News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Linen Production - tanypredator

Started by tanypredator, May 30, 2016, 04:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Hi Tany, linen production is a really good idea and had a great importance in earlier times. The plant looks nice and very authentic.

I have a suggestion for it. Flax is actually a crop. It's cultivated for thousands of years. It could grown in a field by the farmers, further processed by your weaver to linen (textile) and then tailored by the tailor to linen clothes. The extraction of linseed oil could be yet another line of your linen production. :)

tanypredator

Thank you, @Tom Sawyer!

I have planned to add flax as a crop in a further versions, but I don't want to add any intermediate products, I don't want to change the game's idea of production (which has no long chains). That is for big mods like CC, I just want some more biodiversity :)

RedKetchup

THANKS YOU ALOT for your contributions :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

tanypredator

@RedKetchup, it is very interesting, and it is great to get help and approval from such experienced modders! The only problem is that I want to play, but I don't want to play without all that mods that I'm going to make  ;D

kid1293

Fantastic! An overlooked area in the game.

No more mushroom, mushroom, onion, mushroom...

:)

tanypredator

I could not have done it without your help, @kid1293! I hope that the result will add some fun to your game too :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: tanypredator on May 30, 2016, 07:20:56 AM
@RedKetchup, it is very interesting, and it is great to get help and approval from such experienced modders! The only problem is that I want to play, but I don't want to play without all that mods that I'm going to make  ;D

the things when we start modding ...

we get way more interested to make mod than really playing lol.

we always say to ourself : i will love to play with my mods... but in fact ... we never go back to just play lol ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Turis

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 30, 2016, 08:54:29 AM
Quote from: tanypredator on May 30, 2016, 07:20:56 AM

the things when we start modding ...

we get way more interested to make mod than really playing lol.

we always say to ourself : i will love to play with my mods... but in fact ... we never go back to just play lol ^^

That's one of the reasons why I don't want to get into modding.

DesoPL

Flax can be harvested now by herbralists? Hmmm i wonder if this mod is compatible with CC, because Flax there is an crop?

kid1293

Many of our mods are meant for people who don't use CC.

Gatherer

Quote from: kid1293 on May 30, 2016, 01:12:49 PM
Many of our mods are meant for people who don't use CC.
And we fully appreciate it.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Turis

tanypredator

@DesoPL, in my mod flax is gathered by gatherers assigned to the new building - "flax gatherer". It's true that my mods are not for CC, but from what I've read, they may be compatible, just indicate conflict in mod window (but I never checked it). In the next version flax will become a crop too, that must be even more uncompatible.

About this idea - how much must be a production of clothes per one 10*10 field? What about 10 units?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: tanypredator on May 30, 2016, 08:08:25 PM
About this idea - how much must be a production of clothes per one 10*10 field? What about 10 units?

That's a good question. It went through my mind when I wrote it is a crop. Compare it with a 10x10 sheep pasture ... I think, Flax should be more productive per 100 tiles as sheep but not owerpowered of course.