News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Jetty & Bridge v2.1 (updated 20 April 2018)

Started by Discrepancy, February 16, 2017, 07:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

Thanks for the explanation. I never would've guessed about the barrows for the markets. Using wagon parts for drawbridge mechanisms make sense.

Rope could be from flax or hemp. Rope could be used for fishing nets and maybe as an alternative to iron fittings for jetty pieces. I'm thinking rickety jetty pieces tied up with rope. I don't know how realistic that might be though. If you ever want to make some ships then rope should be a necessary component.

I see your reasoning with the glass maker. I would prefer to be able to build it anywhere but I can work with it as it is. I like the design so I will definitely be using it. I really like the little forge too... I think that's my favourite out of all of the new buildings.

taniu

@Discrepancy  :D Thank you for explaining the material and for quick response - I did not know what the icon means - Iron Fittings - this is a new material that you added to the new objects - now I know. Thanks a lot . Greetings :D

Discrepancy

It has taken me longer than I wanted to do this. A simple patch mod to make the jetties work with The North v6 turned out to be more difficult than I had anticipated.

But I'm here:

PATCH DSJaBv2 & NORTH6

Updated the patch mod version 002 - fixed missing stringtexts & icons that ocurred after last DSJaB update. fixed wrong production numbers in the forge & workshop.
should be save compatible, might have to demolish and rebuild any jetty forges & workshops.

a patch mod to use DS Jetty & Bridge v2.1 & The North v6 together. Place this patch below The North and above DS Jetty & Bridge in the mod list.

Jetty Construction: Forge can process Iron Ore into Iron Bloom, then Iron Bloom into Iron, as well as make Iron Fittings.

Fishing Gear is flagged as Goods
Iron Fittings are flagged as Goods
Lumber is flagged as Wood
Wagon Parts are flagged as Goods

Important !!
Load Order:
**top of list**
- THE NORTH
- PATCH DSJaBv2 & NORTH6
- DS Jetty & Bridge

...other compatible mods

Do not attempt to use this patch mod unless you also have The North v6 and DS Jetty & Bridge v2 enabled, otherwise the game will crash!

DSJettyAndBridgePatchForTheNorth.pkm  v002    --  16.4mb (16,896kb)    |  download  .zip  6.3mb (6,454kb)

it has a larger size than i'd have liked, but the game kept crashing if i didn't include all the resource files...

Download attached below:
alternate download on NexusMods & on Steam

Tom Sawyer

Oh, that's great @Discrepancy! The jetty set is a favorite and fits very well in the nordic scenery. Sorry that you had more work than expected. Maybe we can simplify it for us modders and also for players dealing with compatibility patches. I will look at it and help to maintain it for the upcoming version. :)

Discrepancy

DS Jetty & Bridge

Change Log:

v2.1 -  20042018  --  minor update.      - .pkm = 226,445 KB (221 MB)   | .zip = 137,413 KB (134 MB)
   **demolish any Jetty Farmer's Merchant, Jetty Chicken Coop and Jetty Mushroom Farm before adding to save-game.
              - Farmer's Merchant: extended the ground based jetty walkways to the edge of the building tiles.
              - Added ghosted deco pieces of: Jetty Poles, 1x1 Jetty pieces (ground & lower level), Jetty Benches and Jetty Fence Rails.
              - Added Jetty Glass House, a building to grow some types of vegetables.
              - Added Fertilizer, produced at Jetty Chicken Coop, required for vegetable production at jetty glass house & mushroom farm.
              - Jetty Mushroom Farm: added cost of fertilizer to produce mushrooms.
              - Changes to some UI and toolbar texts.

v2.0 -  04042018  --  Major update - released 5 April 2018.      - .pkm = 218,226 KB (213 MB)   | .zip = 133,110 KB (129 MB)
              - Adds 2 new homes, tailor, workshop, mushroom farm, chicken coop, school, chapel, water store, kitchen, hospital, farmer's merchant.
              - Adds jetty construction buildings: lumber yard, forge, sand mine, glass-maker.
              - Added the ability to upgrade-to-demolish the driftwood gatherers.
              - Adds new resources Lumber, Glass, Sand, Iron Ore, Iron Fittings, Wagon Parts and many more.
              - Changes to the UI of buildings.
              - Toolbar alterations and image changes.
              - Menu arrangement altered.
              - Text changes.
              - Building footprint changes.
              - All construction costs altered.

v1.02 -  15122017  --  new additions & bug fixes.      - .pkm = 141,203 KB (137 MB)   | .rar = 29,708 KB (29 MB)
              - Added 2x2 storage option for Firewood (woodFuel).
              - made changes to the floors of the diagonal bridges - citizens will still drop down while traversing between 2 sides of the bridge, I believe because the bridges meet at the points, the extended floor does not work.
              - changes to DS menu.
              - other code changes, text fixes.

