News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

No Idling in hospitals, and maybe a small clinic?

Started by Bobbi, September 08, 2014, 03:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangaea

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 10, 2014, 10:59:19 AM
the first line compile everything into binary files : it makes your /bin directory and put all your line into binary files aka .crs (your line codes are in txt .rsc)

the second line take all the binary files and do a package with it ( aka your .pkm package)

so if you put your files are in \example\NoIdle

then your .bat should look :

bin\Tools-x64.exe /build NoIdleResources.rsc /pathres ../example/NoIdle /pathdat ../example/NoIdle/bin
bin\Tools-x64.exe /mod Package.rsc:noidle /pathres ../example/NoIdle /pathdat ../example/NoIdle/bin

and your dir \example\NoIdle should look like:

Package.rsc
NoIdleResources.rsc
icon.png

and have a dir called \Template

in \Template dir you should have your modified files like the doctorhouse.rsc and everything you also added
your NoIdleResources.rsc should call your doctorhouse.

Thanks for the explanation. However, what I am struggling with is that not all files are converted to *.crs with that first line. Only e.g. "Package_stuff.crs" is created, not the other files such as "Template/Woodhouse_build.crs" and a host of others. This, then, means I can't create the actual pkm file. It does happen when I run a batch file that starts the game, but I have to start a new save there first. I want something quicker as it quickly gets tedious.

Quote from: slink on September 10, 2014, 04:32:08 PM
I use a single batch file named BuildOverride.bat.  It's contents are as follows.

bin\Tools-x64.exe /build Package.rsc:list /pathres ../example/Override /pathdat ../example/Override/bin

bin\Tools-x64.exe /mod Package.rsc:override /pathres ../example/override /pathdat ../example/override/bin

Then, in a directory under Examples I have Package.rsc, for which an example follows.

PackageFile override
{
String _name = "Immortal Orchard Trees Override";
String _author = "SJGL";
String _description = "This mod makes the standard eight orchard trees live forever.";
int _userVersion = 1;

// all files in resource directory
String _includeList
[
"*"
]

// exclude package files, mod files, file used for building packages
String _excludeList
[
"Package_*.crs"
"*.pkg"
"*.pkm"
]
}

ExternalList list
{
External _resources
[
"Template/NaturalResourceAppleTree.rsc"
"Template/NaturalResourceCherryTree.rsc"
"Template/NaturalResourceChestnutTree.rsc"
"Template/NaturalResourcePeachTree.rsc"
"Template/NaturalResourcePearTree.rsc"
"Template/NaturalResourcePecanTree.rsc"
"Template/NaturalResourcePlumTree.rsc"
"Template/NaturalResourceWalnutTree.rsc"
]
}

Then, under the Template directory of Examples\Override I place the rsc files called for by my override.  I keep running BuildOverride.bat until I get everything in Examples\Override that is called for by the error messages, aside from sound, models, and graphics.  The missing files should be placed in the same location relative to the Template directory as they are under Resources.  Eventually there is an override.pgm under bin\WinData.  I move this to the regular game directory and try running it.  If it works, I rename override.pgm to the appropriate name and also rename the Examples\Override directory to the same name.

Why do I do it this way?  I do it this way because I can't edit batch files in the working directory, but I can edit rsc files with PFE running in admin mode.

This seems to work better, finally. I see what RedKetchup wrote many places, but it simply does not work on my end. Putting all the changed files into the list in Package.rsc seems to thankfully work, as then I'm able to build the *.crs files.

Can't believe I've wasted many hours just trying to figure this out, after somehow doing it earlier today. Just managed to funny-mod in a special woodhouse, so here's hoping I know the way to do this in the future as well. Just have to keep in mind to add all the files in the list in Package.rsc. This really ought to be in war fonts somewhere, grrr  ;D

RedKetchup

if something hasnt been packaged, it s cause you didnt called it. somewhere inside all your .rsc texts ... somewhere, you should have called those.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Pangaea

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 21, 2014, 05:23:55 AM
if something hasnt been packaged, it s cause you didnt called it. somewhere inside all your .rsc texts ... somewhere, you should have called those.

Don't think so. I'm not into advanced stuff like you are, I'm just modifying the default game files, changing a number here and there. According to the README, that /build command is supposed to get dependencies too, which I suppose all the rsc files are. But all that gets made (without the list stuff) is the main file (for example Package_orchard.crs) , not the stuff in subfolders.

A little more work to write down all the files that have been changed in that list function, but as long as that works I at least have a way to mod.

Don't you do any of that then? Just edit your files, copy them to your mod folder with the same folder structure, and then run the /build command and all works out?

RedKetchup

not necessairly same folder structure, you still can chnage their path, but ya. you copy those in your folder, modify them and compile.
you can also directly shortcut them if it s something small like :

/Template/TradingPost:trade

the :name will make it go directly where you want to go without have to care of other stuff inside in the file.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Pangaea

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 21, 2014, 07:58:37 AM
not necessairly same folder structure, you still can chnage their path, but ya. you copy those in your folder, modify them and compile.
you can also directly shortcut them if it s something small like :

/Template/TradingPost:trade

the :name will make it go directly where you want to go without have to care of other stuff inside in the file.

That's actually what I ended up doing in the two rudimenatary mods I've made so far, as I only need :growth and :build from the two files I'm using. But I've written that in the ExternalList section. Does my head in that I can't get the normal command to work. I don't have your modding skills to make wholesale changes, new buildings, material, animatation and whatnot though, so I'll only make changes to a few each time, so it's not a huge deal. Would have been a nightmare if I were working with hundred files for instance.

Bobbi

I would like to present the BobbiHospital where no idling is done on the beautiful grounds, all credit for which goes to @RedKetchup

irrelevant

rkelly17

Quote from: Bobbi on September 21, 2014, 01:59:30 PM
I would like to present the BobbiHospital where no idling is done on the beautiful grounds, all credit for which goes to @RedKetchup

[emoticon of someone drooling in envy] Stunning! And the citizens stay away in droves!