News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nilla-combining odd mods

Started by Nilla, March 16, 2019, 03:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Don´t get me wrong by the headline, I´m no new @brads3 using tons of mods. (By the way, haven´t seen you around for the last few days, hope you are well Brad). I just combine something that´s not really meant to be combined; RKEd and Ironman (real-time ageing with double demand for food and clothing).

Except for the stone version of the dock parts, that I can´t afford yet, I have seen a few other news in the RKEd; you can only put 2 workers in the jetty food producers. That´s good @RedKetchup! :) You need/can use charcoal in some cases. I like that, too. The menus are also very good! :)

First picture
Map and settings cut in. The start here isn´t easier than in the North. Here you don´t have the "lifesaving" instant hunting tool and you also don´t have houses for small families, so you don´t have the means to slow down the population growth as much as you can in the North. On the other hand here we have the "lifesaving" farming and some other food producers with high output.

Second picture
The dock parts give you some shortcuts when you want to build blacksmith, tailor and school. No lumber, no iron needed! Of course, I want to use them! :-[ If you locate them on the shore, it´s no big problem to support raw material.

Third picture

I was too busy to survive to make any screenshots along the way. You can see on the food graph, that it isn´t easy. You can´t relax for one moment, especially when there are more children and students than adults. Luckily some students have just graduated and things are getting better.

brads3

Hi.Nilla. i have been sick for a couple weeks. have very little energy. the last few days i have felt bertter but still not enough energy.still trying to wake my brain back up.

using an age mod isn't an odd mod. i think most do that.in your case using the mini or KID's workplace mod would have helped. the small start shops for clothes and tools help a ton.you could have added TOM's quick hunters.those small options save materials and don't take as long to build.that gives you time for building houses and gathering the 1st year.

i did try to tweak the RK the other day. didn't have much success. i had tried to use the older North 6. would have set most of the alcohol to food use and helped lower the education needs.that didn't work so i will have to try the norseman.it will make me work to keep bannies happy but i can't remember if it will change the educatin needs.

i did get rid of most of the fertilizer from the pastures. and in the end i did get the pine mod to work with the RK the mod manager is suoo helpful with trying things.what took days before now can be done in an hour or 2. plus we can save the mod order in case things don't work.

Nilla

I´m sorry you are sick @brads3 and happy you are feeling better, I hope it will go on and be better and better!

I deliberately don´t want to use more mods than RKEd, even if it´s sometimes a bit difficult. And you know me; that´s exactly what I want! I don´t think that Norseman or Ironman change the education needs but it raises the age where children start school from 10 to 12. That doesn´t make things easier but it´s alright with me.

RedKetchup

i really dont understand why you try to "tweak" the rkec game... it is absolutely perfect as it is presently ?
why always scrapt everything with old outdated useless mods ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 16, 2019, 06:31:59 PM
i really dont understand why you try to "tweak" the rkec game... it is absolutely perfect as it is presently ?
why always scrapt everything with old outdated useless mods ?
Did you ask me or @brads3?

If you ask me, I can say Ironman isn´t old and definitely not useless. Actually, I´m no fan of "real ageing" mods, that´s not the reason I add Ironman. I add it because I like the survival aspect of Banished, and now I need the double amount of food and clothing, and I like the additional challenge of the happiness system that´s included. But I can agree with you @RedKetchup, with RKEd you don´t really need other mods. I don´t miss anything except for the survival aspect. Can I add it with one mod, I´m happy.

I haven´t started to play with happiness yet. I was too busy surviving. I forgot/didn´t look proper, that the country little houses can hold 4 children, so there was a lot of unproductive to support. Now many children have grown up and are producing a lot of food. Things work well and I can slowly start to look into the happiness system. It´s not so easy to plan, because I don´t know by most building, how large the areas are. I also don´t know which buildings have happiness detraction. But it will show.

First picture
Overview. Food is very good.

Second picture

View from the lighthouse. I like this texture very much; beautiful!

galensgranny

I use the Ironman mod for the happiness system,@Nilla and it is difficult to be sure all the Bannies are in the circles of the buildings that produce happiness, since many modders don't have it show. 

