News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: DS industry-RKEC tests

Started by brads3, September 05, 2019, 05:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

it has not been a fun week. it has been crash fest.lately i have told MARK that these mod orders may work today and not tomorrow. that has become more real. we have complex interactions across the mods. a slight change to mod list,order,or even the start settings can cause crashes. what a mess. it has been a while since i had to fight with gremlins that badly. hopefully i fixed it and the gremlin didnt just take a nap.

what i found is the Crystal Cliffs mod was acting as a patch to the RKEC and pine mod.the pine mod was upgraded to 1.05 inadvertantly.this all worked for the last map. after about 100 crashes,i think i narrowed it down.these crashes were happening as the game switched from early spring to spring.each attempt loaded and started.i have a pile of notes and a lot less brain cells.

i loaded the DS industrial mod and a few others several days ago. i actually was able to open it and look around the map. that was before i realized i broke the game.many of my blog notes are gibberish by now. i'll try to go threw it quuick and figure out where i am.

i recommend keepig a full copy of the entire WinData folder,complete with patches and data files, of a mod order that you know works. i'd keep a copy of the mod order as wellrather it be by using a mod manager profile or a text file.if anything ever goes wrong you will want to be able to  load a good mod order. at least this fives a starting point to chase down issues.

normally, i let you players test and work out the glitches and bugs in the new mods.  once a mod is added to another, it is much harder to see where the glitch is.any problems then is blamed on the mod order or conflicts. the more issues you all solve, the less problems i should have. in this case how many didn't you find? NILLA needs a break from life.why did she leave me like this? i am sure she wishes life would stop giving her issues. i do hope things get better for her soon. ever since she fell out of the tree and told us she hit her arm,i still wonder if it was her head, things have been ruff for her or at least hectic. i am grateful for her and the other players help in testing and working out the bugs for new mods.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                 DS industrial mod with RKEC

the plan is to use the DS industrial mod with the RKEC and build a huge manufacturing city. in exploring or settling America, there is lots of land untouched. but cities did start to grow and build up along the coast. nooo i am not going to build New York City or Washington so you Europeans can come bomb it or burn it down.

i plan to test this both ways,1st with the DS mods above the RKEC and then with them below. the DS industrial mod brings so many changes that i think it needs tested above the RKEC to understand how it works and what all is in it.

i prefer to keep the RKEC as my base start mod and use the DS mods below it. i mentioned my pet peeve with the game the other day. LUKE gave us the option to add gathering plants and trees but not the option to add wid animals,grass, or rocks and minerals.i still think it could be done, but we need to break a code line into parts.as it is with the DS above,i give up any thatch or fodder and the wild animals. the game has its limitations.

i re-organized mty mod list to save more memory. combined with the many changes the DS industrial mod brings, i most likely will have some issues. the only tests i have ran for a week is to get from early sping to spring.         

mod count 105 with 4 disabled   

brads3

MODS

DS mods added Neubert mith,Fulbert houses,industrial mining,and log homes.added Styth tower had Ds hovels,bridges, fuel market, and veggy barn this group is moved just above RK EC.

disabled for this map  pine mod,Crystal Cliffs,EB charburner,and my precious

left the order set to a base start order.

other players say this map will starve bannies. there are some advantages with this mod list.quick hunter and fishing from TOM,KID's mods and mini buildings will give a townhall and trading, several wood and stone housing options,among others. new pine flora patch mod is enabled and should give traps and more food.

