Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New Medieval Town v 1.1b

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

I'm back .. and .. wow !!!
that much work Red !!
I have yet to lay my hands on Banished but is sure to download this great new version from Steam !!
and, surprisingly, you have also included the house at an angle !!  :o
great!
there is a lot of work to do now about my city !!  ;D
Thank you very much Red !!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Triskel

I just downloaded it and tested it. Great additions to an already great mod, as usual. Thank you very much.

danielsevilio

The tooltip shows a smaller capacity for the medieval barns. It has the same number of the vanilla barn. :(
What is the correct weight capacity? Tanks!
PS. Awesome work! Love the new buildings, specially the residences.

RedKetchup

oh thats right, i made some changes cause some people wanted to have them bigger. The purpose of the change was in order to help reduce all the hundreds and hundreds of barns we always see in all the maps and all the cities.
probably, if there are some tooltips talking about quantities, probably they need to be changed.

thanks, i will check :)

assobanana76

Red I have my usual questions ...
It is saved game compatible, right?
but it means that I will not have problems with the root cellar already built on the back of a hill?
I will not have problems with windmill, smaller, already built?
I have to demolish the buildings of the old releases that you have "revised" in medieval key?
I have to demolish them before downloading the new big version?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

you should have no problem. 

Valiant Rabbit

Hi Red Ketchup, thanks for your wonderful mod and awesome work!
After playing with NMT1.1b+CC:GL a while, i got some impressions and ideas.
Medieval Town works great, but some important things i am missing.

1) The Mod feels like "some buildings do something and provide some products in unknown amounts". This bulky mod needs DESCRIPTION. Please, sacrifice one new 3D building but write down short DESCRIPTION for your new residences (capacity and warmth consumption),  buildings (production, in, out, price), health buldings (Dentist and co, how do they work? Do they really work ?) , products (food category, price).
CC has wiki and production spreadsheet, not perfect and outdated, but they have ONE, and its a huge   help and time saving.

2) HARDWARE STORE. Works good but..  grabs too much :)
Is it possible to do some limitations (options to switch)?
1. Wood+Stone+Iron (current version)
2. Wood+Iron (for smithy)
3. Stone+Iron (for building sites)
4. Wood (for woodcutter and stacks burner)
5. Stone
6. Iron

3) Tooltips of the barns have old capacities (not new 10k, 8k...).
In addition, you can extend the tooltips of your new residences too, for example "... residence can house a family of 6", just like Banished it does.

Thanks and keep up your good work.

danielsevilio

I'm very happy with the barns of different sizes (and capacity) of the mod and would like to have specialized barns of all flags if possible. The barn is such important building. I am using a specialized barn mod that is very useful but it has only one size and a normal capacity. It will be a very nice addition to NMT mod to have specialized medieval barns, at last a standalone mod to use with, specially  edibles barns.
Grain and coal silo is awesome! Two types of root cellar (capacity ????, I suppose it is high enough), one for fruit and another for veggies would be nice too.
Tanks!

RedKetchup

thanks you for your replys and your suggestions :)
@danielsevilio  and @Valiant Rabbit  :)

evicted

hey guys, need your help on my fatal error crash everytime i try and active NMT v1.1b together with EITHER The Fountain Mod Highborn Society latest and CC COTGL latest. The mod works if activated alone, i tried rearranging load order of the three aforementioned mods but fatal crash everytime. I thought and always read about NMT working nicely with CC COTGL, but in my case it's not working. I'm willing to skip on The Fountain Mod in favor of NMT, should it works with CC COTGL for me : (. Please help.

RedKetchup

@evicted : usually, NMT works perfectly with those 2 mods, i dont know exactly what is acting bad in your system, my suspicions are about your game setup are all messed up.

1. you will go and open your WinData folder and create a folder inside, call it as you want, like /ModSaves/
2. you will take (click and select) your mods, all the mods in there (dont take the 2-3 game files) and you will move them into that folder you created.
3. you will start the game and go in the 'mods' window and you should see no mods and no names there at all.
4. then you will click OK and completly close the game. do not start anything, just close it.

5. then you will go back in your folder and take newmedievaltown.pkm and put it back in /WinData/ folder.
6. now start the game and go in the 'mods' window and go check and 'enable' the medieval town mod.
6a. click OK and then quit the game. do not start anything, just close it.

7. you will return to your WinData folder and put back your ColonialCharterCotGL.pkm back in /WinData/ folder.
8. now start the game and go in the "mods" window and go check and 'enable' the CC:CotGL mod.
8a click OK and then QUIT the game and close it, do not start a new city nor do not load a save.. just close the game.

9. Now restart your game , and now try to start a new city
10. comeback here to tell me if it is fix or tell me it didnt fix.

evicted

hi Red,

I did all the steps you gave to isolate the problem involving NMT v1.1b and CC COTGL and right after I activate CC COTGL in addition to NMT with both mods being the only mods in my modslist, the game accepts the mods but the framerate dives to half or lower and when I start a new game, the same "A fatal error has occured in VideoDXp-x32.dll and the game cannot continue" crashdump happens.

However, I did manage somehow to make both mods work but sadly only ONCE on a random small valley map seed, then quit to main menu to start a new game with my favorite map seed. Back in the main menu, the framerate got worse and upon exiting the game made the game unresponsive and had to end process in task manager. I am using build 141103.

I then reverted back to activating all the mods I used together with CC COTGL and FM as primary mods and the game works as it did for me without NMT v1.1b. I shall continue to investigate this problem, it's such a shame for me I couldnt make your NMT work as I believe it is a must have mod and could greatly enhance my banished gameplay. I appreciate the help Red. I will let you know if I stumble into something. Thank you. : )

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 23, 2015, 06:15:29 AM
you should have no problem.
great job @RedKetchup !!
for the moment no crash!
I can think of only a small question ..
the corner building is a kind of hotel ..?
to accommodate the newly arrived nomads?
This means that new fertile young couples are not going to live if I build in a time when I did not nomads arrived?
It can not settle into a new family ...?

Paeng

Quote from: evicted on July 26, 2015, 06:51:53 PMI believe it is a must have mod

Indeed...  :)
In my experience, most crashes occur because there are still remnants of previously installed mods lurking somewhere...

Have you checked this list?
There are many possible causes and potential remedies...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]