News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Auto-trade: Order in which items are traded away

Started by irrelevant, October 20, 2017, 05:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Okay, after watching this for a couple thousand years, I think I finally have figured it out.

It starts with the item you have "for sale" that has the highest total trade value (TV) in that TP. For example, if you have 1000 ale (TV 8000) and 1000 firewood (TV 4000), it will trade away ale, until your ale is all gone if need be, to buy your auto-purchases.

Only after the ale is all gone will it trade away any firewood. This is regardless of what order these items may appear on your TP's "Trade" tab.

So if you, like me, use your TPs to store inconvenient "overstock" items (mushrooms, I'm looking at you), it is highly unlikely that any of these items ever will get traded away, unless you do it yourself, manually. Yet another reason to have your auto-trades set to "when merchant leaves," that way you have the opportunity to trade away stuff like mushrooms, leather, venison, you name it, before the auto-trade moron-bot trades away all your hard-earned ale.

brads3

good information. i haven't used the auto trade option much.always figure it would trade wrong some how. i also like the control so i can choose what i take in. don;t need many domestic animals or a surplus of any materials or firewood but do like to build my stock if winter is starting and i am lower than i like.
  how does it determine what to trade for? say you tell it food,will it be a balanced diet or take all the food from the top and work down the list?what is the difference between auto trading when the merchant arrives and when he leaves?just do you can stock the TP while he sits there for 10 mins?

irrelevant

Quote from: brads3 on October 20, 2017, 08:08:08 PM
  how does it determine what to trade for? say you tell it food,will it be a balanced diet or take all the food from the top and work down the list?what is the difference between auto trading when the merchant arrives and when he leaves?just do you can stock the TP while he sits there for 10 mins?
You can specify exactly what you want to buy, and how much, and in what order (in case there isn't enough room in the TP, or you don't have enough TV to trade, it will buy your top priorities first) by category: fruit, vegetable, meat, grain, textiles, tools, clothing, logs, iron, stone, etc. Unfortunately the purchase quantity limit is 9999.

If you auto purchase when the merchant leaves, that gives you the opportunity to do manual trading first, get rid of stuff that is clogging up your distribution system (mushrooms!), buy more than 9999 of something. Food boats can bring 20,000-40,000 of a food item if you order it, but auto-trade will only let you buy 9999, so if you want more you have to do it manually.

If you auto-purchase when the merchant arrives, the auto-trade-bot may trade away all your stuff, leaving goods in the boat that you'd like to buy but nothing to buy it with.

The boat will sit at the TP for as long as you have the TP panel open, so yes, you absolutely can stock the TP while he is sitting there.

Here's a typical auto-trade for me:

The order the items are listed in, is the order in which they get purchased. You need to pay attention to how much space you have in your TP. If you run out of space, it will just stop buying stuff. That's why logs are near the bottom.

"Meats" includes nuts. Trade your venison/mutton/beef for nuts, triple your protein.

irrelevant

The auto purchaser does 90% of my trading for me; this town runs largely unattended. But I will spend an hour or two actively doing trading for every 6-10 hours that the town is running unattended. This is when I get rid of mushrooms and textiles, totally buy out the 30,000 fruit boats, etc. 

Abandoned

I agree, good to know.  I haven't done any auto trading yet but when I do, I will know where to get some good information on doing so.  Thanks irrelevant.  :)

adelegarland

That's a good idea!  I think I'll try this - thanks for sharing.
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

marcoic

Hello, id like to know if theres a way to buy more than 9,999 of something.
I think I saw a mod one day that allowed to write more numbers or something on those lines, but cant find it.
Did anyone find a way to do so?
Thanks

irrelevant

Quote from: marcoic on March 15, 2018, 05:53:34 PM
Hello, id like to know if theres a way to buy more than 9,999 of something.
I think I saw a mod one day that allowed to write more numbers or something on those lines, but cant find it.
Did anyone find a way to do so?
Thanks
No, unfortunately it can't be done. No way to mod it.