I had not realized until Kid told me that his hospitals and those of some other modders do not give health happiness.  They took it our because Bannies would idle around them and then be at risk to catch illnesses.  I think Red's hospital does not have the health happiness.  If you don't already know, Tom Sawyer has a sauna as a separate download that gives health happiness, but does not cure diseases.  It shows the circle of effect, so you can plop several around your town to make sure all the Bannies get health happiness.s

I do have to disagree about not having other mods besides RKEC.  I like having different styles of buildings for different areas, so I would always have other mods active at the same time.

Abandoned

Wow.  I do not agree that other mods and those that @brads3 mentioned are old outdated or useless. I believe other modders are due an apology.  Nothing is perfect, certainly not a mod that wants to exclude player's choice and the use of any other mods.  RKEC bakery menu should be updated to include Humble Pie.

RedKetchup

brads3

i didn't mean to cause trouble,NILLA.

Nilla

No worries, Brad, you´re not causing me trouble. Although I´m not so sure about causing yourself a lot of trouble using all of these odd mods.  :P ;)

A question to you @RedKetchup; do any of your industrial buildings; mines, charcoal kiln, foundry............ have happiness detraction areas? if they have how large are they. I have managed to get the people out on the jetty happy but not those living on the land, although as far as I can see, they have the same "happiness maker".

I´ll show some screenshots later.

RedKetchup

mines have detraction: 30 tiles.
foundry doesnt have any radius.

Nilla

Thank you, Red, I thought it might be something like that. 30 tiles is a lot but I guess that people are anxious, that their children will fall into the hole. One more question @RedKetchup; does the mine on the docks have this happiness detraction as well? I also saw a small cosmetic error. The menu for the driftwood collector shows the limit for food, but it´s no big deal, it follows the log limit as it should. Just a small thing to think about if you make an update.

I moved the mine, provided ale and things started to look better. After I built the bathhouse things look really bright. There are only a few houses far away in the woods where people still are unhappy, but I don´t think I will get those, so I´m satisfied! Don´t look at the picture, I just smashed the bathhouse down as close to the settlement as I could. If I go on with this game, I need to move the chapel. It looks ridiculous built like this.

Along with the happiness, food production also increases dramatically. After I first played with the happiness system, I wrote a bit about what I found out in the "Tips and Tricks" section. My estimation was that the difference in production between 3 and 5 stars was between 10 and 35 %. In this settlement, I guess it's close to my maximal estimation.

Nilla

I´ve started a new similar game. My primary goal is to investigate how much more food is produced just by making everyone happy. I had a feeling in my last game, that it´s a lot. Now I can say for sure: It is a huge difference between 3 and 5 stars.

I made no changes in food production what so ever over a period of years. The 2 years before I started to make everyone happy the average food production was 8800. First I got most people happy and the production rose to 11 900. After I managed to make also the last few people happy (among others a couple of high producing fisher and botanist) it rose to 12 700, 44 % more! 

I was a fast game. I seldom play 10x. I did it a lot this time. But I actually made a few screenshots. I´ll show some here.

First picture
I like the starting position. It will be fun to play with the dock pieces. Map and setting are cut in. I use two mods; RKEd and Ironman. The "Genesis" start isn´t easy with a double need for food and clothing but manageable with a lot of micromanagement.

Second picture
I wanted everyone to be educated but 1 child was too old at the beginning. But on the other hand, it makes things a bit easier now; 4 productive adults supporting 1 teacher, 2 students and 4 children (all very hungry) instead of only 3 adults. At the moment it´s all about food production. We build nothing new. I tried to produce a store of clothes and tools before school started.

Third picture
Quite an achievement for only 10 adults to build this impressive lighthouse. It´s my favourite town hall. I always try to build it on a spot where it "makes sense" like here where the river enters into the lake and there´s a lot of small island and shallows.

You can see that they have a good diet. The beautiful meadows contain a lot of berries! :)

Fourth picture
These ups and downs in the food graph are no seasonal changes (periods are longer). The graphs for the other essential things look similar. It´s simply a not very well played game in 10x speed.  :-[

Fifth picture
Now we have a market, a church with a priest, a brewery and a bathhouse. There are also a few wells but I think they have a minor effect. 4½ stars happiness. I´ve cut in the food graph. The same production sites for years.

A few people in the houses on the bottom of this picture are still unhappy. Not everyone in those houses is unhappy but some important producer like a fisher and a botanist are.

Sixth picture
Those lazy people find the brewery too far away and without their drinks, they aren´t happy. Luckily there is this small ale stand located at the foundry. That made the difference!