News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Diseases From RSC Files

Started by slink, August 27, 2014, 10:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 25, 2014, 06:12:09 AM
With enough well-placed hospitals one can limit the number of people who are infected by a sick citizen walking to the hospital, so the idling makes sure more get infected no matter how good one's hospital placement is.
@rkelly17 While this is true up to a point, I believe there is a population density beyond which it would not matter how many hospitals you had; a disease, once it had taken hold, would inevitably spread throughout the town. Based on my recent experience, I believe that the smallpox would have exploded like it did no matter how many hospitals I had.

RedKetchup

haha, and have fun too with the horrible lag
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Lol yeah I didn't think about that.

Pangaea

Wow. Downloaded the file and looked around a little. Lagged hard! :D There also seemed to be roads across the lake in the south-east, while there weren't roads by the farms up in the northwest. Odd. After a few minutes looking around, the game crashed. Perhaps so much infrastructure and people was too much when I have the game on max settings.

However, upon loading the save, about 10 achievements ticked off :( Is there a way to undo this, or must I reinstall the game?

salamander

Quote from: irrelevant on September 25, 2014, 08:21:13 PM
@salamander here is the save file from right after I accepted the nomads. This is before the smallpox hit, but with pop 5000+ and 661 nomads, you can pretty much guarantee that you're going to get hit with some disease. Have fun!!

Thanks -- I'll have to play around with it sometime.  Hopefully the town is fairly stable -- I have the hardest time getting to and maintaining large populations (I think the highest I've ever gotten was ~800, and it crashed after a couple of years.), and if it doesn't pretty much take care of itself, I'll probably crash it with or without an epidemic.  :)

slink

Quote from: Pangaea on September 26, 2014, 01:54:59 AM
Wow. Downloaded the file and looked around a little. Lagged hard! :D There also seemed to be roads across the lake in the south-east, while there weren't roads by the farms up in the northwest. Odd. After a few minutes looking around, the game crashed. Perhaps so much infrastructure and people was too much when I have the game on max settings.

However, upon loading the save, about 10 achievements ticked off :( Is there a way to undo this, or must I reinstall the game?

For me it ran until the autosave occurred, when it crashed.  There were no roads for me at all in the northern quarter of the map, east or west.  It was an amazing city!

If you are not running the game on Steam, you can edit the registry to remove the achievements.  Otherwise you must re-install the game.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on September 25, 2014, 08:52:57 PM
Quote from: rkelly17 on September 25, 2014, 06:12:09 AM
With enough well-placed hospitals one can limit the number of people who are infected by a sick citizen walking to the hospital, so the idling makes sure more get infected no matter how good one's hospital placement is.
@rkelly17 While this is true up to a point, I believe there is a population density beyond which it would not matter how many hospitals you had, a disease, once it had taken hold, would inevitably spread throughout the town. Based on my recent experience, I believe that the smallpox would have exploded like it did no matter how many hospitals I had.

I think your are right. In my experience once the city gets beyond 1100 or so the epidemics come fast and furious and grow much more quickly. Given the way the disease mechanism works the more citizens the greater the chance that The Great God RNG will smite one of them with disease. With so many people it becomes almost impossible for sick citizens to wade through the traffic without infecting someone (or multiple someones). I still wonder whether the desirability of the hospital as an idling spot wasn't put in on purpose to make sure disease spreads. Maybe I'm just being a conspiracy theory nut.  ;D

Bobbi

Might have been on purpose, or Luke might have a dark sense of humor. After all, he also made the cemetery and the stockyard of the trading post as favorite idling spots.

Pangaea

Quote from: slink on September 26, 2014, 04:49:41 AM

For me it ran until the autosave occurred, when it crashed.  There were no roads for me at all in the northern quarter of the map, east or west.  It was an amazing city!

If you are not running the game on Steam, you can edit the registry to remove the achievements.  Otherwise you must re-install the game.

Excellent, another advantage to having it NOT on that place. Found those entries in the registry and removed them. All achievements are gone now :thup:

It may have crashed at the autosave for me too then, as it saves every 5 minutes.

irrelevant

I occasionally get crashes with Sink Mill. Sometimes when I save (seems to help to turn the speed down to 1x for a bit, and then pause--or I may be imagining this), and sometimes when I get aggressive with the pathfinding tool, clicking on many structures one after another. It doesn't like that at all.

irrelevant

Quote from: Bobbi on September 26, 2014, 09:29:49 AM
Might have been on purpose, or Luke might have a dark sense of humor. After all, he also made the cemetery and the stockyard of the trading post as favorite idling spots.
I believe this!

irrelevant

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 26, 2014, 08:44:05 AM
I think your are right. In my experience once the city gets beyond 1100 or so the epidemics come fast and furious and grow much more quickly. Given the way the disease mechanism works the more citizens the greater the chance that The Great God RNG will smite one of them with disease. With so many people it becomes almost impossible for sick citizens to wade through the traffic without infecting someone (or multiple someones). I still wonder whether the desirability of the hospital as an idling spot wasn't put in on purpose to make sure disease spreads. Maybe I'm just being a conspiracy theory nut.  ;D
I believe this, too!

irrelevant

Sorry I infected you with unearned achievements; that's happened to me before too, but not nearly this bad.

What I did then was I kept track of the unearned ones, and I just earned them thru play, just like I would have if the machine was keeping track.

My video settings are as min as I can make them.

irrelevant

Quote from: slink on September 26, 2014, 04:49:41 AM
  It was an amazing city!
Thanks @slink; coming from you that is high praise indeed. :)

RedKetchup

oh btw , on some computer like my old PC.... if i go more than 2.5k-3k i need to switch to the x32 or i m getting crashes
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .