News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Celtic House v1.0 (Banished Beta 1.0.7)

Started by Discrepancy, March 17, 2017, 07:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

DS Celtic House v1.0

compiled for Banished 1.0.7

adds a round Celtic House. 4 occupants, 900capacity (Edibles/WoodFuel). Requires 34 work to build (21 logs + 8 stone).

the house sits 6x6 game tiles.

toolbar location =

Download & Installation:

- Download from here the latest .pkm file
  - place DSCelticHouse.pkm inside your Banished/WinData folder.
  - enable the mod on the Main Menu and Pause Menu.

Change Log:
DSCelticHouse.pkm

v1.0    - initial release .. 18March2017 ..          - .pkm = 1,349 KB (1.31 MB)

StringTable Download:

DSCelticHouseStringTable.rsc - 1KB

QueryEverything

I can't describe how much win is in this post :)  (downloading now), looks fabulous, thanks @Discrepancy :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Paeng

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

taniu

Turis

Turis

I'm giving a Yahoo images webpage of Celtic constructions for your enjoyment. Some of them are from my region.

Celtic buildings

Turis

Are you going to expand this mod with other buildings like storage, blacksmith, tailor, hall, etc.?

Discrepancy

:) yes, slowly.
I do have a couple of other 3d house models made, just not textured yet.

I already have too many projects on the go, so I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

Yes, my thoughts were also a small blacksmith and tailor, a town hall and herbalist, as well as a couple more houses and storage.

Turis

ancientmuse

These look great in the game, really nice textures and being able to build the road right into the doorway is definitely a nice touch.

But I was wondering, why only 4 occupants ?  The houses are so big surely they could hold 6 occupants instead ?

Or is it some kind of coding problem makes it not possible (I know nothing about coding or modding)...

Other than that the idea of a celtic style is great, thanks for making these cool new houses !

Turis

I love the Celtic-style house, but, it's too large. It takes too much space for just four people which is my prefer family size. Can you make it smaller like 4x4 and the occupancy for this one to four and the large one to six? I'll understand if you don't. I noticed that to scale it down you would have to keep the current height of the round wall, reduce the diameter of the base and scale down the roof. From my point of view, way too complex to accomplish.

Discrepancy

:) I can do it. I was already thinking the same thing after seeing the house in screenshots.

Paeng

Quote from: Discrepancy on April 03, 2017, 01:49:07 AMI was already thinking the same thing after seeing the house in screenshots.

Yeah, but please maintain this size, too... If possible maybe with more people living in it... The size is a nice break from all the 4x4s...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]