.
Sure, textile as a flag for maple doesn't seem right. Material or food, I don't know.
As there are already many items under material flag in Pine Set mod, it could be the explanation for the choice of a different flag.

Abandoned

:) maple sap would not be edible so not food, material would be better then textile.    Maple syrup is food and can be eaten.

Jinxiewinxie

I'm not Canadian but I'm like 99% sure they don't walk around wearing maple sap, even though maple is an iconic national symbol for 'em XD

hopledor

@Abandoned
I read people from Korea drink maple sap rather than making maple sirup but ok I see your point :)
And in CC maple sap is food but not edible. Not sure how confusing it is when it comes to the numbers displayed.

Abandoned

:)  Maple trees here where I live in Wisconsin have just been tapped - nobody I know of eats or wears the sap   ;D

I don't know if patch can be made for cc only for Necora's.  @kid1293 would have to answer that.

kid1293

I'll have to check CC resources. Later today.

RedKetchup

i need to search about the "sap thing" because for me , as a french canadian from quebec prov. the water from the maple tree is edible and you can lower the quantity of H2O and make it more like a syrup
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

Here the sap is boiled to make syrup - sap from tree is not eaten.  Sugar Maple is State Tree of Wisconsin  :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on February 27, 2019, 06:43:09 AM
Here the sap is boiled to make syrup - sap from tree is not eaten.  Sugar Maple is State Tree of Wisconsin  :)

thisa is not super good if you dont reduce the water by boiling... but still edible.
you wont get poisoned... although everything in super excess everything can be mortal ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Jinxiewinxie

Quote from: Abandoned on February 27, 2019, 06:43:09 AM

Wait wait wait.. its the STATE TREE and ya'll aren't running around with sap clothes and sap for breakfast like our bannies do? XD Where's the enthusiasm? lol

Abandoned

;D The trees are wearing blue sap collecting bags now, does that count?  If I had to be out there in the cold and snow collecting the sap I would be wearing some I'm sure  :D

Freedom

It's true 'textile' may not be a perfect choice in a game where we make allowances and compromises all the time anyway, but I'm not sure 'materials' is the way to go.

1. Materials are stored in stockpiles and it does not feel right to store maple sap next to bricks, lumber, glass and other materials on the ground out in the open.
2. If I have a kiln near the water beside my clay pit, I do not want bannies carrying bricks across the map to the far maple forest/orchard because I put a material stockpile near where the sap is harvested.
3. If I am getting sap from a forest, I may have a hunter nearby and have leather (textile) to store anyways.

I kind of like the CC solution of calling it a food, non-edible or not, because it does not store in stockpiles and almost any barn or storage will accept food.

Just my thoughts anyways. In the end I look forward to using the mod no matter what flag is used. And optional compatibility fixes are always nice.  ;D

kid1293

To end this I decided to go with CC solution. Non-edible fruit.
Stores in barn and it makes more sense.

galensgranny

That was a good solution, Kid.  So, you will be making a way for us to make maple syrup.   :)   Next we need the blacksmiths to make waffle irons, so we can have waffles with maple syrup.  ;D   Or, you can make a Waffle House restaurant, along the lines of your Pizza Hat!  ;D