[Misc]
Description=RK 1.3 K full setup||tweaked DS RK,pine mod off
[Profile]
WheelbarrowBigger=1
DebugMenu=1
Radius=1
stopcoalburn=1
BlackLiquidRain=1
CCNoSmoke=1
ProperTime=1
banishedUImaps=1
RKECtownhall=1
Forgetaboutorchard=1
NewPineFlora=1
SeasonFX=1
MaritimesCrystalCliffs=0
SafetyHole=1
unlimited=1
OneStopAllMining=1
KidForestOutpostNatDiv=1
MyPrecious=0
RKPigsLivestock=1
RKBisonLivestock=1
LivestockForTrade=1
WoodButcher=1
KidGothicFarm=1
KidWestwardHoWagons=1
DSIndustryMining=1
DSStythTower=1
DSStoneHovels=1
EBFarmHouseA=1
DSNeubertSmithShop=1
DSLogHomes=1
DSFuelMarket=1
DSBridgeCrossing=1
DSFulbertWrightHousing=1
RKEditorChoiceEdition=1
BlacksmithTools=1
MiniBuildings=1
MaritimesPineSet=0
MaritimesSherbrooke=1
MaritimesRiffle=1
NECEmptySquare=1
MaritimesStorage=1
EBSVProduction=1
EBSmallStorage=1
EBMarkets=1
EBMaterialsStore=1
EBFarmstand=1
EBSVDecoResort=1
EBSVRockQuarry=1
EBLeatherWorks=1
EBFarmHouse=1
EBWinery=1
KidWorkPlaceVillage=1
ColonialHousing=1
KidColonialResource=1
KidSomeBoats=1
KidGhostTownHouses=1
KidForestPonds=1
KidBakeryGarden=1
KidGHLightHouse=1
KidGhostTown=1
KidWildWest=1
KidGrannyPark=1
KidLogDepot=1
KidOldTown=1
KidPlimothHarmonized=1
KidPlimothPlantation=1
KidStorageCrates=1
KidStorageCarts=1
KidTinySeparate=1
KidTwilightHerbs=1
KidVegetableGarden=1
KidWindSawmill=1
KidWoodenFort=1
KidRowBusiness=1
KidYardCover=1
KidRowHousing=1
BirchBarkCanoe=1
ForestCombo=1
DungPile=1
marketpuzzle=1
WashingMod=1
DecoPlants=1
Ketchup=1
college=1
DecorativeItems=1
ChooChoo=1
PlymouthHouse=1
OldHunterHut=1
CityRoads=1
FlyFishing=1
Hunting=1
NewEngland=1
fountainlite=1
GrassyRoads=1
FruitVegBarn=1
NewTrees=1
StorageShed=1
SpecializedStorage=1
SJGL_Small_Markets=1
GrowRoots=1
Terraform=1
CCDocks=1
CCFrontier=1
SmallTipi=1
Charburner=0

brads3

ELTONA,323874321, valley no dirt,very large,fair,medium start,no disasters    potato,flax,and plums
not a great start -mine mountains are far away,won't use the plums,main river is far off,

goal- build a functioning production city. probably build a railroad

looking around the map,there are pine mod items.the rocks are different. the map shows the location of some,i assume this is clay, deposits. i did find a small deer herd north of the river.

we will send 1 fishing the lake,plant 2 fields of potatoes. the DS bannie planted 1 field in flax. then build a work camp with some DS cabins.we spotted a deer herd across the lake and sent a quick hunter. we built 2 workshops from the mini buildings mod.1 for tools and 1 for coats.i can control them with limits and we have plenty of workers.we may not have iron ore, but we do have stone and wood tool options.

by mid summer, we start work on our 5th cabin.the laborers have time to search for food and firewood.they already have killed a few squirrels and we have pelts.

the pine mod items aren't being cleared by the food gatherer tool.we are leaving fiddleheads,wild oats,and chanterellas.
which tailor uses this flax? if we can hunt and keep up on coats,i'll ignore the flax for now.

we survived the 1st winter easiy.you all made this sound hard.we are at +3000 food.maxed tools to 50 and made some leather coats.we have excess furs,peltsand flax. there has been a little tin ore,clay,and tallow collected. you can say i made it too easy but i don't think a group would be sent to set up this city without a few guards to hunt or protect them and some tents.

pic 1: map settings
pic 2: map start,note the DS pile
pic 3:quick hunter
pic 4: DS cabins, the mini Th,KIDs firewood shed, also have 2 mini workshops and mini woodcutter

Nilla

Brad, Brad you and your tons of mods. I know, you like it that way but no complains when the game decides to punish you from time to time1 ;)

.... and I broke my foot, no arm no head when I fell last summer not from a tree but from a ladder beneath a cherry tree.

brads3

LOL that was the 1st time in a long time that it took so long to fix an issue. what was confusing is when it started to work 1 out of every 3 loads.
the gremlins would feed me a little hope of progress and laugh at me the whole time.

Kristahfer

brads3

YEAR 2-3

i am assuming timber means lumber and we need a lot of it. the workpile is over 80% full. we'll  build an RK covered storage barn and then a DS construction yard site.this looks to be  a very handy piece since it has an soortment of goods it can produce.this will take us to 2 workers and a builder,but the other workers will help as they hit their limits.as we go along we work to clear a path toward the main river.

the mini townhall menu is smaller.modders have made changes so the CC graphic help mods don't fully work.not saying it is a bad thing.i have noticed more rain and snow with the RKEC and now smoke from the DS construction yard.

we need more storage. a KID's general shed and a stone market are added to our start camp center.while the builder is busy with those the laborers continue clearing to extend the road.

i am not going fast. i rather use the time to look around at the new DS tool bar and plan where i want to build, while building up some stockpiles of supplies.

these are still RK deer and are easily spooked by hunters or noise from workers. NILLA can tell stories of how a hunter coud stand still and slaughter a whole forest full of reindeer. you can not do that to RED's deer.other than a few fawns left from the 1st deer herd, we have seen no other deer.we have kept our eyes on a meadow to the west. we did get a hunter there late in year 3.

