News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village v1.1

Started by Discrepancy, September 16, 2016, 06:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 20, 2016, 02:12:36 AM
It is why your blacksmith can not store coalfuel. Should be easy to fix. In the next version I would like to adapt your mod. To store the right things in barns and markets, to forge steel and so on

Excellent :)
And yes I made some changes and added coalFuel to blacksmith and it works fine. In game I use the Small Town Row House Blacksmith to smelt the steel, then make the steel tools in Village Blacksmith.
I like the look of my houses in the nordic environment :)

wreckcelsior

So,... I'm just surfin' around lookin' at people's creations and I see this really cool arched bridge.

"Gotta have it, gotta have it,.." was all I was thinking.. Finally, I  found a post that mentioned DS Small Village.

It came as absolutely no surprise to me that this wonderful creation was one of yours.

Love your mods D.

cheers.

Herrbear

Fantastic job.  It looks really wonderful.  Can't wait to use it in the game.

elemental

I really like the clean bridge/dock pieces. The CC docks look very rickety but these ones look sturdy. The only problem is the colours don't match with the CC dock set, so I'd love to see some more colours in this set. A darker brown and a raw grey timber would be great.  :)

jmababa

yea its great but its considered in mega mod another type of bridge

Gatherer

@Discrepancy
I would like to report a possible bug. When I built a drawbridge on the main river the merchants stopped visiting my trading posts. I just couldn't get a merchant to stop for 15+ years. I deleted that bridge and built a vanilla one instead and the problem was gone. Funny thing though, that bridge was at the end of the town downstream from the last trading post.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Discrepancy

Quote from: Gatherer on September 24, 2016, 01:04:52 PM
@Discrepancy
I would like to report a possible bug. When I built a drawbridge on the main river the merchants stopped visiting my trading posts. I just couldn't get a merchant to stop for 15+ years. I deleted that bridge and built a vanilla one instead and the problem was gone. Funny thing though, that bridge was at the end of the town downstream from the last trading post.

That is strange. I just tested in modkit and built all the bridges, blocked all streams and rivers. Played 10yrs and had all merchants arrive at the vanilla trade post. I will do some tests in normal banished environment, but I'm pretty sure I've had merchants arrive at my town.

There are a few variables in the template file I will change and test.
For me to try and replicate the bug, could you tell me the map seed # & info? + what mods + what trade post was it? and where was it built, and bridge built?

:)

Gatherer

Hello

Map seed is: 989746532 - Plains (Plains V.1 by Jose Rios) - Large - Mild - Off - Easy

The only conflict this mod shows is with NMT's honey.

Open the pictures in new tab to enlarge.

http://shrani.si/?1V/uw/1wpJ5I6G/c-r-ix-01.jpg

http://shrani.si/?39/10l/RQvE30z/c-r-ix-02.jpg

http://shrani.si/?1B/9w/1I5D7khp/c-r-ix-03.jpg

http://shrani.si/?2l/Y2/7jxiGZJ/c-r-ix-04.jpg
I've circled 2 drawbridges on the small river. They give me no problems.

http://shrani.si/?3Q/NV/2rhed1vk/c-r-ix-05.jpg
I've circled where a drawbridge used to be. It was constructed using 2 drawbridges mirroring eachother with smaller jetty pieces connecting them to land.
Fiat panis.

Discrepancy

@Gatherer
I'm not able to find that Plains mod. Do you have a download link? or know where it is posted?

I haven't been able to replicate the bug though on any other map with other mods active. But I ended up changing the pathType of the bridges (see below), though I'm not sure if this changes anything as I have not experienced any.

Has anyone else had the same issue?

DS Small Village v1.1

UPDATED:   25-Sep-2016
   added:
      Alternative Bee Shelter that allows choice of production.
   fixed/changed:
      Added Herb/Health limit UI to Bee Shelters.
      Removed the Edible & Protein flag from 'Royal Jelly' (now only herb/health).
      Changed the pathType of the bridges from 'Immovable' to 'Bridge'.

Download from mods section.

Gatherer

Fiat panis.

Gatherer

I've done some testing with the updated version.

Winter '63 - Drawbridges in the red circle built. Traders come and stop at all trading posts. Up arrow points to a trading post further up. That one is located in a lake connected to the main river.
Winter '64 - Another drawbridge built where the left arrow points.
Year '65 - Traders come and stop at all trading posts.
Year '66 - Traders come but don't stop. This happens at all trading posts.
Early Spring '67 - Drawbridge pointed at by the left arrow is demolished. Traders come but don't stop for the rest of the year.
Year '68 and beyond -  All good again.

???
Fiat panis.

Necora

Hey DS,

I had a similar issue with traders when I installed this mod. I saw a CJ that had traders on a lake attached to a tributary, and tried it myself. Before installing this mod, I had traders on small tributaries and lakes connected to them, no problem with attracting traders. I started a new map with this mod installed, now the traders do not visit the posts up the tributary, only the posts on the major river and lake through which it runs. The only difference with the new map so that I have your bridges on the tributaries at some point, it seems it doesn't matter if the post is before or after the bridge, the trader doesn't show, he/she just paddles up and down the river but will still visit the posts just around the bend on the main river. Not sure if it is an issue with the new map for some reason or if it is with the mod or a combination of the two but it sounds similar to the previous post so I thought I'd share.

I don't have screen shots atm, nor can I download the update to test yet because my rural internet here in Nova Scotia is so terribly poor I will be surprised if I can post this message!

Update - I'm on another map now, same issue.

Discrepancy

Thanks for the info Gatherer and Necora.

It has baffled me a bit, as I haven't had the same occur in any tests I've done. But after re-reading through and thinking about it, I have come up with some ideas of what might be causing this, if I get a chance I will test a few things tonight. Unfortunately I'm going to be busy the next few days so won't have time for much modding.

Discrepancy

I have been playing a test game on the same map as you @Gatherer , I have put my drawbridges (and arch bridges) all over the main river:

15 years all up, it has been about 6-7 years that all the bridges have been built,
And I still get all the traders at these trading posts...  ???
I'm not sure what is going on then with your game.
How old is the savegame? was DS Small Village loaded from beginning? or was it added after?

I don't think there is anything in the mod that could be causing this.
But I will still do some more tests.

Paeng

Quote from: Discrepancy on September 27, 2016, 02:55:46 AMI don't think there is anything in the mod that could be causing this.

Yeah, I'veen using these bridges a lot, actually they are my "standard" right now, and I have not experienced any problems with them...

@Gatherer -
It might be worth to check your lakeside ports - pathing can be a bit iffy there and ports may need replacement / relocation once in a while...  :)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]