News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

assobanana76: New Las Vegans

Started by assobanana76, January 08, 2015, 04:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

I was (and still am) a rookie of video game simulation / city building!!
I'm vegan (about four years) and I immediately wanted to try to build a city totally vegan!
banished animal suffering! :) fish, deer, chickens, sheep, cow, pig, llama, bison all free!! no eggs, no milk, no meat, no leather. no fishing dock, no hunting cabin.

1st attempt .. VEGANVILLE 
project failed because I was not aware of the relationship 1:4 years.

2nd attempt.. NEW VEGANVILLE
project failed because I started to play too much with the mods (install and uninstall) and the saved game crash ever.

3rd attempt.. LAS VEGANS
project failed for having made too many rookie mistakes!

4th attempt.. NEW LAS VEGANS

I will divide the central of the map in four quadrants of which two opposite dedicated to crops/orchards and the other two to the production buildings/houses (one of this with a mega-suq!). on the edges of the map the forests, mine and quarry ...
map ..

this will be the vegan production chain  ..

screenshots..

Mods used (29):
AllTheProfessionsBox - BuildableStorageCarts - Canal - CCDecorativeItemsPack - CCOldMarket - Colorful2FloorsLittleHouses - MathieusoDecorations - FlattenTerrainTool - FogBGone - GroundTexture - ImportRUs - JapaneseFacilities - JapaneseHouses MoreWorkers - MountainFields - NasashiXiMoai - NewMedievalTown - NewRoadsAddOn - RoadBound - RocksRespawn - SmallerVendorBuildings - SmallWell - StorageShed - TighterRoadExtendedEdition - TimeIsMoney - Translucent - TreeOfLife - VeganScarecrow - CCExcellentAdventure

All sustainable vegan. someone distort the nose for the apiary but no bee will kill.. will just stolen some honey ..
The pastures will be built up to the maximum number of animals to be hosted then be demolished to free them and let them roam free in the map!!
My citizens will wear clothes made ​​from flax/cotton produced in the crops!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Nilla

Wish you luck.
QuoteMods currently used
You write currently. Does it mean that you plan to change the mods you use while playing? I hope you learn from what you wrote at the beginning, and play the whole game with the mods you choose from the start. This will minimize the risk for it to crash.

assobanana76

Quote from: Nilla on January 08, 2015, 05:08:58 AM
Wish you luck.
QuoteMods currently used
You write currently. Does it mean that you plan to change the mods you use while playing? I hope you learn from what you wrote at the beginning, and play the whole game with the mods you choose from the start. This will minimize the risk for it to crash.
you convinced me especially because playing too much with mods was the cause of the failure of the second village!
I have to start from 0 but wait for the new CC: IC which should be out over the weekend and maybe even the mega-mod of RedKetchup (if it will be released soon!)

P.S. can you tell me how I can put in the post screenshots that I saved in Steam?
for example:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=371268062
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Nilla

Sorry, I don´t play Steem.

salamander

Quote from: assobanana76 on January 09, 2015, 01:26:37 AM
... can you tell me how I can put in the post screenshots that I saved in Steam?

This might help: Attaching Graphics to Posts

rkelly17

Quote from: assobanana76 on January 09, 2015, 01:26:37 AM
P.S. can you tell me how I can put in the post screenshots that I saved in Steam?
for example:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=371268062

Quote from: salamander on January 10, 2015, 03:24:48 AM
This might help: Attaching Graphics to Posts

@assobanana76, all the screenshots I post here are originally taken in Steam. In my case, after I exit out of Banished, Steam shows a window with the shots I've taken with one option on the bottom of the window being "Show pictures on disk." When I click on that button my file management program (for most people that would be Windows Explorer) comes up with a listing of the files in the folder where Steam places screenshots. You could then use the material referred to in "Attaching Graphics to Posts" referred to by @salamander to attach the appropriate files. I process the images through GIMP (freeware substitute for Photo Shop) to reduce file-size or select smaller portions of the image before posting, but that is optional. Since my boot drive is an SSD I also move the image files to my much larger HDD to save space, but, again, that depends on your set-up. I never post my images to Steam. I have no Steam "friends," so what's the point?

assobanana76

tx all.
my problem is that I play at home and I visit forum on work!
So I load my screenshot before on Steam and then in the forum..
I will must open the window of screenshot with comments on Steam and then open the screenshot for copy the link..

