News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Trap Line

Started by Nominix, February 10, 2017, 05:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

about fishermen, they produce fish from nothing just like my towers. there is no "fish population" in the water. i think we can reproduce a "fake" circle but the purpose of them are very specific and hard coded inside the game

i would think though, there would surely a way to make spawn traps (with dead animal trapped in it) only at a certain "temperature" (and not time). natural resources like berries, onion mushrooms... spawn between a range of temperature and usually when starting to be too cold, they dispawn and stop respawning till temp is back over certain numbers. i think the opposite can be done by playing with numbers , negative numbers :)

Luke the developper had no idea of how to animate things at begining, so he learned in a certain way and he made his code to work with his "special" way ^^ coding animations is already hard, and i did bought an animated mesh back at begining , for nothing, cause it was made as they most do it, and was not the way Luke learned ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

Quote from: Necora on February 10, 2017, 08:42:18 PM
-----
Well, I believe that fishermen still catch a resource that is 'live' in the water, you just don't see it. That is how it is effected by area and other buildings etc. In fact, I think that is something that the vanilla game did well, there is no building that produces something from nothing, they are all limited in some way. The shore huts etc. however, they produce something from nothing based on the Apiary code. There is no input, no radius, no cost asides from work time. It would be very easy to code this up, but I think I would rather get away from that and find ways of making my food production buildings a bit more costly, even if it is just an input like grain, or traps, or nets etc. Having the fur and meat harvested in a radius from spawned resources will do this, just with the gatherer.

I like the idea of warrens and nests, I never thought about that! You could even spawn a beaver lodge on the shore.

That would be excellent and perhaps tied with the temperatures idea that @RedKetchup suggested (which is how I assume the fields work), then @Nominix idea about trapping different animals in different seasons would work.

There's (I assume) splicing of code & branching different parts, but, could it be done?

I like the feel of this :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Necora

@RedKetchup oh right, I thought that there was at least something in the code that you fished, that was the reason given for not being able to fish anything other than 'fish'.

Also, do you know how to make a natural resource drop two items rather than 1?

I coded this up as a gatherer, and I can make 'NaturalResourceBeaver' turn into 'RawMaterialPelt' OR 'RawMaterialGame' but I want it to be harvested as 'RawMaterialPelt' AND 'RawMaterialGame'... so 'NaturalResourceBeaver' turns into two items when harvested not one. Is this possible?

I tried stealing the bit of code from the cows, where they turn into leather and beef once killed, but that didn't do anything, infact the trappers would harvest the beaver, but produce nothing.

RedKetchup

i never played with the natural ressources yet....

but i can check at some point :)

Necora

No worries, I send a message to Kralyerg, if any one knows it is him!

Nominix

Are prices on the trader fixed/static or is there any way to make them variable ?

Edit - or should I say...is there some way to change them during runtime?

RedKetchup

traders : trading posts ?

Nominix

RedKetchup

they most keep it same but

if you place a specific order in the tab order, they will ask you like +50%

if it is the food merchant, he will accept firewood only at lower cost (like giving you 3 instead of 4)
but thats mostly that.

Nominix

So then its not really possible to do something like prices based on supply and demand? Short supply and or high demand means higher prices, too much supply and or low demand means lower prices.

Necora

Quote from: Nominix on February 11, 2017, 12:47:18 PM
So then its not really possible to do something like prices based on supply and demand? Short supply and or high demand means higher prices, too much supply and or low demand means lower prices.

You can't change the values in game, you'd have to change the template file then add it as a mod. I guess you could code up a few mods with varying values if you wanted to aim at a few resources. It will be a lot of work though, each individual resource has its own template file, within which is a trade value number. This is the number that needs to be changed, for every resource you are interested in changing during game play. You can then package it up as a few mods of different values, and you might be able to swap them in and out as you go in the mod menu, re loading the game each time.

Nominix

ok thank you both for the answers.

brads3

the north mod works like that. TOM changed the values due to the climate and far northern location.some food is more valued than others.

QueryEverything

Quote from: Necora on February 11, 2017, 09:27:17 AM
Also, do you know how to make a natural resource drop two items rather than 1?

I coded this up as a gatherer, and I can make 'NaturalResourceBeaver' turn into 'RawMaterialPelt' OR 'RawMaterialGame' but I want it to be harvested as 'RawMaterialPelt' AND 'RawMaterialGame'... so 'NaturalResourceBeaver' turns into two items when harvested not one. Is this possible?

I tried stealing the bit of code from the cows, where they turn into leather and beef once killed, but that didn't do anything, infact the trappers would harvest the beaver, but produce nothing.

@Necora  how is the deer coded?  It drops leather, venison & bonemeal, and it's freerange.  That may be different than cattle, as cattle you are farming, but the deer, you are hunting?
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Necora

Quote from: QueryEverything on February 11, 2017, 03:29:11 PM
@Necora  how is the deer coded?  It drops leather, venison & bonemeal, and it's freerange.  That may be different than cattle, as cattle you are farming, but the deer, you are hunting?

The same way as cows and things... I copied that bit of code over but nothing was produced when harvested... unless I have messed something else up but I didn't change anything else apart from the mesh and UI.