News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village v1.1

Started by Discrepancy, September 16, 2016, 06:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

So work has been difficult with the major final part to the DSSV 107 releases: DS Small Village - Production.

I am still struggling with resolving an issue of crashing when using the new decorative flags I've added. I have re-written the code and re-compiled the the models so many times. I take breaks from it for a few days and come back thinking I've worked it out, but to no avail, so many hours...days wasted.

Anyway the production part will be the largest of the DSSV mods.
I have recently worked on the Village Water Pump, it requires construction on the waters edge:

I made a smaller Village Gruel Kitchen:

I've also improved many of the models, added AO and spent a lot of time working on production costs & times and new resource values.

RedKetchup

great looking here on the water pomp :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Very nice work @Discrepancy

Leonardo Da Vinci would approve the water pump :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Discrepancy

Thanks. I really enjoyed making it actually.

I still want to add some braces to the water wheel, then I think the model will be done.

RedKetchup

let me know if you need this thread to be moved on 1.0.7
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

If something isn't working then you could just leave it out for now and try again another time. Decorative flags? It sounds like they are optional and won't impact overall functionality. So when everything else is ready perhaps just release it without the problem items.  :)

Paeng

Love the village water pump!

Quote from: embx61 on March 30, 2017, 08:45:14 PMLeonardo Da Vinci would approve the water pump :)

:D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Discrepancy

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 31, 2017, 08:27:09 AM
let me know if you need this thread to be moved on 1.0.7
Not yet. I think it can stay here as I haven't released it yet for 107 and just using as a WIP page.
but thanks :)

Quote from: elemental on March 31, 2017, 02:13:17 PM
If something isn't working then you could just leave it out for now and try again another time. Decorative flags? It sounds like they are optional and won't impact overall functionality. So when everything else is ready perhaps just release it without the problem items.  :)
I might just do this. I am going to spend a bit more time on it this weekend, and either finished or not, I will release a version next week.

Quote from: Paeng on March 31, 2017, 02:49:47 PM
Love the village water pump!

Nilla

This pump is exciting. It makes you want to enter that little house to see how it works! :)

taniu

Nilla

I just downloaded a bunch of your new/reworked mods; hard testing to come!  :-\

Just one question; you had some new maps and starting conditions, I didn't find any of them in your reworked mods. Did I miss anything? Do you have any new plans here?

Discrepancy

Hello Nilla, yes I did have different maps and start conditions. They have not been updated yet.

I will incorporate into the full DSSV mod I will put together soon, but I'm open for ideas about this. and what kind of start conditions players would like.

Should I release them as a standalone?

elemental

Standalone starting conditions is a good idea. Not sure if that includes map types, but if not then standalone map types would also be a good idea.

Nilla

The way you have made your mods right now, in many small units, I think the maps and starting conditions ought to be one as well, if it's not too much extra work.

taniu

@Discrepancy.a standalone -Yes . DS Small Village: Production - Mod fantastic :)thank you