we started work on a bridge across the main river. CC has a multi sectional stone bridge that can be made double and triple wide there are many times the wider option woud be handy.in this case i used 2 DS covered bridges side by side.

our plan is to build the city along the river. set up some foresters arounf the lake. to the west is a hill for mning community.maybe we will leave some farming along the stream that flows out of the lake to the east.

pic 1: DS construction yard
pic 2: yr2 limits
pic 3: more storage  for the workcamp
pic 4:  2nd quick hunter

brads3

YEAR 4

i didn't buid a school yet. i let a few children age past school age to increase the workforce. the mini townhall takes just a couple years to start bringing in nomad helpers.since we are stockpiling items,undeducated workers are still helpful.they don't need any learning to cut trees or haul goods.

as expected 3 nomads arrived in late spring. a couple with a baby girl. they will build a Fulbert house and  KID's small workplace tailor to use up the flax.we need a trade good before we concern ourselves with a trading post.if the small tailor won't use this flax, a flax garden can be built. sincewe start with flax seed and wild flax i see no problem with doing that.flax is an item that the tailors can confuse. this will conserve MARKs valuabe iron.

the small tailor didn't like this flax, but we did have 40 furs that it could make coats from.

we have a decent start. a plan going forward. we maxed the tools and clothing.those limits are raised.we extended the road to the main river.we are processing lumber.we have scavenged for food and herbs.

DS has some info windows with a lot of info on them. there is some baasic info as well as info on the production of tools and chains for the different ores. is there a plan to use these during game play more? like is the plan to open the health menu to see how the bannies are doing and what needs to be done to make them healthier or happier? not even sure banished allows a way to do that. by adding mods, i realize mty game will play different.already i am repairing tools that are not on the info menu.  what is ear candles? is any child really going to sit still while a doctor tries to put that in his ear? no offence but are you serious?

pic 1: double DS covered bridge
pic 2:workplace tailor
pic 3:  inventory and limits

Nilla

I never heard of ear candles. That must be something you get from using too many mods. Just so, as punishment! ;)

brads3

look at the DS info menu,limits screen under herbs and medicines " herbs,royal jelly, Ear Candles." should i assume there is suppose to be a comma between ear and candles?

Nilla

Maybe that´s some Australian speciality like this dreadful Vegemite and other inedible stuff they produce "down under". ;)

TaylorItaly

May I ask where i can find the Radius , BlacksmithTools , ForestCombo and the SafetyHole  Mod ?
I tried Google, but without luck.

brads3

the radius and blacksmith tool mods are from CC.i don't think they have been added to the new site yet.
the safety hole is from NEXUS mods     this works to prevent deaths from mines but also helps other jobs too. picked it up when i giot the muti mine mod there.

KID's forest combo is here at WOB http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1930.msg59720#msg59720

brads3

YEAR 5

a KID's flax garden is eeded to supply the workplace tailor.this will give us coats to trade for seeds. in realistic terms,each time nomad helpers were dropped off, they woud bring some supplies. since we can't do that in game, we'll use the coats as a way to accomplish that. one way to look at it anyhow.

next we need charcoal to use the construction yard to make more than lumber.some bricks and glass might be handy to stockpile. since you have to remake the DS charcoal piles i do want to try an RK charcoal kiln. in theory, this should work since the DS mod is above the RKEC.

the pine mod allows us to use pine boughs to make charcoal. you wouldn't burn the pine in your house because it would plug up your chimney and burn down your house.that way allows you to save firewood. so yes there was a reason to some of my methods. each mod brought a unique option,usually more than 1.in this case we will need to use firewood.

hmm charcoal is set to the firewood limit. i don't like that.ill tell you why based on experience. with the charcoal and firewood on the same limityou run a risk of hitting the limit with 1 and shutting down the other. in this case, i hit the limit without even starting the kiln. if i hit the limit with charcoa,lthe choppers will stop cuitting firewood. this was found with using RED's fodder mod long ago. you can block a chain from functioning with all of a production chain being under 1 limit flag. if the charcoal was under the industrial fuel flag, the backup would be avoided.

we can now make glass and linen coats. someone make a note that this will need tested with the RKEC above the DSIM mod. inventory shows double flax tags.

the construction yard ran threw the sand quicky, making 24 glass. he'll make some bricks. we'll need to decide rather to cut more lumber or not. we will stockpile some charcoal as well.

even with all these extra workplaces,i have enough laborers. our food outputs are higher with the better climate.extra workers is not a bad thing to have, but we will need to find more work for them soon. we did use the time to gather food and stone. a storage barn and leanto has been built near the bridge.

pic 1:  flax garden
pic 2: RK kiln
pic 3: bridge storage
pic 4: inventory and the construction yard outputs