News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Hobbit World

Started by RedKetchup, July 04, 2015, 04:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jewelz

Haha! Just when I think I have gotten every mod there is, a new-old one pops up!

CookieBarrel

curiosity got the better part of me
If one is careful in placement and with the use of terrain tools, these houses do function.
Perhaps hobbit homes might work on a hill.

That Stone housing makes me think of mtn dwarves. :)

Jewelz

Cookie, try DS's stone hovels. Those work nicely too.

Abandoned

Just a reminder here - there is a beta version of Kid Hobbit Houses back on reply #46  It is a work in progress, be patient  ;D

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=963.msg67410#msg67410

Jewelz

I think we are just experimenting, Abandoned.   After all, Sackville Baginses might build different kinds of houses.  ;)

kid1293

I think that is correct and so do the Bradybucks. They will all have different style.

I just do what is not too hard :)

Abandoned

I was just reminding as response to question elsewhere that work was being done on Hobbit mod.  Apparently beta was overlooked.

CookieBarrel

My last post was meant to show how bannies can get to places like homes that wasn't meant to be used in such a way.

Yes, experiments and exploring concepts. Such as....
   Mnt facades (or functional buildings) for homes. (see pic)
   Hill facades to tuck hobbity buildings into
   Higher ground level homes and (or) buildings.
   Placement (of buildings) with minimal flattening to the slopes or hills.

Since I.m doing allot of dreaming, I wish Necora had extended her precision terrain tool beyond level 0 to -1.
As the saying goes.. beggars cant be choosy.

Dang, just remembered one of DS fences raises the ground to about 1.25. I was going to exploit this and that, was months ago!

@kid1293 , Thank you so much!

CookieBarrel

Apologies for the double post, had a little dizzy spell.
Just a couple more things to finish off.
First, uploaded wrong screenshot. This new one shows the haven house on the waterfalls better and more of the hobbit houses in aray.
Secondly, apologies to Kid for abusing his mods.
Lastly, @kid1293  I'm not asking you to do any of those things, its just exploring ideals. However...
see that hen house? It would be nice to place it in and around a chicken pastures, it wouldn't need to do anything, just set there and look pretty.
OK, Ok this is the last thing, Off topic. I don't know who came up with the milk cow was it Abandoned? Kid? an undisclosed person? Well, I could just
kiss you all, oh what the heck  :-* :-* :-* and cookies all around.

Abandoned

@CookieBarrel , like the pictures and experiments.  I have question on how you got Haven platform on the water?  We were thinking of a Swamp Haven.  I confess, milk cow for Summer Haven was my idea. They turned out well  :)

CookieBarrel

Lol, I just spent a couple hours on a how-to "create a waterfall view" by placing a Haven house on top of The Forest Pond.
I seriously need to learn how to read! So the question is.. how you got Haven platform on the water? Platform, platform, bloody platform.
Well let me tell you, one of the cookie elves slipped a new ingredient in the cookie dough batch which caused quit the ruckus after cookie time.
Magic was flying every where nearly taking out a whole flight of fairies. A goo of dough gooed down the hill from the tree factory into the smoking pond.
Just then reeds bloomed into vines of twisty......

Abandoned that water is Necora's special spring water.

Edit dang I can't stop laughing
To get the platform in water kid1293 would have to code the building foot print for water.
All we can do is fake it.

Abandoned

;D LOL ah yes, love magic  ;D  Yes, Swamp Havens would be totally different, we discussed it, would need different swamp trees also.  I did put some puddles with ducks under Forest Haven using Necora's Maritimes Riffles.  I thought you maybe figured a way to raise or lower pond or land for water haven.  Picture looks nice.  Maybe someday a Swamp Haven.  :)  Don't tell Kid I said so  ???  :)

Edit:  Kid Hobbit to be continued.

Abandoned

Note notes :  Kid Fish n Ship update is probably as close as we get to a swamp haven -  find info and link to download here:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3070.0

Kid Hobbit mod has been completed and is being tested in my blog Middleton in The Shire story 59 before being released.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3800.0

Abandoned

Kid Hobbit mod has been released - find link to download here:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3820.0