v1.01 -  01052017  --  minor bug fix.      - .pkm = 139,202 KB (135 MB)   | .rar = 31,304 KB (30.5 MB)
              - Adds the option to build a Jetty Driftwood Searcher.
              - fixed issue where Village Drawbridge was not displaying its toolbar text.
              - changed radius (now smaller) of all fishing locations - this was an edit missed out in last build.
              - lowered the total height of the Jetty Merchant's Office UI box.
              - fixed professions file location.

v1.0 -  29042017  --  Major update & re-write.      - .pkm = 139,187 KB (135 MB)   | .rar = 31,348 KB (30.6 MB)
              - Full version 1 first release.
              - full code re-write, not compatible with any other version or DSSmallVillage.pkm
              - adds new buildings and worker profession.
              - removes all resources from previous ver. and adds RawMaterialNMStockFish, RawMaterialDriedMollusc, RawMaterialMollusc
              - removes the Stone Bridge from the set (will be in own mod)
              - AO added to all pieces.
              - Model improvements.

v0.91 -  22022017  --  Minor update & bug fix.      - .pkm = 66,138 KB (64.5 MB)   | .zip = 34,091 KB (33.2 MB)
              - changed RawMaterialCanvas to new flag 'Custom2/Fabrics'
              - changed all RawMaterialFishBass/Bream etc filenames to RawMaterialBass/Bream etc
              - changed all RawMaterialMolluscClam/Mussel etc filenames to RawMaterialClam/Mussel etc (for future use)
              - changed 2x2 & 2x3 storage locations to now store the new flags: 'Custom0/Crafted', 'Custom1/Forged', 'Custom2/Fabrics', 'Custom7/Misc'
              - changed various string texts
              - changed menu locations
              - fixed issue with menu sprites not showing up

v0.9  -  17022017  --  Initial release.      - .pkm = 66,110 KB (64.5 MB)   | .zip = 34,071 KB (33.2 MB)

Discrepancy

updated to v2.1

- extended the walkway of Jetty Farmers Merchant to edge of building footprint.
- added Deco Jetty Fence Rails - ghosted deco fence, toolbar location= DS - Fences, Walls & Decorative - Wooden Fences
- added Deco Jetty pieces - 1x1, cnr, lower stairs and lower pieces + poles & benches. all ghosted, deco walkway pieces offer no travel to citizens, toolbar location= DS - Fences, Walls & Decorative - Jetty Decorations
- added Fertilizer, a material resource (Custom4), thanks & credit to RedKetchup
- added Jetty Glass House, grow veggies on the jetty. requires 2 of the vegetables you want to grow + 1 Fertilizer + 1 Water = 20-28 veggies.
- the Jetty Mushroom Farm now requires 2 Mushrooms + 1 Fertilizer.
- the Jetty Chicken Coop now generates Fertilizer along with the Eggs & Chicken.

v2.1 -  20042018  --  minor update.      - .pkm = 226,445 KB (221 MB)   | .zip = 137,413 KB (134 MB)
   **demolish any Jetty Farmer's Merchant, Jetty Chicken Coop and Jetty Mushroom Farm before adding to save-game.
       - Farmer's Merchant: extended the ground based jetty walkways to the edge of the building tiles.
       - Added ghosted deco pieces of: Jetty Poles, 1x1 Jetty pieces (ground & lower level), Jetty Benches and Jetty Fence Rails.
       - Added Jetty Glass House, a building to grow some types of vegetables.
       - Added Fertilizer, produced at Jetty Chicken Coop, required for vegetable production at jetty glass house & mushroom farm.
       - Jetty Mushroom Farm: added cost of fertilizer to produce mushrooms.
       - Changes to some UI and toolbar texts.

PATCH DSJaBv2 & NORTH6 should still work fine, in the same order. Fertilizer will be using the Clay storage flag.

Abandoned

Wow, how cool is that  8) a wonderful addition

I would love those new chicken/mushroom/greenhouse pieces as a stand alone mod  :)

Nilla

My next game will include this mod! :) Maybe with the North, maybe with RKEd, maybe stand alone, I don´t know yet.

brads3

Nilla,do you plan to do a full DS mod map? he has added several parts lately.be neat to see them all in game.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on April 20, 2018, 10:04:35 AM
My next game will include this mod! :) Maybe with the North, maybe with RKEd, maybe stand alone, I don´t know yet.

next beta build will be only in a couple of weeks and wont be "saves friendly" with past builds.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

@Discrepancy

Is the fertilizer produced at the chicken coop compatible with Mr. Red's fertilizer from his Garden Walls Utility Mod?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

taniu

@ Discrepancy :DThank you for the wonderful and detailed mod - I have in this mod many useful buildings that I can put on land or on water - I can now build a fantastic city - Thank you very much and best Regards :D

elemental

Thank you very much for the fence pieces and poles. I like the inclusion of fertiliser too.