@rkelly no friends??? find me and ask friendship!!! come on!! same username!

rkelly17

Quote from: assobanana76 on January 10, 2015, 03:52:39 PM

What I should have said is "All my friends are here on World of Banished." I'm not really into multiplayer or on-line worlds (still haven't bought the latest version of Sim City), so I'm happy with my friendless existence on Steam. I do use the Steam workshop for Civ 5 mods.

assobanana76

Quote from: rkelly17 on January 11, 2015, 10:34:35 AM
Quote from: assobanana76 on January 10, 2015, 03:52:39 PM

What I should have said is "All my friends are here on World of Banished." I'm not really into multiplayer or on-line worlds (still haven't bought the latest version of Sim City), so I'm happy with my friendless existence on Steam. I do use the Steam workshop for Civ 5 mods.
I'm not even that kind of player ..
practically only game in "Banished", "Magicka" and "Magicka: Wizards War".
friends I have are the ones who exchange views on my post and my screenshots of my villages ..

assobanana76

update:
I'm adapting to 10x speed!!!
before traveling to a maximum of 2x ....
so quickly, in one night, have already arrived in year 9!

my project cross has been replaced with a dual L which however includes 32 crops!

my problem is that with only one trading post, in nine years, I have never had the visit of the merchant of seeds and then I find myself with the two crops and orchard start!

I passed a fire unscathed and a crisis of tools because I did not notice the lack of iron!

I bought two chickens and, thinking they could remain in the trading post, I built calmly pasture and when it is finished were dead !!

now I queued construction the second trading post hoping to develop crops and consequently all production chains!

assobanana76

the beginning of the "suq" .. I decided that the market will be the leitmotif of my new city .. present with three central markets (vanilla, vanilla re-texture and CC market) and stands / carts all over the map ..
I quickly jotted down some ideas to understand the dimensions ..
Obviously the individual stalls are a rehearsal ..
then put the five different available!

but still lacks the mod with the old market with the old textures more colorful, the large (4x4) fountain in the center, maybe rotate the new central market, I have to replace those giant trees with smaller trees, decide what to put down the center of the streets N / S .. and maybe a wall all around..

at the end 3/4 will be occupied by the market and the last quadrant will have individual stalls along the street and "inn & garden", or the town hall .. still do not know ..
ah! the market will continue with individual stalls throughout the city center between the houses ..

what do you think? any suggestions?

assobanana76

I am studying an irrigation canal ...
graphically perhaps not the best ...
Need to work on it ..

if there is any modder who wants to think about it ..
need just create a tile not be walked on, the same color of the river, with small banks, a small bridge to overcome and an exit to the culture!!

Nilla

I like the markets with the second floor house on top of it. i suppose that is your own invention.

assobanana76

lol all like that and noone comment my beatiful idea of irrigation canal!!!
so.. yes! "my" creation (thanks Red and Black Liquid)
and I want to also try to assist woodcutter and 2nd floor house with under a specialized stockpile of firewood! so the woodcutter will have really the work under house!!
I will try but I think is doable!

rkelly17

@assobanana76, I do like the idea of irrigation canal--I spent part of my growing up in Southern California deserts where such canals were everywhere in agricultural areas. Since they date back to at least ancient Mesopotamia and Egypt they fit in any time period. A tunnel effect under roads would look good. I suspect that the hard part would be making it actually do something--like add to the productivity of fields. A nice pump house at the river (water or wind driven) could lift the water into the canal and then valves could regulate how much went into fields and orchards. But the problem is still to make it do something once it gets there.