News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Call of Nature

Started by kid1293, January 16, 2017, 12:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanypredator

Quote from: elemental on January 24, 2017, 04:48:48 AM
I just posted over on the CC forum about water plants. How about some duckweed, water lilies, water hyacinth and that sort of thing? Purely for decoration.

I'm working on water lilies and water hyacinth at the moment :) Just don't have enough time.

kid1293

A lot of ideas! :)

@elemental - I rush you over to tany, she said she wanted water plants.
But I think she is too busy right now. You wait and see.
I see she already answered.

@Abandoned - Still into magic? Well, it seems like a nice thing
and it probably is. My concern is with a massive tree I would maybe have
to make it as a separate mod. Those branches and leaves eats
computer resources and are pretty large too. Forest Deep would be a lot bigger.

Something along the lines of my Tree Stump? But with a complete tree? Wow!  ::)
2 floors or 3? Just kidding, I will have to experiment to pull this off.

...and he wandered off to think and having a coffee.

Abandoned

Tree does not have to be huge or massive, normal size or even smaller, it's magical :D  Just magical colorings or blossoms.

Enjoy coffee break

Tom Sawyer

Stealing eggs from sweet little songbirds I find not ok.^^

But the new tree from Kid looks great. Something tropical. And I'm curious about new plants by Tany. :)

kid1293

Hmmm. I see your point. Chickens don't live in the forest either so
eggs from 'sweet little songbirds' are off limit.  ;)

BTW. Tom, you made some changes to the ground in the North.
Do you think it is possible to create a wet-land area?
I was thinking about peat-bogs.

Maybe some Scotch longing for a peat-bog...

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on January 24, 2017, 03:14:05 PM
Hmmm. I see your point. Chickens don't live in the forest either so
eggs from 'sweet little songbirds' are off limit.  ;)

no, maybe partridges ? :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

TheOtherMicheal

Along with partridge, you could have pheasant and grouse and anywhere there is water you could have swans and geese (not just ducks) so there's a few birds you could have producing eggs in the forest.

kid1293

You can surely find different birds in the forest in real life.
But where are they in Banished?
I must hold on to some point of reality if I want to work with the game.
If I open the door to eggs from birds I can't see, I can not say no to
producing furs or different metals the magical way.

Tom Sawyer

Hm, I would not steal eggs from patridges or pheasant too. I would take the animals Haha. So to hunt some "wild chickens" I would not mind. Maybe a repainted vanilla chicken in the way of the reindeer. Black in the North like capercaillies or black grouses if I m right. But the shape is not right, could look weird for a bit. Like chickens escaped from the coop.^^

Boggy ground we have in a way @kid1293. There are these areas with bog iron covered with birch trees. I think it could be connected with a sound or at least with spawning some other typical plants. But just for decoration a bit overdone imo. The crane calls are connected to water, named as wetlands in the modkit. So a swampy landscape is possible in a way I think but limited. Peat is a good idea I think. Could be digged from the ground as fuel instead of firewood. In peat-holes using the quarry function. It would fit better in a Scottish or Irish theme without forests. We talked about it. But I guess such a scene is not in your mind for call of nature. :)

Abandoned

Oh sure, steal their eggs and kill the birds, no wonder there are no birds in this game.  Maybe the chickens should be put on the endangered species list with the whooping cranes. Throw those scarecrows on Red's bonfire!  I hear CC has a lot of noisy birds over there!  Don't make me go there.  :'( :) :-\

kid1293

No eggs! But a lot of other stuff.
Here's to you @Abandoned - A magical garden!

Abandoned

Oh my gosh @kid1293, look at that, and the picket fence too.  That is just wonderful, a magical garden.  Thank you so much.  I can't wait to see what's in it. Any BBQ Chicken?!?  ;D Only kidding.  Going to go download and start new map.  Thank you. 

That is some good coffee you've been drinking :)  Peat bog sounds interesting.

kid1293

Yes, the coffee was good. Excellent for figuring out what to do next.
I guess I need a lot of that now, head is empty.

There will be no more in Forest Deep. I guess I have stuffed it all full.

Most of all thanks for the many suggestions and the continuing support.  :)

phyllida

Love the Forest Deep and all the buildings and appreciate your hard work,  but I'm having trouble with the magical garden. No matter when I build it even right at the very beginning it always comes up with the production limit reached icon. I've raised herbs fuel and food right up to ridiculous amounts and it makes no difference. I wondered if the gatherer was conflicting with it so disabled my gatherers but still comes up with production limits reached...don't know what else to try now. Any suggestions?